SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

VY2KVXb.jpg

Kinda new here, I play science mode due to it being so easy, as well as use mods to keep the game more interesting. This station is just for docking interplanetary novapunch NERVA tugs. I'm planning to expand on it in the future for when I go to duna, then assemble motherships when I'm ready to travel everywhere else.

Hey there, I think my single launch modular station might interest you, even if it is through videos : give it a try, this is short (< 3 min !) and edited !

Ep 1 : launcher

Ep 2 : Assembly in orbit

Ep 3 : Versatility of the whole thing

If you have any feedback, I would be please to read them :)

I see lot of beautiful things here, this last page is a good example and I remember some awesomeness before too !

Here is my super station that was never meant to exist :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The first module was just for science but I forgot to bring it back so later I attached more and more and more things to it.

Now it serves as a science/docking/refueling/housing community/fighter carrier it also has a very large docking skeleton for,

my very large Scorpion cruiser but if they get within viewing distance of each other the game crashes so now it has no purpose.

Soon when I get KAS I can add struts!

also when I get interstellar I will add a Antimatter gathering module.

Edited by Admiral-Helwyr

Hello,

here is my international kerbal space station (click images to enlarge):

otl87zyo.png

u34m5g8k.png

I've only used 99.9% stock parts, the other 0.1% are KAS and robotic arms pack.

And another one, my Skylab II:

cixkzqvb.png

ggkxa9uq.png

And the last one, my smart asteroid base (return vehicle is docked):

3kpm9uki.png

4krxfmwo.png

Edited by Scathalh

I have started using the centrifugal rotation parts from Deep Space Exploration Vessels (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/87070-WIP-0-90-Deep-Space-Exploration-Vessels-0-3-9) to allow rotation of the habitation modules of my permanent stations.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70414588/PS2Kerbin1.mp4

I have found that docking is considerably more challenging - the stations tend to precess some while the hab modules are rotating. Also, since the part motions are accomplished using Infernal Robotics, I have occasional problems with "base creep" that can be a problem with Infernal Robotics parts.

I have started using the centrifugal rotation parts from Deep Space Exploration Vessels (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/87070-WIP-0-90-Deep-Space-Exploration-Vessels-0-3-9) to allow rotation of the habitation modules of my permanent stations.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70414588/PS2Kerbin1.mp4

I have found that docking is considerably more challenging - the stations tend to precess some while the hab modules are rotating. Also, since the part motions are accomplished using Infernal Robotics, I have occasional problems with "base creep" that can be a problem with Infernal Robotics parts.

May take a look at my plugin ;)

Here's my initial station for my modded career playthrough. She's sitting pretty in LKO at 160K equitorial. At the moment she can house 10 Kerbils, but she'll get more added to her in the very near future.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Parts used are from Near Future Tech and Stock-Alike Station parts by Nertea and Lack's STX Solar by Lack's, and I'm probably forgetting something major... I have a metric butt-ton of mods installed...

Here's my initial station for my modded career playthrough. She's sitting pretty in LKO at 160K equitorial. At the moment she can house 10 Kerbils, but she'll get more added to her in the very near future.

http://imgur.com/a/kSEyZ

Parts used are from Near Future Tech and Stock-Alike Station parts by Nertea and Lack's STX Solar by Lack's, and I'm probably forgetting something major... I have a metric butt-ton of mods installed...

You might consider getting the iss community pack for the pms docking ports! It can add an interesting flavor to your station!

My best space station that I came up with so far, it can support up to 14 kerbals, and up to 20 docked ships at the same time (not that I'll have 20 ships docked ever :D )

The thing is, I never got to use it because of its part count which drives me and my PC mad, and then my save file crashed, so this screenshot is all what's left of it...

oDOwLMJ.jpg

kerb-circus!

16393746404_2827155664_c.jpg

16828639310_fa84d281f9_c.jpg

16828391048_463f06023b_c.jpg

some life support goodies, stashed inconspicuously in a nice cargo bay.

i'm gonna work on a dedicated fuel depot next i think. this one's for science!!

love this thread by the way, lots of inspiration in these pages!

17016452652_dc75b95b7f_b.jpg

17016454442_98528f0e4c_b.jpg

Mun station 40 ( that's it's name in the tracking station ) - was intended to be the core of a place to support Mun mining, but I suspect I will just wait for 1.0 & hope Minmus is available in DX11. Built in space at the Kerbin space dockyard & flew to Mun, so pretty much a capable ship as well in current config... also a testbed for NF electrical/solar stuff.

That plane gets *everywhere*, such a publicity hound.

I finally got around to getting Lengas Orbital a bit more built up. It's still WIP, but it's mostly there now:

KIZ9zR6.png

jILRBfk.png

The station currently has 5 crew aboard.

2HVEAMK.png

xKrCSQ3.png

Persistent Rotation also enables me to keep this thing spinning even through timewarp and loading/unloading (the latter much to my surprise), so I don't have to spin it up every time I visit it.

I built a new one with the same ring pieces. I think I have the last launchers I will use for them, but maybe I can figure out a way to pack it a bit more efficiently. Using them as wet workshops really cuts on the amount of tankage to lift them up! And the lite version almost looks like a sane launcher. :rolleyes:

d1oMIpZ.png

3WRF8BK.png

TauTIuo.png

Persistent Rotation also enables me to keep this thing spinning even through timewarp and loading/unloading (the latter much to my surprise), so I don't have to spin it up every time I visit it.

Does that mean that you dock on the long axis, proving how the famous scene from interstellar is quite trivial to pilot in real life?

Rune. Heck, if you start aligned you are spin-stabilized.

Does that mean that you dock on the long axis, proving how the famous scene from Interstellar is quite trivial to pilot in real life?

Rune. Heck, if you start aligned you are spin-stabilized.

Exactly. It's actually a little bit tricky getting a near-perfect alignment, which they probably needed to dock with Endurance at that point (and it's pretty much how that whole situation started, anyway), but you can get close enough for it to not matter in KSP; the docking magnetism takes over.

It's actually really fun to dock two rotating things together, and it looks cool as heck doing it; everyone should give it a whirl.

Get it? Give it a whirl? Anyone? Fine, I'll leave...