SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

Sometimes it's just fun to combine various stations into one really big one!

du2A6Y8.png

That's six of my 3-Arm Station Cores attached to the ring.  645 parts and 535 tons.

Edited by StormKat

14 hours ago, Best_JAxeel said:

All I see is an error ;~;

Vanamonde  Fixed the post for me, THANKS!!  My Station was launched all in one piece (minus the ship docked in the back), with 4 HUGE separately avocado staged lifting legs... MechJeb had zero clue how to fly it, so I got it into orbit manually, and then maneuvered it in to position over the asteroid (previously captured and in orbit) and locked on to it with the grabber... was very disappointing, it mined the asteroid dry in about 2 hours :(.

4 hours ago, Jr6150x said:

What mods are those parts from?

The Bluedog Design Bureau pre-release. The finished update should come this week though, so you may want to wait.

Who has time to make bend angles and figure diameters to make a circular station?

I present to you... the Square Station! For those who simply don't have the time to make a circle.

Side view:

rGP6n8z.png

Top view:

xfVAIZL.png

Craft File: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbe7nnrmvx7q8vl/Ion%20Station.craft?dl=0

Mods: DMagic Orbital Science, but I also have a stock version here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xsndo9qztmo9idb/Ion%20Station%20%28Stock%29.craft?dl=0

Just started playing last month. finally made a station. its a one piece launch for a mostly complete (at least what I can use. playing career mode). Note two can be put together to make a larger station as shown. It meets the requirements for most contracts. Seats nine kerbals has science  lab and generates power. It has enough fuel and engines to get it to the mun and minus. When two together it can reach any where (I think haven't tried yet)station%20side.jpgstation%20end%20shot.jpgstation%20staged.jpg2%20stations%20joined.jpg

Built a polar orbit station, pretty pleased with it. 

1362951f53.png

Which, after that was just about finished, I de-orbited a previous station that wasn't very well planned out.  (Taking the Kerbals off of course) 

e3f51c24fb.png

Edited by RandomUser

This is my Duna space station. It got there in a single launch, but the docked ship was launched separatelly. The docked ship is serves as a fuel tank for other ships to use. Docking the fuel ship was a nightmare.

iss.png

Look familiar?

Built this over the Bank Holiday Monday,
and a little bit of Tuesday after work :wink:

Here is my launch vehicle if anybody is interested...

image.png

Edited by cmd

HI! This is my first time posting images, so I hope it all goes well...

This is Independence Station. Its my LKO research station (obviously) and is supposed to take all of the science from the Mun and Minmus in my career save and process it, making those missions much more efficient science/money wise. Each landing even uses the same lander, which is docked on the end. Two escape pods are docked near the lander in one of the images and a tanker is on the other side. I think the whole thing cost around half a million dollars, including launchers.

It's crewed in the first image, and then was evacuated as the crew was needed for a mission to Duna. I'll be building a station there as well, hopefully I finish the tech tree with that!

Mods: this station only uses DMagic, Mechjeb, and TAC LS, but I have alot of other mods installed...

Edited by Tomcat14
Fixed images

This is Earthshine Station:

yol9FPX.png

It's primarily a science station, but I'm stockpiling Material Kits from recycled space junk there and it may eventually turn into an EPL shipyard. It has a full-time crew of seven (5 scientists and 2 engineers), and can go almost a year without a resupply. It has a small amount of fuel storage as well and can act as a refueling stop for ships in LKO. It's composed of nine modules at present, with at least two more planned for the near future (another storage module and a zoology bay).

Here's a shot of Shuttle YYZ delivering the first storage module:

HxJ2FhV.png

Here you can also see the leftover engines and fuel tanks from the initial module launches before they were disassembled into Material Kits. 

Here's my latest station, the Zebulan Kerman. It is orbiting at an altitude of 800K, has space for 16 Kerbals but currently has a crew of 6. the first few are construction shots the finished shots are towards the end