SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

2 small redundant modules were launched by Saturn I's into LKO and docked to form the first space station: Archimedes Orbital Station

2 docking ports on aft and starboard ends for crew with airlocks above the docking ports to provide easy EVA access. A middle docking port was tucked into a 1.875m cargo bay for resupply craft.

N0yvG2l.png

ebCdIJQ.png

Here's my "Safe(ish) Space Station"!

mN374aU.png

It's nothing special, but each module has a crew return vehicle that has enough delta-V capacity to get back to Kerbin from the Mun or Minmus (as the design gets used for more distant orbital laboratories).

Except for the occupants of the cupola wing -- they'll have to hustle across the central node in the event of an emergency...

1 hour ago, SecantSystems said:

Here's my "Safe(ish) Space Station"!

mN374aU.png

It's nothing special, but each module has a crew return vehicle that has enough delta-V capacity to get back to Kerbin from the Mun or Minmus (as the design gets used for more distant orbital laboratories).

Except for the occupants of the cupola wing -- they'll have to hustle across the central node in the event of an emergency...

nice!

certainly better than my little single launch one from a couple pages ago

Edited by CrazyCanuck

Wl3yWgK.png

Besstrashnyy. Metkosmos' (the Metarian civilian space agency) first station. What you're looking at is only the core module of the station. It'll grow in a rather haphazard way.

WFovwnt.png

EDIT: Besstrashnyy with Kulak 8 docked.

FvuFwF5.png

I know it's not actually a space station, just two craft docked together, but I wanted to share it. This is the Half Mun orbiter Dauntless docked to the Kayleigh - I space telescope during K-I Servicing Mission 2.

xhsXyVY.png

This is Munar Surface Operations Control. It does what it says on the tin. The spacecraft docked at the end is Blue Anchor - Firedance XII.

NBU8nFW.png

Ikibs2K.png

OrbLab 1A. The Kenairian Space Agency's first space station. It was expanded as needed, and very little actual planning went into it. The result? This beautiful mess.

qkevhxg.png

Kerbin outbound. Well, the core of it. It's going to end up with a huge, 35m long, 5m wide fuel tank on the bottom.

AixFRHW.png

EDIT: It looks so much better with ORV-1 moved to a different port and its solar array attached.

oJ7fI5W.png

And finally, OrbLab 2, the (supposed) successor of OrbLab 1A, that's honestly nowhere near as capable. Seen here with the KSS Courageous and the Eleanor - V resupply vehicle docked.

Edited by NotAgain
Missing spaces. And other Sp&G

On 3/31/2017 at 8:22 AM, NotAgain said:

I know it's not actually a space station, just two craft docked together, but I wanted to share it.

Don't sell yourself short -- that's how every real space station ever got started!  (Salyut + Soyuz, Skylab + Apollo, Mir + Soyuz, Zarya + Unity, Tiangong + Shenzhou...)

weu2eps.jpg

eriH5jz.jpg

niG4IPD.jpg

Colony ship/station

Designed to colonize distant planets and moons, upon arrival this station can start building base modules to be sent down to the surface.

Carries ~43k rocket parts and has 11k dV fully stocked at just over 400t.

Meant to be accompanied by a refinery ship and a tug or two carrying structural and fuel modules that will all fit together  to make a large station (these are still in the design phase...).

Once a surface base has been established and rocket parts start making their way up to the station you can simply build a new station, undock the ships and send them over to the next planet and start the process over

Tug is on its way with refinery ship and some structural parts

wUwwkz6.png

Edited by degenerate

Finished my Low Kerbin Orbit research station, derived mostly from Tantares parts and a little USI thrown in. this is Prospero Station:

1YLiwl2.png

r01Hv2k.png

sFNTuHy.png

It came together over five launches, three main block, an crew launch with docking adapter and a final cargo launch which brought up the solar arrays and trusses for Bill to fight on EVA.

Bob is supporting Bill as the first crew on rotation after Val and Jeb returned to Kerbin This a rare situation where the station currently has no return vehicle. One is on the pad ready to depart to bring Jeb back up.

aQGfy6T.png

So right now, I've got the SSTO berthed (on top), 2 fuel tankers with those great looking (high part count) inflatable tanks (replace when I unlock Mk. III fuselage), the Heisenberg Nuklear Tug below, and half of the Bohr Munar Bus (passenger trailer / aka "Short Bus") on the left.
Neat animation of launching the MKS Akademy module along with a truss with attached de-orbit pods.

Here's more detail on the construction.

Edit:  It's getting kind of crowded.  Got 2 tankers docked, 2 nuklear tugs, 1 RCS tug, 1 SSTO, and a new Space Station en route to Mun (picking up personnel).
U2oz3Q6.png

Edit 5-5-17:  Call it a Kraken attack, or maybe it was Valentine's Day on Kerbin...

Edited by Soda Popinski

Here is my new space station. It consists of 4 Habitation module in which one can stay 12 Kerbals (Total 48 Kerbals), a Radio Tower, a Science module, an Ore module which has 1500 Units of Ore and 2 Giant Fuel Modules which has 15840 Units of Oxidizer and 12960 Units of Liquid Fuel. 6 Flights were needed for the assembly of this station taking me in total around 5-6 hours to make this station. Also, the name of the station is A.S.S which stands for Antonis' Space Station (Antonis is my real-life name). 

[KSP 1.2.1 Career Save] As part of career save DDRocketsInc has been launching stations under contract so far to Kerbin, Mun and Minmus. All 3 examples below are 'generation 1' using @RoverDudes life support mod adds some great realism because you have to launch supplies regularly. By biome hoping on the moons over time the 3 stations produce an impressive amount of science points as well.

Kerbin Orbital Science Laboratory (KOSL I)

nOoQjca.png

Zgn69Eg.png

Mun Orbital Science Laboratory (MOSL I)

4uNj81w.png

z20rrN4.png

Minmus Orbital Science Laboratory (MiOSL I)

Lguh19R.png

Z7d4doa.png

These 3 orbital stations have been in orbit for 3 years. The crew habitats and associated utilities have been upgraded but soon a new generation will be required to accept mining modules and to be sent to Duna. The DDRocketsInc engineer's are designing generation 2 in the VAB waiting for data to come back from the probes on their way to the red planet now.

8onViZP.png

DLAXD0J.png

Just re-entered this one since a couple of the tanks will be depreciated soon and didn't want it to simply get deleted.  I'm going to rebuild with parts that are sticking around.  Mostly uses Bison parts from Wild Blue's Heisenberg set, a few MOLE tanks and engine mounts, and Mk2 Expansion parts for the front side-affixed observation pods.