Kerbal Space Program 2: Episode 5 - Interstellar Travel

KSP 2 Feature Videos Episode 5 is here!

In this video, devs discuss what interstellar travel means for players, how it changes the gameplay experience & the challenges associated with bringing this feature to the game with scientific accuracy. 

Interplanetary torch ships confirmed!

Pff, we've waited so, so long for this video. Thank you!

Can't wait for the cherry on top of KSP2: the multiplayer reveal! I really hope you make it MMO style so we can all play in the same Universe.

We gotta be getting close to either an release window or a delay. It did make me nervous to still see "Pre-Alpha" status. It all looks amazing. I got chills.

Damn, this is a good one. And cool to see a face put to the name with Chris Adderley (AKA Nertea, king of the KSP modders) for the first time.

Also, I totally called it that the torch engines would be for smaller brachistochrones in-system like in the Expanse. Any word on if we'll be able to include the flip in the timewarp?

Edit: Wait. Does this frame seem to show you guys are modeling relative stellar motion about the galactic core???

Wf8Dahx.png

Edited by Wubslin

8 minutes ago, Linky said:

We gotta be getting close to either an release window or a delay. It did make me nervous to still see "Pre-Alpha" status. It all looks amazing. I got chills.

I agree. I've been hoping for this year, but I think they are just gonna take their time to do it right, so probably will be late 2023. Although would love to be involved in the alpha testing.

18 minutes ago, Linky said:

It did make me nervous to still see "Pre-Alpha" status.

You absolutely should not worry. All of that footage could easily have been recorded months if not years ago.
In game development, you typically never see the most updated version for months.

The Pre-Alpha means nothing either, it just means everything is subject to change.

22 minutes ago, Wubslin said:

Edit: Wait. Does this frame seem to show you guys are modeling relative stellar motion about the galactic core???

I think that is the picture shown... but I'm not sure how much it will apply in game... but also.... they have a PhD and other related nerds on staff, so...... ya never know.

Good vid @KSPStar, thank the team for us!  

6 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

I bet it's the release date.

Doubt it, but what's almost certain is that the next video will be the last, with Mun landing. And that's probably when we hear about release.

Nice! I can't wait for the release of this, going interstellar and being able to build colonies all over the Kalaxy (It's funny because I added a "K") are two of the features I am most hyped for (following multiplayer, of course). By the looks of it (if the ending gameplay means anything) the next episode will have something big, a release date perhaps...

Edited by DJDoesKSP

7 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Doubt it, but what's almost certain is that the next video will be the last, with Mun landing. And that's probably when we hear about release.

Either that, or we'll get more frequent videos.
The landing isn't always the end of the journey, you have to return too!
Multiplayer video is certain, but I feel like there are many topics that they haven't touched on yet. Like Colonies, and Aerodynamics, if we are getting videos of those, then the feature videos should be released more frequently.

Definitely the best feature video yet! If I had to guess, the end teaser is definitely for something like stock kOS. I'd love stock krpc, but I can't see them implementing players coding in a language like Java or Python.