Something is very wrong with my modded install, clicking on parts doesn't work. Tiny boxes.

Hello!   I seem to be having a problem with the toolbar/part selection menu, and I believe they are related.

Spoiler

GameFolder:

wbX_WiXsFWfI8wV0_IEb9UifrvbhrreJXBZb4-qculjejUJWHza8pz3q5lWGVRDa49J1cgxYez0-k_b9qA6Ys2LKzr4wDkmlZAG-M7U_xEUkep-BGJIsyOsZLei6VytJ4RLe1Rjq

BxGhJKRUWZdqpqwnUeUFN1hmIZOQVjlQjy18l7wnJ3z_cLcN8xvvw61QYxmITwZUJ7w8TEf-9zF7YyLAny0nNMt6aPiMdG9gDy19D3B6z5DZnCJs_K8RCnxNuJnNlzsu9GW8MTdq

u-ax6CnaQF2K7daz7pgXuRcmZ9goqHyFy_gZmlTIjeca1TwX9DTwGgpmIB7vWo9Re0tWH2LbTgGThFkBkh0zRbOYTvLnimcLHKFIB9IC1TBjo0onU587pbGNEuIz3sO8aIo3Mpbt

Some of the mods I have manually installed and edited configs to tweak it to my needs, but nothing that I can think might affect this.

Problem:

Randomly, (But most likely not)  my game will decide that I cant click on things and start duplicating the toolbar.  

Log keeps throwing this like 10,000 times:  "Exception: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

UoZGqIL8D_Fd7Nb9P1bswiPUoukJKDvAH9ZVDhYX7dNppzoIt4_-LvLlrJFrT69I3A-BreYbrtjbspGLW22--dJ2VSg8NjzkxmGqOZoJT8MUjVwMGWo7d_5iMWkBr6owqpi68-GV

G00kd3ThB911ckDjEJuDY68Wv7XDPaMEkrLX7-vOPgWi1fpvyBqy-5ysKB0t1WhQuySKs31WjHOla8JRJbTJDjSgOUD6sg6s8tF4qJkRuY2c4kCrqsMZTJsEy4r6Bj_QL1PxGCvE

cQgZ58Au_-fnXoHbL8xtK8tHQu2rsfprO_yCCioGmw3bUSC1MlPLfmHU0Ey7DIgfM4YdG6AVdcIvfGXlbybrzoclxWu3l6FehJeIYOFynM1HdS9JTwuvdjIdG_lldxulcFjLRiZs

bkZ3r0JXBKkA5uM_5-8kgO1IS5SvDYMwJ7l0fM1OzA0CivbhMOnZZN9agWx2hBntPKqTdxGwCbIJFeAuA9jO1jJCwNnicQqsMxYyoLnXi1BUUnedSBhCr3dhuKjRJPWgn222Ny0W

2dG0-KxM2kE99HMy9p7DVWjP4gE_smEO0b206gbvaKXBz-mh-SRZ9K1WlcPp7F9BESnBI_QJF5iJPUKuC27BbALdkFfPG_WEIPu_sGE19VfoRFeM-3TPMmO9ZI4RMSIrefxcBeLj

AJhI69-I15mPqnsjUQ0QxXInoWBeLu-GIXzB-vF3HgeoThZxhB2b2oLszBANrfRv-eygCoAmmrsAPEwZYY74A4u9n7qWqbfuawM_9U2ZkyFmNJ7i_O0ZKxzbphJXXzPKI0gcmafg

Video 1:        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UohE_cePNQDlox9CChwqlkkNQVK_58RA/view?usp=sharing

Video 2         https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rDzeitBvOd2LS8UWP0t2HvnPPMNdUKpy/view?usp=sharing

Going to the KSC, tracking station and home screen doesn't fix it.  When going to start menu the toolbar still shows up and is very buggy.        !The strangest part of the whole thing is the repeated toolbar buttons!

Quitting and restarting the game doesn't fix it either.  Though the problem doesn't show up until I do anything.    It stops me from using action groups, using toolbar items,  staging, using map view. and clicking on parts,  although sometimes the window will show up really short and skinny and you have to scroll.   When that happens I see "Place help text here"  in the window alot.

'SOMETIMES'  when I click on something via the staging menu it works just fine but it still wont let me click any of the buttons or another part.

I think it it has something to do with mechjeb.  I have launched things and clicked on them on launch, in Sandbox this time though, and it works fine. Once I reach orbit, though it begins to malfunction.    Relaunching the same craft and cheating it to the same orbit path does not produce the effect immediately.

Spacecraft controls like throttle and attitude still work though.

Stuff I already tried but isn't the cause:

Cheats

Entering Space

Switching craft

Leaving flight scene with part clicked

Going to Space Center and back through tracking station

Modded parts

Decoupling. 

Kerbaled or Unkerbaled Craft.   (Unmanned)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-________________-________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Any idea what could be causing this or if there is a mod to fix it?     The screenshots cover most of the problems that I have seen so far.

Edit:   I deleted a maneuver node after going to TS (Tracking Station) and back and it was fixed, I staged but then when I clicked on a reaction wheel it started again.

Edited by Tundra

Ok, I know it has something to do with maneuver nodes.   When I don't have any maneuver nodes placed everything works fine.   But when I do have maneuver nodes placed for that craft then it breaks.    Still dont know why though.   Or why the toolbar is duplicating its self.   Any of the mods in the gamedata folder affecting this?

3 hours ago, Tundra said:

Log keeps throwing this like 10,000 times:  "Exception: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

This, I think, is often a race condition symptom of a mod repeatedly polling KSP for a reference to something that never instantiates.  One of my theories is that the constant polling of KSP may actually be the cause of the failure to instantiate.  Lisias has looked into this more and I think is related to the way KSP uses spinlocks to grant access to some internals.  I am now officially out of my depth in this regard

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Roka said:

Anyone find a solution to this? I have the same issue and i can't figure out what's causing it, here are my mods:

image.png?ex=6518985e&is=651746de&hm=173

I seem to have fixed it? I reinstalled all my mods, and removed: Alternate Planet Color Configs, Better Burn Time, Sigma (whatever that was), StockWaterfallEffects-master, Blizzy's Toolbar and Texture Replacer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.