The Ever-Morphing Sentence Game!

Zozaf Kerman

22 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Sentences only being allowed to be edited three times makes for a rather meh game in my opinion. I think it'd be actually interesting if edits were unlimited and we could see how many sentences we could create just by slowly changing the initial sentence, as this otherwise just creates a topic consisting of random sentences that ultimately go nowhere. The topic is called "ever-morphing sentence" and not "slightly morphing sentence to be reset in a couple posts", after all. So, here's my more interesting take on the idea.

Ok, here’s how it works: I start with a sentence, then the next person changes a word in the sentence, and then the next person does the same thing, and so on. Don’t start your own sentences - the new sentence must be the previous one with a word changed. The sentence can have a total of three words changed in one post, but you must show these iterations, as shown below:

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" (0)

"The quick brown fox rolls over the lazy dog" (1)

"The quick brown fox rolls from the lazy dog" (2)

"The quick brown fox rolls from the smelly dog" (3)

The next person may continue, etc.

The numbers after the post signify the number of edits the sentence has had. Just for convenience, not a requirement.

This is just a take on the original game and not a jab at it. I just personally think the rules OP set greatly limit how much fun we can have with the game. Take it as you wish.

Bruh @Catto

The figgiest sprocket is three hundred meters löng (15)

The largest man is three meters away from my rocket. (24)

(Okay, i originally made this game, so i make the rules. The sentence will reset after (25) and whoever's first to make the new sentence makes the new sentence.)

Edited by Catto

( I was fine with the sentence being edited more times but now you have started adding extra words, this could end up quite large.)

The pie man is three metres away from my rocket. (26)

@Catto. Game threads tend to morph into whatever keeps them interesting. I wouldn't take it personally. Just Look at "King of the Hill" or "Steal the Cookie". They haven't looked like the original set out for ages.

Edited by ColdJ

16 minutes ago, Catto said:

I'm sorry.. but... I made the post first and zozaf has kindly remade it with my permission.

But it's fine. i'll let him make the rules

Whatever you guys decide on. I'm not posting here as a moderator :)

10 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Oi, no changing the Euro spelling without using your turn to do it ;) 

Spoiler

Hadn't realised that Maria had changed it till you mentioned it.

The straw man got three microns away eating my donut (32)

10 minutes ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

I’ll make a 30 edit sentence limit, and we’ll say this is the thirstiest one.

The claw man got three microns away eating my donut. (33) and final.

Whoever’s next, please start with a short sentence.

So the thread's title is worthless

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.