Ksp2 needs better xbox and playstation features, such as being able to mod the game without a computer

I think you need to present this argument to console makers, not game makers.   It is the consoles that are limiting the performance, not the game (in this case).  As for mods, it is generally true that for any given PC, there is going to be a point where adding one more performance hungry mod will be too much for a decent play experience.   You may see it as console vs PC functionality, but within the PC group there are vast differences between what one player's PC can handle and another's.  For example, there are craft on KerbalX that were built on high end gaming machines with vast resources that many PC KSP'ers simply cannot load on their machines and have any fun with as the frame rate drops below 1.   Those with high end machines certainly did not lay out several thousand dollars so they could play a game limited to what a console can do.

As for simply making it so consoles can use mods, there is probably a way to do that but I imagine the hard part is getting the console to do it, not the game.  I'm guessing, but I think if the console version found the mod DLLs in the right place on the console it might load them right up (reality check requested).  Maybe not though as the efforts to "prevent cheating" is a stronger thing in the console world so maybe the console version compiles differently in that regard.  You got me wondering

Edited by darthgently

1 hour ago, BowlerHatGuy2 said:

Have you guys never heard of mod.io? It’s a website that’s basically steam workshop but for consoles. I play Space Engineers and I’m able to add community made mods to my game on console. If that game can do it, KSP2 certainly can.

I could be wrong, but I thought mod.io doesn't allow sharing anything with scripting in SE? If that is the case, they probably won't allow mods that have code beyond part configs to the game.

19 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

I could be wrong, but I thought mod.io doesn't allow sharing anything with scripting in SE? If that is the case, they probably won't allow mods that have code beyond part configs to the game.

That’s not really a problem since the blocks themselves can have different scripts and parameters. Also, I’ve been able to mod different skyboxes, planets, weapons, and textures into console SE without any problem. 

@BowlerHatGuy2 that's fine for basic part mods. I'm wondering about mods that add functionality to the game. Would you be able to share autopilots, planning addons, tool kits that maybe required for some mods to work? Basically separate programs that run with KSP. With console makers being really paranoid about the software running on their systems, I don't see consoles have much selection of helpful mods or plug-ins. (Unless you build the script in-game.)

I'm basically using the fact that Cities Skylines on consoles don't have access to the one most useful mod for that game, TM:PE. They have buildings, vehicles, network items, maps, but none of the truly useful mods for Cities. 

21 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

@BowlerHatGuy2 that's fine for basic part mods. I'm wondering about mods that add functionality to the game. Would you be able to share autopilots, planning addons, tool kits that maybe required for some mods to work? Basically separate programs that run with KSP. With console makers being really paranoid about the software running on their systems, I don't see consoles have much selection of helpful mods or plug-ins. (Unless you build the script in-game.)

I'm basically using the fact that Cities Skylines on consoles don't have access to the one most useful mod for that game, TM:PE. They have buildings, vehicles, network items, maps, but none of the truly useful mods for Cities. 

You should be able to add a lot of the things you described. Mods such as MechJeb, BD Armory, Realism Overhaul (that’s the one with the solar system right?), EVE, Kerbal Attachment System, Interstellar Extended etc should be possible.

I don’t know about mods that don’t run in KSP, like something in a web browser. I think it’s fine though, since if someone wants to truly get that in depth in the game they should prob save to get a PC anyway.

Edited by BowlerHatGuy3

21 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Also what do you mean by adding autopilots?

On 3/27/2022 at 7:32 PM, kerbalspaceprogramxboxplay said:

I think that on all platforms the games should be the same

I play on X Box, which makes an already difficult game even more difficult. I think better features/optimization is a MUST, but modding is fairly difficult. However, some games like Fallout 4 and Minecraft have built in Mods on console, so anything is possible. 

2 hours ago, BowlerHatGuy2 said:

Also what do you mean by adding autopilots?

Any mod that automatically controls your craft. MJ is an example of an autopilot. So you're allowed to share DLL class files? DLL's are small programs that are launched by the and run beside the game. 

I'm thinking that the console makers would not like user based programs being ran on their hardware. And if they do, I can't imagine the hurdles the user will have to go through.