SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

There is some pretty amazing stuff in this thread.

I don't tend to build space stations for show anymore or for pleasing looks even though I am impressed with some of the photo shots of some of the stations posted already. This one is of my latest "space station" that is mission bound for the Jool system.

2014-08-11_00004.jpg

From left to right, the SSTO SV-4 lander for carrying down the visitors and bringing them back up. The Ion propulsion pack for long inter-planetary travel. The science package and original control pod (to be upgraded if needed). The science processing lab with extra storage. Then finally the first stage of rocket propulsion to get the station to escape velocity of Kerbin orbit on time. Notice that all these things are attached via docking ports. The landing legs were for a test when the station was first launched (to help pay for the mission), they are not used)

We are currently in a holding orbit waiting on the planets to get in proper alignment.

Edited by Bothersome

Better Pics

Equipped with fission reactor, 8 Jr ports, 12regular and 1 Sr. Port at the back (designed to serve as station and tug on interplanetary journey) Seats 32+1 in the command module. 8 Nuclear rockets & 8 ions. However the propulsion modules are connected via docking ports and allows for modified propulsion packages.

Planning to build a trailing package of science equipment deployable rovers, landers, and sattelites.

U6UEWTt.pngao7DFnI.pngrRvjFXq.png

Edited by Zeon

My basic OKS station in 200km Kerbin orbit. I'm considering slapping some engines on it and taking it to Minmus just to see if I can.

7f2Qzyk.png

EDIT:

I've updated the station and given it a name: the KSC Solitary Horizon

l9PqeDK.png

Edited by JDCollie

Having had a look through this thread, I don't think I am going to impress anyone with my SS, but here it is anyway:

t3bVsRt.jpg

Started off trying to make something similar looking to the ISS, ended up strapping this array of SPs, it was a pain getting it there with FAR enabled though. Took me A LOT of tries.