April Fool's - KSP 2 Update: Dres

Tried to solve the equation but get stuck on the first equation of the last row.

Looks like the limit of the integral (1+epsilon) as epsilon approaches 0.

This is what I got up to that point: -4  * 1 * ( 15 + 3) * 2.71828 *

EDIT: If I assume that one I can't figure out is 1, then the equation is:

-4  * 1 * ( 15 + 3) * 2.71828 * 1(?) * (11 + 8) = -3718.60704

If I assume this number is hours, then I divide by 24 to get 154.94196 days, so my guess is that KSP 2 will be released on September 3, 2022! :P

EDIT2: Thanks to the help from someone on Reddit the S is actually the reimann zeta function which does make that particular equation = 1.

So indeed we now know that Dres = 3718.60704 to 5 sig figs.

Edited by MechBFP
Math error.

Dres? Thats not even a thing silly, did you forget to take your pills @kspStar ? please take your pills grandpa, you scare me when you get like this... :unsure:

5 hours ago, KSPStar said:

KSP2_Dres.jpg

It pains us to say goodbye, but after careful calculation, we've decided to remove Dres from Kerbal Space Program 2 so we can focus on other celestial bodies instead.

Edited by TheLoneOne
forgot quote

3 hours ago, MechBFP said:

This is amazing :joy:

Also, @MechBFP just proved Dres mathematically exists. Quite the feat. This individual deserves a medal. 

I feel happy, but also sad.  I now have a good idea of when it will be released, but it will be when I'm back in school.     Amazing job on that calculation though!

14 hours ago, MechBFP said:

Tried to solve the equation but get stuck on the first equation of the last row.

Looks like the limit of the integral (1+epsilon) as epsilon approaches 0.

This is what I got up to that point: -4  * 1 * ( 15 + 3) * 2.71828 *

EDIT: If I assume that one I can't figure out is 1, then the equation is:

-4  * 1 * ( 15 + 3) * 2.71828 * 1(?) * (11 + 8) = -3718.60704

If I assume this number is hours, then I divide by 24 to get 154.94196 days, so my guess is that KSP 2 will be released on September 3, 2022! :P

EDIT2: Thanks to the help from someone on Reddit the S is actually the reimann zeta function which does make that particular equation = 1.

Just now, Scarecrow71 said:

The devs posted on Facebook yesterday that Dres is no longer going to be part of KSP2.  This should, effectively, end the discussion about whether or not the planet is real.

WilRLz3.png

Check the post date.

:I -_-

被遗忘的德雷斯,希望再次看到它,毕竟这个星球已经完全被殖民化了,要宣布一颗星球的死亡并不容易......

凯波爾谷神星,見你!

Forgotten Dresses, hope to see it again, after all this planet is fully colonized, it's not easy to declare a planet dead...

See you, Kypor Ceres!

Edited by Vanamonde

6 hours ago, QPC said:

被遗忘的德雷斯,希望再次看到它,毕竟这个星球已经完全被殖民化了,要宣布一颗星球的死亡并不容易......

德雷茲被完全殖民?也許這解釋了很多……隱形盾? !

Drez was fully colonized? Maybe that explains a lot... Invisibility Shield? !

Edited by Vanamonde

Overlapping threads have been merged.

Also, a number of posts have been removed.   Remember, All posts outside of the "international" subforums must be in clear English or include an English translation. 

16 hours ago, DunaManiac said:

I found a leaked picture from intercept's twitter page a while back of what it was supposed to be. It's a shame, it had so much potential.
266px-TinyDres.png

HEY, GIVE ME MY CLOTHES BACK!!!

On 4/1/2022 at 12:12 PM, KSPStar said:

Updated to indicate this was just an April Fool's Day post

Ah the interwebz... Where you really do need to explain the joke; and then defend telling it in the first place. 

SMH. 

(Well played OP

31 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Ah the interwebz... Where you really do need to explain the joke; and then defend telling it in the first place. 

SMH. 

(Well played OP

Some demonic force has sucked the sense of humor from the world.  The internet may have played a role for sure

7 minutes ago, darthgently said:
39 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

SMH. 

(Well played OP

Some demonic force has sucked the sense of humor from the world.  The internet may have played a role for sure

Jokes to be banned, starting from 2024. Too many kiddies offended.