WindRider challenge - build an unusual aircraft!

On 5/1/2022 at 11:35 PM, Rutabaga22 said:

My wind rider with an extreme wing span. Jeb died shortly after the picture over the ocean was taken.

Hi, this looks really cool, but could you please fly it again and post a picture with the HUD visible so I can see your altitude and add you to the participant list?

On 5/7/2022 at 6:07 AM, AllenLi said:

I don't know if this is THE windrider, but it managed 5m and then crashed

Great! Hey, any landing is okay if you can walk (or swim) away! small print: landing not required for participation  Feel free to claim your badge!

50 minutes ago, Rutabaga22 said:

Would mechjeb be allowed, or is that cheating? I probably won't use it, but it would be good to know if I make some very outlandish design.

Err,  never used it, so I have no idea about its functionality. If it just balances a craft or something like that, it's probably okay, but you, the player, still need to do the actual flying. If it flies the plane by itself, it's kinda cheaty.

7 hours ago, Watermel00n said:

I think I've gone mad.

This is so crazy! Pushing the challenge to its limits, and also hillarious! I like that you took the time to rescue the Kerbals one-by-one! Awesome!

You already have a badge, so no need to claim one. I'll add you to the participant list!

Here's another submisison.  There is baleen in the mouth that provides lift.  The vernier engine does nothing, but now i kinda wish it was spouting for the screenshot.  Too bad there wasn't any oxidizer.

zyjXlGW.png

Edited by LookingLost

On 5/17/2022 at 5:42 PM, LookingLost said:

Here's another submission. 
W  H  A  L  E

That's really cool and kinda funny, can I call it "W H A L E" in the submission list?

On 5/17/2022 at 5:52 PM, LookingLost said:

And one more for me.

Is that a tiny Star Destroyer? That's some interesting shaping, I really like it?

On 5/16/2022 at 11:42 PM, LookingLost said:

Here's a submission.  Got down to zero meters elevation with 216 m/s airspeed. (edited to put image right here instead of link)

Whoops, somehow failed to notice your first submission. It's a really nice design, I dig the clipped antennae. Have your well-deserved badge:
uI2vl8N.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.