SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

So after making Sativa Station I decided to make an all inclusive traveling station. I present Science Station - Keef. Yes it's 1.1 so I'm sharing the whole adventure of getting this thing into orbit. My recording software does not like 1.1 so I had some game crashes along the way. The only mod is Kerbal Engineer. It's features include... Plenty of room for Kerbals, a 2.5m docking port and 6 1.25m docking ports, science lab and instruments, solar panels, batteries, radiators, multiple antennae, and engines. Yes, this station is mobile too. I'm including the How to Station video to show how I make my ring stations.

Craft file: https://kerbalx.com/JollyRogerAerospace/Science-Station---Keef

Edited by greydragon70

6 hours ago, max_creative said:

This is a cool thread! I will try to get a picture after Mizy and Seekin station are online. Two questions: 

1. does anyone have a crew ssto that can make it to a 250 kilometer orbit? 
  2. Is @Just Jim's emiko station here? In my opinion it is the best asteroid station ever!

Just as well I temporarily followed you :) 

1. No idea, but I make a couple easy little ones. SSTOs are bad for crew rotation missions, I wouldn't recommend using them

2. No.

11 hours ago, max_creative said:

This is a cool thread! I will try to get a picture after Mizy and Seekin station are online. Two questions: 

2. Is @Just Jim's emiko station here? In my opinion it is the best asteroid station ever!

Did I hear my name mentioned?

Thanks, but I don't know if Emiko Station is the best... there are some really impressive stations posted on here.

Here's a picture of Emiko, just for the record:

YKmOU5l.jpg

5 hours ago, RA3236 said:

Just as well I temporarily followed you :) 

1. No idea, but I make a couple easy little ones. SSTOs are bad for crew rotation missions, I wouldn't recommend using them

2. No.

1. Why so? Spaceplane SSTO's are nice in the fact they can transport many in a cabin, and glide down for a safe touchdown in a deisred location. Very easy to pick landing area.

2. Above post.

3. *Determination.

12 hours ago, max_creative said:

1. Feel free to download the Moray Delta VI on my craftfile page. Put desired crew cabins into the loading bay, and there you go. Delivers 12 kerbals or more, depending on your payload design - a payload under 10. tons can be delivered into munar orbit. Let me point out, that the craft is flying very stable, but designed for advanced spaceplane pilots, that know how to deal with low TWR SSTO ascent profiles.

6 hours ago, RA3236 said:

What makes you think that? It takes a bit longer, yes, but they are cheap and do the job quite well. Transporting things to or from orbit is done best with a spaceplane, in my opinion and practical experience. 

On 18-4-2016 at 3:42 AM, max_creative said:

1. Yeah, I have a few on Curse, the S2 Athena (max return orbit 250 km), the S6 Axe (400km), both with capacity for four passengers. Also on Curse is the S8 Mastodont, capable of carrying 16 passengers into an 1000km orbit (with fuel for return), or able to put 25 tons of cargo into orbit. In line for uploading on Curse is the S7 Mammoth with 350 km orbit and 10 tons capacity. I do have to update all the craft to 1.1's wheels, which are causing me mayor headaches...

The last of which I'm currently using to assemble a twenty part space station, attached to a C-class Asteroid. Pictures will follow.

4 hours ago, Adelaar said:

1. Yeah, I have a few on Curse, the S2 Athena (max return orbit 250 km), the S6 Axe (400km), both with capacity for four passengers. Also on Curse is the S8 Mastodont, capable of carrying 16 passengers into an 1000km orbit (with fuel for return), or able to put 25 tons of cargo into orbit. In line for uploading on Curse is the S7 Mammoth with 350 km orbit and 10 tons capacity. I do have to update all the craft to 1.1's wheels, which are causing me mayor headaches...

The last of which I'm currently using to assemble a twenty part space station, attached to a C-class Asteroid. Pictures will follow.

Welcome to the forum @Adelaar Just an fyi, not just for you but others also, as a heads up on the new wheels in 1.1. Traction Control has been added and they are adjustable, also Tensile Strength has been added to the Wheels. You may are may not have tried adjusting them but as I said this is just a heads up for those who didn't notice,

Edited by castille7

2 hours ago, Sharkman Briton said:

Post your Space Stations, not your SSTO's. Keep on topic.

I thought it was somewhat on topic because it's what I use to get to and from Kerbin to a space station, and someone asked... but as you requested, the post and picture have been removed..... now kindly remove it from your quote as well.

Edited by Just Jim

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198030888523/screenshots/

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198030888523/screenshots/

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=582537936

That's my 5,000 ton KOGS (Kerbin Orbital Gas Station) built mostly of B9 Aerospace Parts. It was designed to extend the Range of my standard Valkyrie SSTOs from LKO to Minmus and Beyond. 1.0.5 Engine Limitations made it go boom pretty soon though after I tried an Approach with a larger craft.

Edited by TheBlack2007

42 minutes ago, trooperMNG said:

I hope the ISS community pack will resurrect!

Don't worry, Mike has given the ok to have Tristonwilson take over the project.  There is no way we will let it die!  :wink: