SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

Here are a few screenshots of my orbital shipyard and L2 refueling station. I had over 30 mods installed, including the wielder mod, which is how I managed to create such massive structures. (I still had horrific lag though, but it was still playable.)

HyVYQhS.pngXzmwF68.pngIIH7JQQ.pngUTJsiqz.pngcBwca46.png

20141027_224527_zps34d2b1c5.jpg

This was an earlier pic of my station. I am using it for a refueling point once I'm in orbit. I have a couple of probes connected that can assist in moving my modules into a different configuration if needed.

Here's my Minmus station Fort Mint, also known as Fort Johnson for some reason. It uses parts from Interstellar, KAS, TAC life support, Umbra, B9 and uhh probably something I missed as well. The blueish module has a regular lab and some purely cosmetic inflatable sections, the purple one has an Interstellar research lab and nuclear reactor, the green one has karbonite mining stuff, and the orange one has every possible scientific experiment for getting all the science on the moon.

UrDAcE7.jpg

Here's an image at night with the hopper part replaced with the refuelling ship Candyman after the Hopper explored all the biomes.

pFvrH86.png

Here's my orbital station Kerlab I. The inflatable fuel tanks are so incredibly handy that I can't believe I've never used them before.

nJATJgy.jpg

Last, and probably least, my Duna outpost Fort Rust. It was going to have two inflatable habitats and one greenhouse like the one on Minmus, but I kinda sorta botched the landing more than a dozen times and finally decided this was good enough. The point is to let the crew of my exploration mission spend the 600ish days until their return window on the surface and to get rack up some sweet, sweet science.

TvWWMi2.png

I used to have a space station. Then I went into the tracking station to delete debris and ended up deleting it. ;.;

It was only 3 modules, but they were huge and took forever to assemble. :huh:

This is the reason I keep my "saves" folder in Dropbox, with a symbolic link to the original location. This way I can revert effortlessly to every situation during the last 30 days. Very useful.

Wow this thread makes me feel inadequate. O_O

Anyway, here below is my meager contribution. "Kerbin Station" was built in two phases and I started added onto it today with some tanks. It uses B9 and USI; originally constructed for a career mode contract, I guess I can use it to refuel engine modules for Mun trips and beyond. Hensen Kerman is on a walk to do some routine maintenance and preventative checks. :D

J9OdLQo.jpg

Here's a crew retrieval from a station used to fulfil a couple of contracts in career.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

EDIT: Bonus shots of the bus visiting my Minmus station

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by SufficientAnonymity