Predictions on how many star systems we're getting? (Excluding Kerbol)

Predictions on how many star systems we're getting? (Excluding Kerbol)  

87 members have voted

1. 1. How many new star systems do you think we'll get? Explain your reasoning below

• 2 or less
    • 3 to 5
    • 6 to 8
    • 9 or more

11 minutes ago, avalancha said:

I'll throw my bet in the ring: 2

Think it will be Kerbol and two others, more coming via DLC 

DLC is definitely going to be used for more star systems, hopefully more engines (MOAR BOOSTERS!!!!!!) that just start reaching ludicruous sizes. Size of a damn Mun crater kinda stuff.
Could fit the VAB under one of them kinda stuff. Real Daedalus material man.

There will probably be a modded planet-pack integration system right inside the sky-box, with curation by the devs and a user voting interface.

So.. unlimited modded star systems right in the stock game. New stock star systems.. probably 3-4.

2 besides Kerbolar ... more coming with DLC later. After all they will need an income stream post launch if they plan to support the game long term. ( and I will be very pleased with that )

Edited by DwightLee

I wouldn’t put it out of the question that they release more systems as free updates as well. After all, free updates will exist and a new system is good material for that. Maybe they will release a free system and a few systems in a DLC at the same time. 

I won't vote because I have no actual guess, but I think there will be enough for a fun base game, easy (for modders) modding of new systems, and DLC eventually for "official" added systems.

And I'm totally happy with all 3 of those ideas.

Edited by Superfluous J

I’ve stated in other topics that the original PC gamer article states that we will be getting “multiple” extra star systems which means 3+ total systems, this may be outdated but I still think we will get at least 2 other entirely based on how many planets and moons have been released already.

Edit: clarifications

Edited by Awfulwaffle

Honestly while I can see a planet pack being a easy way to make a DLC for them I have doubts on how well it would sell, the last video was all about how difficult and on another order of magnitude it is to travel from a star to another.

Lately we seem to forget too easily how big the Kerbolar system alone is, there are years worth of gameplay in it. How many of us actually fully explored every planet and moon in KSP? A new solar system to visit is basically a multiplier for the whole game.

I voted for 3-5 with 5 already seeming like too much.

Now that I think about it i certainly hope to have a system to at least discover what kind of planets I will find before departing for a decades long mission only to be unlucky and find the "boring" system. 

Let's say I want to visit Rask and Rusk, binary planets are probably not going to be common and I certainly don't want to only have a 20% chance of getting them when leaving Kerbol for a 40 years long mission.

Edited by Master39

5 hours ago, Awfulwaffle said:

I’ve stated in other topics that the original PC gamer article states that we will be getting “multiple” extra star systems which means 3-5, this may be outdated but I still think we will get at least 2 other entirely based on how many planets and moons have been released already.

You define multiple as 3-5? I have some education for you in the English language.  If they only provided 1 other system, that would be multiple. 

I think 3 to 5 makes the most sense; I'd probably guess 4 if I had to. Figure the end game contains one system to introduce you to the idea of interstellar travel, then another to let you apply the stuff you learned from the first, then a final one that might be considered the big boss.

2 hours ago, DwightLee said:

You define multiple as 3-5? I have some education for you in the English language.  If they only provided 1 other system, that would be multiple. 

As I understand them:
"a couple" (2)< "a few" (3-4)< "multiple" (5+)

I voted 2, but could be 3.  Reasoning - DLCs.  DLCs will add more, but be focused on game play changes - there isn't any point of just having more stock dlc parts or planets if modders can do similar things for naught.

My guess for DLC will end up being yes more systems, but also life support, life spans, alien life, or even a new mode for multiplayer (or multiplayer if it doesn't come isn't vanilla stock).  DLC might also include a stock kopernicus if that isn't included in the vanilla game if there is a DLC that is more planet specific.

