How will you approach the new tutorial animations?

When KSP2 arrives, will you be watching the tutorial animations? Why?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be watching the tutorials?

• Yes. I am new to KSP and will probably need to watch them.
    • Yes. I am not new to KSP, but I might need them to figure out late game mechanics.
    • Yes. I am not new to KSP and I probably won’t need to watch them, but I’d like to support the developers.
    • No. I am new to KSP, but I want to figure out the game through pure trial and error.
    • No. I am not new to KSP, so I probably won’t need to watch them.
    • Other (comment below)!

First forum topic in a while, so I hope you will bear with me.

I was perusing this sub-forum, and saw a topic that inspired me to create this poll. So, I am curious: how will you be approaching the new tutorial animations planned for KSP2? Personally, I am not a new player of KSP by any means, but I will likely be watching the animations for late game content, as well as to support the efforts that the devs put into them. I want to know how you guys feel!

Also, mods, feel free to do what you need to this topic. Again, I am not exactly used to posting topics on the forums, so I apologize in advance for any errors I have made.

The other i mean, is that i am good at ksp and can make an orbit but am unable to go  to the mun or further. The old tutorials sucked, so the new ones should help.

Yeah, I'm interested to see the tutorials anyway, even though I already have a good grasp on the first game.

And in the event parts of the game are different enough that I would need to relearn them, watching the tutorials right at the beginning removes the possibility of coming in all arrogant and then having to shamefully go check the tutorials after numerous failures.

28 minutes ago, TLTay said:

I want to see if they can train a kindergartener  to conduct an orbital rendezvous using cartoons. 

I'm sure someone will take on that challenge. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 9:08 PM, TLTay said:

I want to see if they can train a kindergartener  to conduct an orbital rendezvous using cartoons. 

I no longer have access to a kindergartener. However I did coax my pre-teen daughter into orbit and return for a class project. I'll be impressed. It's not easy to explain this game without making their eyes glaze over. I had the advantage in that my kid has my sense of humour.

6 hours ago, pandaman said:

@KSACheeseI'm curious,  how would watching the tutorials 'support the developers'?

By this, I just mean “support the effort they put into it”. For instance, I probably wont need the tutorials (except maybe for the newest content) but I still want to support the effort they put into making them. Hope that helps. :) 

Edited by KSACheese

On 4/5/2022 at 4:50 AM, Catto said:

The other i mean, is that i am good at ksp and can make an orbit but am unable to go  to the mun or further. The old tutorials sucked, so the new ones should help.

Lets face if you are still going to push to limits as you get better and tutorials trigger based on failure then I'll probably still see all of them anyway and take a moment to enjoy.