SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

On my latest Career save:

Duna Research Station - Tatiana

twI3RjN.jpg

Eve Research Station - Kerwise

StcnA6j.jpg

And lastly, DawnBreaker, which I may yet add more modules onto before sending it off on a mission.  (Only carries about 3,500m/s of dv currently.... not quite enough!)

cjROjZQ.jpg

Edit: And, for fun, and mainly because it still makes me laugh a little, Hobo Station (0.90 era or so):

IWZiKg9.jpg

Edited by Slam_Jones

This Space Station Houses 140 Kerbals and all the science equipment I could find.

I replaced the 4 lower fuel Tanks with full tanks.It orbits Mun and will be leaving for Duna Shortly

screenshot824.png

screenshot803.png

screenshot804.png

I Had a lot of fun building this

After Modified tank /Engine/ generator arrivedscreenshot746.png

so did we at Duna

Edited by Jammer-TD
updating story line

2 hours ago, Jammer-TD said:

This Space Station Houses 140 Kerbals and all the science equipment I could find.

I replaced the 4 lower fuel Tanks with full tanks.It orbits Mun and will be leaving for Duna Shortly

I Had a lot of fun building this

Wow, big! How many parts? Is this even playable?

1534 with the rocket's,oh yes it is playable and I have added a multiple Docking girder to it and replaced the 4 tanks at the bottom with full tanks Jeb is on board..I Have Shared it on kerbalx.com

screenshot517.png

you can view many other creations at that site. http://www.teamdemonic.com/photo/KSP/

Edited by Jammer-TD
modified my url for gallary type viewing

2 hours ago, Kerbital said:

This station is the largest vessel I've built so far, yet, has fewer than 150 parts. Although the Near Future trusses cause FPS loss, I think, but it's still playable even with several ships docked. I used the cheat to get it to the orbit.screenshot75.png

That has a pretty cool looking "near future ISS" feel to it. Have you thought about trying to assemble it in orbit in multiple modules?

1 minute ago, AWESOMEPIEMAN said:

That has a pretty cool looking "near future ISS" feel to it. Have you thought about trying to assemble it in orbit in multiple modules?

Thanks:) This is my current station for launching Mun missions. The bottom arm, which is not visible has ore tanks and a processing unit for refueling.

I don't have that kind of time to fly all parts to the orbit, it's somewhat tedious. It's definitely doable and the struts in the middle don't seem necessary. A hub and six straight arms, definitely doable.

13 minutes ago, Kerbital said:

Thanks:) This is my current station for launching Mun missions. The bottom arm, which is not visible has ore tanks and a processing unit for refueling.

I don't have that kind of time to fly all parts to the orbit, it's somewhat tedious. It's definitely doable and the struts in the middle don't seem necessary. A hub and six straight arms, definitely doable.

Awesome! You have inspired me to create my own space station to post on here!

Minmus research and refueling outpost. It was my second attempt at a station that's sitting there since 0.92 or so, now upgraded with a relay antenna and other stuff. Docked to it is a dedicated TLMP (Tug/Lander/Mining Platform) - which is actually bigger and carries more fuel than the hopelessly obsolete (and slightly bugged after all the updates) main structure.

5UBvHDJ.jpg

Edited by Haruspex

S.T.A.R. O.F. T.H.E. M.A.G.I  THE DOES EVERYTHING IN Kerbal Space Program, stock part SPACE CRAFT!!! It can be assembled into many different configurations to do pretty much everything you can think of. Think of it like Voltron. It is able to traverse the entire solar system in the game without ever requiring to return to its origin. Minus the 3 stage Eve space plane it is %100 reusable, can submerge underwater, drive across all terrain, uses and transports all science tools, fly, and can go to every planet in the Kerbal system and back to Kerbal in one trip (takes approx. 50 years) the space craft has three ejection pods for each vehicle including the artificial gravity orbiter. The ship even has two missiles! MURICA!  The original acronym/name for it was P.R.A.G.M.A.T.I.C. S.C.A.B.S. which sounded like a company that had all its workers go on strike to only then hire foreigners... it was a terrible name and would be a terrible reason to hire astronauts in such a way lol. I wanted something poetic. Since the ship aerobrakes and would appear like a star crossing the heavens I came up with Star of the magi which to me sounds way better. Plus the name goes with my flag which has a cross and also matches the name of my space agency.  This ship is massive it uses class D and C asteroids and at full mass weighs around 800 tons when attached to an asteroid. The ship also carries multiple relay satalight and can set up a communication network able to access the entire solar system to kerbal.  the main lander is actually a vtol that functions a lot like a drag race car to achieve orbit. It is assembled with a large ssto vtol (aka a heavy lander) and that craft can be used as well during a voyage to the outer planets. The ship can go to the outer planets first or the inner planets first. The whole ship can safely house 9 kerbalnauts (ejection pods are designed for a max crew of 9) and unsafely house 33 kerbalnauts (I can fit that many on board)Three Kerbalnauts can be landed on ever planetary surface and taken back to the ship. Eve 3 stage space plane, areobraking, fully assembled vehicle, heavy lander / assembly lifter, lander on Kraken

Edited by jjuwles
To add more detail to discription.

Here are a few photos of my new and old stations.  They can be placed into Kerbin orbit with ease.  But to get them to the Mun I had to do a few trips to refuel it before sending it to the Mun.  

http://imgur.com/Yc3t035  My old Station later decommissioned as new parts where made available.  (And just wanted to make a newer and better one).

http://imgur.com/aqYnc4B  My new Space station in orbit with My new taxi service.

http://imgur.com/k55EQtl   My 20 seat taxi awaiting lift off to transfer kerbols from kerbin space station to the mun station.

(My first attempt at putting photos up still not sure how to get the actual photo up, suggestions will be excepted on doing so rather than just the links).

39 minutes ago, tjwicks said:

(My first attempt at putting photos up still not sure how to get the actual photo up

Once you have the image uploaded to Imgur, right click on the image and click "Open image in new tab". Then, copy the url of that new tab and paste it into the forums, and your image will automatically embed.

My first try of a station in foreground. A "simple" Kerbal-Relay

Lwr8T4q.png

The second station in background was an external lauchpad try.

IMXLvWw.png

My most recent space-station alike is a space-truck, which will heading duna soon.

Docking was OK, but also caused several explosion.... F5, my friend

gdSb1ZR.png

NHbTPgM.png

13 hours ago, DerekL1963 said:

What mod are those from?

The white-ish centre part of the station and Gemini capsule are from FASA, the docking ports as well as the forward set of solar panels from RaiderNick's Salyut and Soyuz mods (dunno which). Most of the other stuff is made from procedural parts and fairings.