I would say the best would be 3-5. Enough to give you choice but not to many. I want to visit a star system with more than one interesting planet. I dont want to have to visit 10 systems to see 1 nice planet and 3 mediocre planets. A dense game is a good game. I really hope there are binary star systems. I would have prefered they added more planets to the stock system too. OPM adds so much to the stock system. The stock kerbal system is meh imo. I wonder if its possible to get from 1 star system to another with chemical rockets and time. I wonder if stars rotate around some core or if they are just stationary relative to each other. Im happy to hear the distances are real. I was afraid it was going to like a hub system. That would have ruined it. I am really curious on how the game performs. It all sounds nice but if it doesnt play well then im not playing it. 

Well best would indeed be 3 to 5, but I am predicting 2 others beside Kerbal, with more coming later in DLC, and I will be quite happy with that, a game that starts out 3 times larger than KSP. I do however agree with  theJesuit that the focus will be tech and systems, the new stars will be part of the perk of the DLC.

Edited by DwightLee

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

"a couple" (2)< "a few" (3-4)< "several" (5+)

"multiple" (1-10)< "many" (11+)

"a handful" 4-9
"a bunch" 5-20
"a slate" 7-25
"a slew" : 9-30
"a myriad" : 15-50
"a boatload" : 20-100
"reams" : 80-1000

1 hour ago, DwightLee said:

Its fun when you get to decide what words mean yourself isnt it? Too bad that isnt how it works.

My favorite is a "squinch" (idiosyncratic new england) meaning, as best I can tell, "a unit of measure thats a little smaller than you think it is." As in "Can you move that a squinch?"

Edited by Pthigrivi

9 hours ago, Master39 said:

Lately we seem to forget too easily how big the Kerbolar system alone is, there are years worth of gameplay in it. How many of us actually fully explored every planet and moon in KSP? A new solar system to visit is basically a multiplier for the whole game.

I've been playing since 2011, I probably have over 5000 hours in this game over the last decade.  I've never been to Moho, Tylo, Vall, Dres, or Eeloo.  I honestly don't even care if they add any extra solar systems.  And I've barely explored outside of Kerbin's SOI.  There's just so much to do already with the building of ships and I have a nasty habit of starting over because I decide I want to add a new mod or have a better idea  of what I want to do in Career.  

2 hours ago, dave1904 said:

I would have prefered they added more planets to the stock system too. OPM adds so much to the stock system. The stock kerbal system is meh imo.

I'm pretty sure they said somewhere that they will not be changing the original system, possibly in the newest dev diary thing.  What I would like to see though would be asteroid fields and tiny little bodies like whats added in the DART mod.

Edited by Jcklemme

4 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

"multiple" (1-10)

Perhaps you'd like to re-evaluate your response :P 

Also, to the original quote that started the debate....

11 hours ago, Awfulwaffle said:

I’ve stated in other topics that the original PC gamer article states that we will be getting “multiple” extra star systems which means 3-5, this may be outdated but I still think we will get at least 2 other entirely based on how many planets and moons have been released already.

multiple extra...

so that should mean no less than 2 systems not including the original Kerbin system (seeing as it says extra systems, not multiple systems) meaning a minimum total of 3.

Edited by mcwaffles2003

4 hours ago, Jcklemme said:

I'm pretty sure they said somewhere that they will not be changing the original system, possibly in the newest dev diary thing.  What I would like to see though would be asteroid fields and tiny little bodies like whats added in the DART mod.

I wouldn’t say this exactly true. The planets all seem to be in the spirit but they’ve been radically overhauled, and it isn’t crazy to think they’ll be overhauling asteroids or adding wispy rings around Jool or giving a few bodies an axial tilt. There’s also some clues that an 8th planet or TNO-like object far past Eeloo might be added. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

8 hours ago, Jcklemme said:

I've been playing since 2011, I probably have over 5000 hours in this game over the last decade.  I've never been to Moho, Tylo, Vall, Dres, or Eeloo.  I honestly don't even care if they add any extra solar systems.  And I've barely explored outside of Kerbin's SOI.  There's just so much to do already with the building of ships and I have a nasty habit of starting over because I decide I want to add a new mod or have a better idea  of what I want to do in Career.  

That's why I said I WOULD have preferred.