SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

Really liking your station acc. What pack did you get the 2.5m truss sections from?

Here's mine, but I'm not happy with the FusTek Truss pieces in that they dominate the thing visually.

2QSxrnzl.png

bq3cG0hl.png

7nJDjcJl.png

ItqzohFl.png

PbGcEeEl.png

My ISS Replica (aka Station III) in Development

http://imgur.com/a/0vo6J

Installed Modules:

- Core Truss (S0, S1, P1)

- [2x] Solar Truss (S3, S4, P3, P4)

- N1 (Node 1, Z1)

- N2 (Node 2)

- N3 (Node 3)

- Laboratory 1 (Destiny Laboratory)

- Habitation Module

- MPLM (Multi-Purpose Logistic Module)

Edited by falken

Hi everyone .

This is my first space station called 'Mothership' in stock mod .

10 Parts so 10 launchs ( more in fact because of some fail launch )

This ship is a more a 'Bubbleship' or 'Gumship' than a Mother-ship . It's just un-flyable .

2014-02-22_00004.jpg?psid=1

Edited by ZLM-Master

96DC6BE545A117D546E59165BC47B1BAD388C31A

Early in Career Mode not many parts available yet, named it Communication Station. I do like realism but also like my work to look sophisticated too so you may see many useless parts in my work I just think it looks neat when there's a bunch to look at.

Gateway Station - This was the first test bed station built with a majority of bulk lunar components. Through the mid 1960's the Farside base and its satelite rover mines established a set of increasingly large mass drivers that were used to launch in-situ products to lunar orbit. The crude but serviceable bulk components and structural elements were accented with small shipments of more advanced parts produced on Terra.

Linkback to Flickr Album - Want to see more? https://www.flickr.com/photos/51298849@N03/13335232815/

Gateway8.png

13335232815_91eb0a1246_b.jpg

The station is composed of ultra-light fabric pressure shells produced on Terra, coated with a layer of sulphur-organic-sealant (aka forumla-S or 'goop') and then laminated with FLAMS (Foil Layered Aerogel-Metal Shielding). Structural elements are lunar alloy steel and sintered tituanium. Power is provided via several molten salt thorium reactors and a prototype solar-PV power satelite sitting in L5. A small amount of emergency power is provided by deployable solar arrays. Many of the systems are intended for use in other ships or stations. The radiators, for example, are designs suited for use on a nuclear ship with a shadow-shield architecture. The reactors on Gateway are fully shielded and do not use the shadow arrangement but these prototypes are effectivly in long term testing while spearate tests for neutron embrittlment are being conducted in chambers adjacent to a reactor.

Gateway is shown circa early 1970, with the configuration recently updated to include greenhouses. Though the primary operation at Gateway is final assembly and construction of modular satelite, ship or station sections the increasing maintenance demands of a growing L2 operation nescessitated a larger station population. In early 1970 the station has a long term life support capacity of 50 but is intended to house upto 300 when life support technology matches the current configuration. Gateway is eventually intended to serve as a massive liner between Earth and Lunar orbits but is more valuable as a technology test bed and L2 base at the moment. The LANTR drive section is only partially fueled and more suited to short burns that stablize it at L2.

Conditions aboard station are fitted for acceleration-deceleration gravity with a cieling-floor-swap and are unusually posh even compared to the permanent habs in the lava-tubes at Farside. This is literally window dressing for the video links and evenutal visit of government or military officials that keep the lunar effort alive. Though it must be kept above top secret, Gateway respresents that best hope of certain officials not having to worry as much about a mistake in the nuclear cold-war. As a driect consquence Gateway is very well armed and already able to detect and defeat hundred of missiles should they ever target a Lunar asset.

XM1970: This is a key station in the history of the XM2070 setting http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67002-Visions-of-2070

Edited by Top8
Spelling

My greatest achievement, not just in ship design but in beauty too. Say hello too, Caliban A.M.R.P.G.B.D. Station (Anti-Matter Reclamation Power Generation and Beaming Dispersion)

A24ABF7366A0E6EE2A7E3F5A5401C3F7EC0EC757

My Mobile station, capable of warping. Christened "The Xephyr." Both stations took about 36 ingame hours in total. Due to the fact of having to constantly remake the ship and trying to get into orbit! Caliban was the MK 12 version and the Xephyr was the 7th model.

D755486571637C4D2640D874FDDA41E38175AA77

Edited by Xephyr

Playing straight and without cheats, just the normal balanced mods, I managed to do my biggest station ever, still need to launch the science labs and some Kerbals (like the ISS, left unmanned until mostly finished to save lives).

Main launch vehicle used was from KW rocketry 2.5m units with radial fuel tanks and Griffon-G8D engine, makes incredibly reliable launch vehicles.

Procedural Fairings to compensate for F.A.R. aerodynamics.

Also have a small reusable Multi Purpose Transfer Vehicle that I manage to land most of the times with Deadly Reentry heat shields, if I dont forget to retract the antennas or run out of electricity for not deploying solar arrays.

Using all enhanced reality mods, DeadlyReentry, FAR, TAC LifeSupport, SCANsat, RemoteTech, to make it worth while.

2cr2bcx.jpg

Until now there's no wobbling, but I'm using joint reinforcement!

Next I'll set up a separate unmanned refueling station for outer Kerbol missions, hope it works.

The Fuel Cube station. No mods just big rockets launched this monstrosity one piece at a time to be constructed in orbit. I was happy to get every docking port attached properly with the help of my little docking adapter tugs.

2014_02_26_00005_by_adryanfugazi-d7c8opo.jpg

If you are wondering how I made this:

building_the_cube_copy_by_adryanfugazi-d7c8u0e.png

Two different style craft for the parts with corners and without (the ones without also had a tug). The final docking procedure took most of the tugs I carried up into space. The station piece in the center of the rocket was launched empty but the 4 outer tanks had enough fuel and propellent to fill the center tank with some to spare and to also deorbit themselves. The main issues I had with the operation were the large RCS tanks (they seem like they are held together with glue and prayers).

I've begun work on a Dual Keel Station similar to that proposed by NASA for its Freedom Space Station.

4109zsv.png

Mine is going to be a major refuelling hub, with several of the largest fuel tanks coming in the ARM update docked around the sides. I've got quite a long way to go yet...

Here's the proposed NASA station:

station-dualkeel.jpg

The impracticality has barely begun:

the_queen_station_copy_by_adryanfugazi-d7cadbb.png

The Ant Queen station. Made with love, not cheats or debug menus. This one only took two launches but I then had to fill it with fuel. I stopped using it because the part count is so high it is like watching a slide show trying to dock with it, and so she sits there... waiting.

Originally I was going to dock large engines on her and use her as an interplanetary vessel to spread her little ones to all the planets of the system.

ant_copy_by_adryanfugazi-d7cafec.png

But now she is just a station and I am waiting for the new parts to make her part count much lower.