KSP: "Not Planning to be at PAX East this year"

DrCHIVES

On 4/1/2022 at 12:23 PM, DrCHIVES said:

I apologize if my post came across as me having doubts as to the state of the game.  This was not my intention.  I have nothing but extreme confidence in the ksp2 dev team!  They are some of the biggest ksp fans out there and it shows in their dev vlogs.  @Nate Simpson is a freaking beast and I get super giddy anytime he talks about the game whether it be in videos or here on the forums.  All my intentions were, was to point out that we might be waiting a little longer than 2022 based on information I received.  I just have been seeing everyone talk about 2022 and I guess I wanted to help out with the expectation management.  

Don't sweat it, or take any of these things personally. There's been a bit of a rash of anxiety and griping and people have gotten a bit snippy (even me, Im sad to admit.) I think for some of the regulars around here who have been hanging in, waiting expectantly for news and videos every friday for the better part of a few years and seeing how things have evolved and grown it seems odd now to see so many suddenly worried that the sky is falling. As far as I can tell the level of polish on a lot of the recent teasers has been high enough to give some confidence that they're probably on track to release this year if not soon after. If they're holding things back its probably strategic, not wanting to let all the air out of the balloon too early, get people pumped closer to release, give time to have things really dialed in terms of mechanics, aesthetics, all that. 

• 2 weeks later...

I know this thread hasn't seen a post in a little while, but I have an on-topic thought.
If Intercept Games isn't going to be at PAX East this year, that's not really a big deal. There's plenty of other gaming conventions to go to.

You know, like Gamescom. The KSP 2 developers showed up to Gamescom back before the Intercept Games takeover, so my thinking is that they'd probably show up there again.
After all "if it worked well once", right?

On 3/31/2022 at 3:45 AM, Gargamel said:

I want my KSP2 experience to be one of wonder and discovery

You are not alone there. 

(For the longest time when I first got KSP I resisted even zooming in on the SOI's of the other planets, wanting to see them on screen for the first time when my ship arrived)

Frankly, a feature I'd like (but don't expect) is one that only renders the planet in all its glory once you DO have a ship / telescope able to resolve it... otherwise all you get is a colorful sphere.

From Hubble:

Hubble-Saturn-f74bbab.jpg?quality=45&res

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

5 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

(For the longest time when I first got KSP I resisted even zooming in on the SOI's of the other planets, wanting to see them on screen for the first time when my ship arrived)

Gah.  It’s been like 3 years since I made a serious Jool mission.     Now I wanna go back. Thanks for that. 

3 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Frankly, a feature I'd like (but don't expect) is one that only renders the planet in all its glory once you DO have a ship / telescope able to resolve it... otherwise all you get is a colorful sphere.

To go a step further, I would hope you only get the colored ball if it sensible could be seen with a naked eye (unlike neptune and jupiter) and until you have the capability to find it with a scope or have found it with a ship even its orbit should be hidden. I would like to watch the knowledge of the universe unfurl progressively over the game as if an unseen fog was slowly clearing away revealing the universe

1 hour ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

I would like to watch the knowledge of the universe unfurl progressively over the game as if an unseen fog was slowly clearing away revealing the universe

Yes. This. Very much this. I want to earn the views of the new planets.