SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

this station was the first I ever built, Kerbal Internation Space Station I think its name was:

WyqtJJN.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This station below is my most recent station, and its called Doxie Station (with some fuel arriving on scene) :

QOQyrlh.png 

Eos 2 is so far the main return waypoint for my münar and minmusian missions, and used to grind as much science as possible from these satellites. Placed in MKO (600 km), it is ideally placed to minimize the circularization burn for incoming spacecraft. To speed things up, an Eos 1 science craft was soon docked to Eos 2 to allow the use of a second mobile lab. Finally, the Amalthea craft stores significant amounts of fuels for craft unable to reach kerbin on their own. Eos 2 will soon be phased out in favor of the Olympus mission line, to begin with the Mün-bound Selene mission, but holds so much science that it will probably stay in orbit a few more years.

eos2-mko.png

L. to r.: Eos 1 science craft, Eos 2 core, Amalthea supply craft.

The temporary design of the station is well visible in the placement of parachutes on the Eos 1 and 2 modules, as both were designed to be recovered in order to increase cost-effectiveness.

Ok so she isn't your typical looking "space station" but she seats 86 and pulls about 4K delta V with science labs to boot. Maybe shes more than a space station?! Maybe she's just misunderstood! Anyway, isn't she beautiful?

Ms. TK-2   Download her NOW

kytei5d.jpg?1

Edited by Krog34

Here’s my mobile space station/mothership. It’s not much, but I’m proud of it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ak0iqehg58nfbdo/image.png?dl=0

Stats:

Length: approx. 81 m.

Delta V: 5,718m/s and climbing (It’s processing ore)

TWR: 0.12

Mods: OPT Spaceplane parts, DarkSide Technologies, and soon to add KIS/KAS cargo.

ISRU capable, scanning capable, and MPL equipped.

Mass: 550,095 kg

ElectricCharge: 58691 units, MonoPropellant: 5360 units, Ore (capacity): 7200 units, LiquidFuel: 29122/29130, Oxidizer: 23861/23870.

Parts: 1226 currently 

Crew Capacity: 32 (though it currently has a skeleton crew of one while the others gain experience)

Propulsion: 8 Nervs, and 1 OPT Dark Drive.

Frames per second: 3

Hope you guys approve! (I’ll quit rambling now)

EDIT: Oh by the way, this is in my career mode save.

Edited by Mycroft

A simple and functional space station in Career Mode. I've tried to balance between aestheticism and functionality.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/c35vF"><a href="//imgur.com/a/c35vF">Building International Kerbal Kiosk (IKK) - Phase I</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4 hours ago, JYNg said:

A simple and functional space station in Career Mode. I've tried to balance between aestheticism and functionality.

~broken stuff~

Salutations @JYNg and welcome to the forums! I love it when someones first post adds content, so let me help you get it on here properly. The best way to add an imgur image or gallery is to copy the ID at the end of its URL, click the little imgur "i" in the upper right when writing a post and pasting the imgur ID. Hope that helps and I can't wait to see your work!

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus
bloody homonyms

On 1/22/2016 at 5:42 PM, Mittelbau said:

The "Gothic Lolita Propaganda" provides you the most pure gothic and indeed lolita propaganda in Kerbal System from LKO

This is the first module of future station, career, ~45 tons, 180k Keuro.

Reveal hidden contents

7JFsmI4.png

ypu6Q6E.png

68Q72OW.png

dc3O18Y.png

What the hell is a "Gothic Lolita Propaganda"?

Nice station though

Edited by The Optimist

eoGydpK.png?1

An Evian space station I have in career mode named Ascension 01. While there was no Evian landing (yet), it serves as the staging grounds for a future lander. Currently it has 4 kerbals (apparently no engineers. I guess an extra scientist must have snuck on before the engineer could make it for the launch), all of whom have been conducting science and mining from Gilly. Bob Kerman is going to be the lucky Kerbal to plant a flag on Eve and come back and live to tell the tale.

Edited by Der Anfang

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 11:21 PM, Krog34 said:

Ok so she isn't your typical looking "space station" but she seats 86 and pulls about 4K delta V with science labs to boot. Maybe shes more than a space station?! Maybe she's just misunderstood! Anyway, isn't she beautiful?

Ms. TK-2   Download her NOW

kytei5d.jpg?1

this is fantastic.

On 6/27/2016 at 11:05 PM, Der Anfang said:

eoGydpK.png?1

An Evian space station I have in career mode named Ascension 01. While there was no Evian landing (yet), it serves as the staging grounds for a future lander. Currently it has 4 kerbals (apparently no engineers. I guess an extra scientist must have snuck on before the engineer could make it for the launch), all of whom have been conducting science and mining from Gilly. Bob Kerman is going to be the lucky Kerbal to plant a flag on Eve and come back and live to tell the tale.

Does the space station supply bottled water?

a showcase of my space stations.

if you like it check out my video on where i dock the isoctahedron in space

if you want to see a tutorial on how to design these please check out this video

i have not yet made a video about the twirly isoctahedron in the first picture.

both stations are made with entirely stock parts but to get 5x symmetry in the VAB i installed editor extensions redux.

i think i am the first to build something like this, please prove me wrong but it would me nice to get credit for this design.

please share if you like this

for the twirly isoctahedron check out craft file

for the rounded isoctahedron check out this craft file

Edited by sir_frost
added link to craft files

Just started constructing my space station in my career, I named it Salutem station and it has a long way to go before it becomes fully functioning, I also have to unlock large solar panels soon and send up a module with them (currently manned my Richbro and Photrude Kerman) and probably my biggest achievement was docking the science module to the station without mechjeb auto docking.29CFF02AECDDC9250630F7D50A7DDC82174EF489

My stations are purely practical these days, just to glue all the orbital science parts together. I like the parked science return spaceplanes though, perched there like flying dinosaurs or something.

27434556284_df81d56170_b.jpg
27434331973_55f02107a1_b.jpg
27946069682_43308e7c18_b.jpg

That swirly thing is mad, well done sir.

Edited by Van Disaster

On 7/2/2016 at 11:53 AM, AeroAviation said:

Just started constructing my space station in my career, I named it Salutem station and it has a long way to go before it becomes fully functioning, I also have to unlock large solar panels soon and send up a module with them (currently manned my Richbro and Photrude Kerman) and probably my biggest achievement was docking the science module to the station without mechjeb auto docking.29CFF02AECDDC9250630F7D50A7DDC82174EF489

and major work has been done to get the station operational :)

16BF7B38B2E2A1C9E0B19B6A0BA548EC5F2FAF0B

On July 2, 2016 at 3:21 AM, sir_frost said:

a showcase of my space stations.

if you like it check out my video on where i dock the isoctahedron in space

if you want to see a tutorial on how to design these please check out this video

i have not yet made a video about the twirly isoctahedron in the first picture.

both stations are made with entirely stock parts but to get 5x symmetry in the VAB i installed editor extensions redux.

i think i am the first to build something like this, please prove me wrong but it would me nice to get credit for this design.

please share if you like this

for the twirly isoctahedron check out craft file

for the rounded isoctahedron check out this craft file

Very trippy.

very trippy indeed.