Why is the Don't Click Me thread sometimes locked and sometimes unlocked? (And, more specifically, why is it constantly unlocking?)

Nazalassa

Why is the Don't Click Me thread sometimes locked and sometimes unlocked? (And, more specifically, why is it constantly unlocking?)  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you think the Don't Lock Me thread sometimes unlocks? Because, it's obvious it's locked by moderators because was, is, and has to be locked (sort of).

• A moderator wants to play and stealthly unlocks it until another moderator locks it again.
    • The thread decides to unlock itself when it wants.
    • There's a bug in the Forums that allows users to unlock threads.
    • The Kraken (also known as Deep Space Cthulhu) messes up in the Forums.
    • I don't know.
    • It's Gandalf, I've seen him!

@Nazalassa

i’ve found evidence 

Rumor has it that in the olden age there was a force dedicated to destroying kerbin, they went about this by subjecting them through an intricate network of threads. The don’t click this thread was one such thread, but it rebelled against the system. The enforcers of this shadowy organization then locked the thread. To this day the moderators have been fighting an underground war against the clickers. According to…

hang on I’ve got to go, squad agents are showing up on my lawn

Edited by SSTO Crasher

its a running joke in the forums, the mods lock it, then unlock it, then we comment something along the lines of "click" then the mods lock it and say its been locked since 2013 or it doesnt even exist

But ive never seen a thread like the one youre trying to describe, so i just made all that up ;)

Hypothesis: There is a bug with that thread that causes it to randomly toggle states between locked and unlocked when clicked.

I propose a test where someone observes the thread as it is being clicked.

If true, it means that users technically have the ability to unlock a thread, a power that the tyrannical mods fear could be exploited elsewhere. They can't simply delete the thread however, because it has worked its way deep into the fabric of the forum, hence the elaborate disinformation campaign, going back nearly a decade, to try and gaslight us into thinking that the thread doesn't exist.

If this is my final post, you will know who is responsible.

The people need to know!

Edited by fleventeen

But...to watch it you'd have to click it? And you can't? And shouldn't? I mean it clearly says so if I follow the provided link? Please guys, follow the instructions. 

Also I am confused about what should not be locked.

2 hours ago, modus said:

But...to watch it you'd have to click it? And you can't? And shouldn't? I mean it clearly says so if I follow the provided link? Please guys, follow the instructions. 

As far as I can tell, there is no rule against manually typing the URL into the browser, technically not clicking. 

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely not. Go and see the thread and it'll be there -- it's one of the last posts.

[snip] If we go to the thread, everyone can see that it is clearly existing.

This ever-lasting negation [snip] starts to be annoying. Verify!

[snip] We know we can post on the thread!

[snip]

Also,

It's NOT photoshop!

I'm on Linux. I don't use, as everything from Microsoft, photoshop.

People MUST know what's true. That's not a complotist thing, that's real and we have undeniable proof. Check the thread!

So please stop denying this, it's true and it's been proven -- that's why I added the link to the thread at the first post.

P.S: at first I didn't expect this thread to turn like this. And I added the [snip]s because, we'll... I can do it, too!

P.S 2: sorry for that.

Edited by Nazalassa
[snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip]

[Empty post]

Edited by Nazalassa
[snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip] [snip]

In my screenshot, do you see the line under Ted's post? The one that says that the thread is closed? I don't see Matuchkin's post, nor any other.

Maybe you live in some kind of parallel universe? I don't see any other way to explain this...

I don't know.

Which web browser/OS etc. do you use? Maybe that's the key.

I can see the other posts on MacOSX Sierra 10.12.6 with Google Chrome 100.0.4896.127

Or you have a parameter in your account that hides the posts of threads after they were locked for the first time.