How to place RCS on a rocketplane for high altitude on Earth?[RSS/RO/RP-1/Atmosphere-Autopilot]

I'm using a double XLR-11 rocketplane that is basically a copy of the X-1, today I reached around 60+ km altitude while the engine was on. As it was on the rocketplane slowly drifted upward slowly going upside down. I had to turn the engine off to stop that. So, I decided to add rcs, problem is that even with RCS it still starts flipping itself upside down at high altitudes.
And the Rcs keeps firing even when I don't input anything. I am using Atmosphere autopilot to fly the craft all the way up to 60+km and back down.
screenshot13.pngcbebje3wqdp81.png?width=1920&format=png&

Uh, have you tried actually switching the RCS on? It clearly isn't in the screenshot above.

That plane design is bad: the control surfaces are completely the wrong shape, too thick vertically and horizontally (front to back) but not wide enough (left to right), they should be little more than extensions of the back edge of the wing; the tail wings are too far forwards, which will give you less pitch control and also make it tail-heavy and so more likely to pitch up when at high altitudes with less control authority; the rear RCS thrusters need to be much further back to provide pitch and yaw control, while your roll control won't be that great without RCS thrusters on the wingtips; and I'd change those RCS thrusters for the 3-horn version without any fore/aft thrusters as those aren't necessary on a plane.

14 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Uh, have you tried actually switching the RCS on? It clearly isn't in the screenshot above.

That plane design is bad: the control surfaces are completely the wrong shape, too thick vertically and horizontally (front to back) but not wide enough (left to right), they should be little more than extensions of the back edge of the wing; the tail wings are too far forwards, which will give you less pitch control and also make it tail-heavy and so more likely to pitch up when at high altitudes with less control authority; the rear RCS thrusters need to be much further back to provide pitch and yaw control, while your roll control won't be that great without RCS thrusters on the wingtips; and I'd change those RCS thrusters for the 3-horn version without any fore/aft thrusters as those aren't necessary on a plane.

Yes, I have tried to turn the RCS on, after I designed the next version of this with the RCS on, the first screenshot didn't have them on. This is the screenshot of the most current version of the design in use. X-1 Rocket plane latest craft version It is pretty much a copy of an X-1 rocket plane, I tried making an X-2 craft, but it doesn't move that well even at low altitudes, and that apparently had gone through higher altitudes in real life. Could you draw on the image to tell me where I should do the change?

Edit: Here's the newer current version with my attempt at interpreting what you said. Also, is there anything I need to do with the wings?unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by FabioofSpace

On 3/26/2022 at 6:36 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

Can you share the craft file? It's probably easier to demonstrate that way.

Hey, umh. Are you still here? I just shared the links to my craft files in this

On 3/26/2022 at 6:40 PM, FabioofSpace said:

Sure! X-1 Rocket plane(Tried to follow the real life X-1 design) And also here's the supposed X-2 that was supposed to replace it once I get the better engine X-2(Also tried to copy the real life version)

21 hours ago, TokiGlassBlower said:

Not an answer..... I was driving by the US AirForce Museum this morning and was thinking about the X-1 inside on display, we haven't been in since they put the Memphis Belle on display..... saw this thread and lol. 

That sounds cool. I haven't gone to a museum in a while. Though there's probably not that much aerospace stuff where I live. And I'm still waiting for the help. But I guess it isn't coming. Kinda wondering if I can just take any sort of designs from https://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/index.php and turn it into a rocketplane?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.