Show and Tell - Procedural Radiators

StarSlay3r

Gorgeous!!!!!!! 

Also, when I saw that V-shaped radiator I squealed with glee! I am definitely making a book accurate discovery replica!

Also, this will make that practically every reasonable ship (given this is kerbal, I doubt well have too many of those) has only a max of 4 radiators, no matter its size! High part counts no more!

Edit: I just noticed that the first part was done by Chris Adderley, aka: Nertea!!!!!!!!

Edited by Hyperspace Industries

1 hour ago, siklidkid said:

Will Solar Panels be procedural too?

Seeing this question pop up in a few places. We don't currently have specific plans to add procedural solar panels for release, as solar gameplay wasn't blocked by the absence of a large-scale solution in the way that radiator gameplay was. As you get deeper into the progression, you've got a number of other power generation solutions that don't rely on sunlight (since many of the problems you're solving involve either being very far from a star or being in a situation in which solar intermittency is an obstacle). I'd love to hear the applications you see for big, interestingly-shaped solar panels. 

1 hour ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

(Also, is that a new track I hear in the background?)

That's our new VAB music, courtesy of Howard Mostrom. It makes you 28 percent more creative.

Just now, Nate Simpson said:

I'd love to hear the applications you see for big, interestingly-shaped solar panels. 

How else am I going to power my tiny ship with a disproportionately large engine?

Or my interstellar ion ship? Say I don't like radiation hazards. How else would I power my ship? 

oh wait fuel cells are a thing

29 minutes ago, Nate Simpson said:

Seeing this question pop up in a few places. We don't currently have specific plans to add procedural solar panels for release, as solar gameplay wasn't blocked by the absence of a large-scale solution in the way that radiator gameplay was. As you get deeper into the progression, you've got a number of other power generation solutions that don't rely on sunlight (since many of the problems you're solving involve either being very far from a star or being in a situation in which solar intermittency is an obstacle). I'd love to hear the applications you see for big, interestingly-shaped solar panels. 

That's our new VAB music, courtesy of Howard Mostrom. It makes you 28 percent more creative.

perhaps to power spacecraft in far flung orbits around kerbol and other stars (specifically for your radiation exposure limit regulartors)?

also, i'm loving the music so far! it'd be really appreciated if there could be a small library of tracks for the vab/sph/ocd (orbital construction dock) so that we're not listening to the same three songs for eleven years straight!