SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

I am really proud of finally having completed this insane contract... build a spacestation in orbit around Ike... and build the facility into a newly discovered class D asteroid... Sadly, one of the Claws was torn and twisted and is now in a quite unhealthy position, but anyway... here it is:

vBXfYSn.png

I have been deploying small, single-piece, permanently manned stations around the system. To be permanently manned, I require that the station be designed for centrifugal artificial gravity, and have a Snacks greenhouse.

oEFV9nU.png

Minmus Station 2: 40.5t, crew capactity = 9

0hpSoBQ.png

Duna Station 2: 75t, crew capacity = 19

If you want higher frame rates around your 1 gazillion part crafts, and don't mind the game going slower than real time, go to your settings.cfg file and change the value of the Max Physics Delta-Time per Frame beyond what is possible in the in-game Settings. A value of 0.01 usually gives me smooth frame rates around large crafts.

My Mun station, named Tartarus !

2%20-%203TSFjqC.png

1 lab and a total capacity of 10 in orbit around Mun.

Able to recycle water and CO2 (I use TAC Life Support).

The class C asteroid has be been sent there by a remote piloted module you can see on the lower left of the image.

Each module is attached by an autonomous RCS powered claw that provide a dock to the asteroid.

Module have been brought there by the ship you can see on the left of the image

This ship managed to bring back my old Mun lander to the station for refuel and reuse.

I have been deploying small, single-piece, permanently manned stations around the system. To be permanently manned, I require that the station be designed for centrifugal artificial gravity, and have a Snacks greenhouse.

http://i.imgur.com/oEFV9nU.png

Minmus Station 2: 40.5t, crew capactity = 9

http://i.imgur.com/0hpSoBQ.png

Duna Station 2: 75t, crew capacity = 19

That duna station is very elegant.

Not really anything impressive, I'm usually very uncreative when it comes to space stations; just stick everything in a straight line and get it to space, keep it simple, keep it practical. Was just messing around in the VAB and spewed out this, though, I kinda like it.

38243C45836E8E3E3D0ADE483307A440993C279D

C189409E36EF30B42C862DFC91A0DBAAD454080C

It was originally going to be a slightly DS9-inspired thing and then I just went a bit silly :P

I have NO idea how you got that thing into orbit...

Not all that difficult if you abuse struts and the nonexistent stock aerodynamics. I'd probably need multiple launches in FAR.

(assuming you were talking to me. If you meant someone else disregard everything I said :P)

Yeah, I was, I think that is a rather cool station, I just never go for curves on my stations due to the fact that they won't fit in KW Rocketry fairings.

Yeah, the fairings would definitely be a problem. You could probably do it by docking every segment together in orbit manually,if you had the patience for it, but that'd take aaaaages and also bring the partcount up.

Or you could just forget the fairings and launch it all as one piece. There are no problems that can't be solved by adding more power :)

Yeah, the fairings would definitely be a problem. You could probably do it by docking every segment together in orbit manually,if you had the patience for it, but that'd take aaaaages and also bring the partcount up.

Or you could just forget the fairings and launch it all as one piece. There are no problems that can't be solved by adding more power :)

True...save for one problem...more thrust equals more fuel, and more fuel equals more weight and more weight equals more thrust, etc. :wink: