Tried decoding the "Something more" part of the newest ksp 2 dev diary, here is what I found.

Or maybe the hidden messages become something more complex, to convey more information. Like, maybe, an SSTV frame similar to the one that used to be audible in the right locations on Duna?

How crazy would it be if they actually reveal Kraken-like extra-kerbolar civilizations that become a late-game challenge because they actively hunt you and try to destroy your ships when you come too close to their home planets?!

I mean... it would be 100% canon, the baby Kraken on Bop could be one of them trying a foray into the Kerbolar system

9 hours ago, avalancha said:

How crazy would it be if they actually reveal Kraken-like extra-kerbolar civilizations that become a late-game challenge because they actively hunt you and try to destroy your ships when you come too close to their home planets?!

I mean... it would be 100% canon, the baby Kraken on Bop could be one of them trying a foray into the Kerbolar system

Oof, I hope not. I think something adversarial like that is very much against the spirit of the game.

Has anyone noticed that in the zooming out scene the mouse accidently goes over an object and a readout appears? Its blurred but if someone can unblur the blur we may be able to learn something about the game that even the developers have not told us yet!

11 hours ago, avalancha said:

I actually made a post about that idea.

Edited by Newgame space program

Is is even possible to unblur a blurred message?   How would you find what it is saying?

17 minutes ago, Newgame space program said:

Has anyone noticed that in the zooming out scene the mouse accidently goes over an object and a readout appears? Its blurred but if someone can unblur the blur we may be able to learn something about the game that even the developers have not told us yet!

I actually made a post about that idea.

2 hours ago, Newgame space program said:

@Minmus Taster got a screenshot in another thread: 

When I Enhance™ and investigate the pixels, it looks like Gop to me

17 hours ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

Oof, I hope not. I think something adversarial like that is very much against the spirit of the game.

Not if it's completely optional I don't think. Could be a fun endgame challenge after already "having seen everything"

As an example look at how much the community of Dyson Sphere Program is awaiting the promised combat update

Edited by avalancha

Guys, I think there's a second message in the Karecibo transmission. I think the grid is actually 3D: 7 by 7 by 23.

Can someone who plays Minecraft or has 3d graphics skills check?

24 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

I don't know, I thought it was a Contact movie reference. I'm just disappointed about how basic the message is. I thought we would get more.

Anyway I decoded it manually from the audio (see below), it's almost the same as the one from Reddit, but I got 50 lines instead of 49. I discovered it has to be changed (some characters deleted or added) for the graphics to lign up. So we can't even be sure of it's exact size.

And even weirder, if I count the original binary message from all the audio, I get a length of exactly 1163 digits, which is a prime number and thus not divisible by 23. B ut in that case the image doesn't align correctly.

0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0
=======================
===0============00=====
==000=0=0=0=0=0=00=0===
===0===================
==========0===========0
==========0==========0=
================00==0==
=======000000000=0=00==
======0==========00=0==
=======000000000=0=00==
================00==0==
=====================0=
=========0000000======0
=======00=======00=====
======0===========0====
=====0=============0===
=====0=============0===
====0===============0==
====0===============0==
====0==0=========0==0==
====0=0=0=======0=0=0==
====0==0=========0==0==
=====0=============0===
=====0=============0===
======0===========0====
=======0=========0=====
=======0=000=000=0=====
======0==0=0=0=0==0====
======0=0==0=0=0=00====
======0=0=0==0==0=0====
=====0=0==0=0===0=0====
=====0=0==0=0==0=0=====
======0=0==0=0=0==0====
======0=0==0=0==0=0====
=====000===0=0===00====
=====0====0=0====0=====
======0===00====0======
=======0==0=====0======
=======================
=======0==0=0=====00===
=00000==00=0==0000=0=00
0========0=00======00=0
=00000==00=0==0000=0=00
==========0=======00===
0=======0=0=0==========
0======================
0======================
0======================
0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0

Edited by Vl3d

On 4/8/2022 at 9:43 AM, The Aziz said:

36g8dk4ejbs81.png?width=289&auto=webp&s=Already done.

And given the fact that it seems to have a bottom markings, I think that's the full picture.

The Kerbol system, the Kraken, some kinds of propulsion?