SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

I finally have something new to post here. Sadly this has to happen in Sandbox as I messed up my Science game. In part an anniversary celebration for a Twitch streamer but firstly a stepping stone for colonization of the moon that it's orbiting. It's built on Mk2 Expansion and supported by Near Future Tech and Airline Kuisine, and has a few supporting vehicles: A conic lander with KIS containers and Procedural Parts; an emergency return spaceplane; a pair of polar relay probes to deal with comms blackouts.

A large SSTO will occasionally visit for crew rotation and to top up the LS.

kfUEUHJ.jpg

Second screenshot is a better dorsal view but before the station's transfer stage was shed.

IvOpqQQ.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I'm not sure if this really counts as a 'space station', but it is technically in space. I've built an asteroid base. It orbits around Minmus. and I've got a 'tower' consisting of a cupola module and the MPL-LG-2'. From that 'tower' I've got four 'bridges' with Clamp-O-Tron Juniors sticking out, so I can put another module on another asteroid, try to steer the asteroid close to the other module, and the 'bridges' on both of them should connect so I can link the asteroids together. I'm also working on a little tube design thing using the structural panels that extend all the way to Minmus so I can transport Kerbals through it,  but haven't worked out how yet without running out of EVA fuel. But hey, 'at least it went better than last time!'

After messing around with part clippings and browsing the forums I got bored and decided to make a stock space station in 1.2.9 for no apparent reason. The station comes with 2 habitation modules (clipped inside the main hub) and a science module (also clipped inside a module) and comes with 2 large solar panels, just in case Jeb smuggled cigars and set the whole station on fire one lucky kerbal (probably Jeb) will get inside the emergency lifeboat and deorbit safely while the rest get burned into a crisp.

(Below) The emergency lifeboat in action. (Above) The space station.

Edited by The Moose In Your House
Adding on,and fixing typos

I had to scratch my previous orbital shipyard above Minmus due to extreme instability, so I downloaded the B9 HX parts pack and got to work again.
I give you, the Minmus Dirtyworkz! (anyone who's a fan of hardstyle music will hopefully get the reference)

It's a behemoth at 3262 tons fully loaded, with features like:
- 291k rocketparts (you'd have a hard time finding a craft this sucker cant build)
- 180/148k units of Lf/O, it can send any built ship away with full tanks and still have loads of fuel left to refuel other ships.
- 25k units of monoprop, only meant to refuel other ships.
- 2 helluva strong reaction wheels take care of all bending, twisting and rolling, using RCS thrusters would be incredibly inefficient.
- 1 nuclear reactor capable of putting out 3000ec/s, although it's standard setting is at 60ec/s, giving it a core life of 250 years!
- 4 Sr docking ports, 4 reg docking ports, 4 jr docking ports.
- Roughly 2,7k dV fully loaded, giving it the ability to leave Minmus and head back to Kerbin if needed.
- And last but defnitely not least, a MobileVAB stocked with 12 engineers, ensuring a high effeciency for building crafts which spawn up front at the OrbitalPad.

It's purpose is to orbit Minmus at 16km altitude, pumping out whatever crafts the kerbal government can think of, they opted for an orbit around Minmus because of it's very low gravity, sending up more rocketparts and fuel from the surface is a lot more cost efficient than resupplying stations around Kerbin.

wwifDb0.png

Spoiler

PsdtiRo.png

up00Uj9.png

BsPLZ6Y.png

Edited by degenerate

Here's my wonderous "Kerbin Komet Observatory", based on the Super Mario galaxy series.....  The Lumas will be very proud....
SkzkqtV.png

Yep, it has a star core at the center.....
zp44yJa.png

It has lots of habitat modules can support all your astronauts needed, has some science modules, and some docking ports......
jOCCdYj.png

It's even has the mission screen just like the original one....
P2vQUNp.png

Edited by Violet_Wyvern

Playing in my quite heavily moded GPP career, I finished the preliminary assembly of a refueling and research space station around Ceti.

Still to be added:

• A nuclear reactor
  • More fuel storage
  • Metal and rocket part storage, second science lab for rocket part printing, to have a fully functional Simple Construction ship yard.

Presenting the Leonard Euler station around Laythe

ui0M0DY.png

Shipped out in 3 sections, it's a little over 400 tons, has a crew capacity of 115, and life support to last 20 years (and can be easily topped up).  Has docking ports for pretty much every class of vessel - including planes to go to the surface of Laythe.

Here is my latest pretty boy, going up-up-up in one launch :)  Features a bunch of docking ports, different kind of engines for maneuvers, plenty of space for kerbals and science. Nukes give it so much delta-v it should be able to go pretty much anywhere once refuelled. Also carries extra fuel for different kind of probes that may use this as a tanker.

My first official station, the KerbStat One. Built in career mode and been giving me science reliably for over 4 in game years. Been at this game for a while now (1310 hrs on Steam alone) and just now getting to building Stations. Still a work in progress, though I am currently building and designing a new and improved Station for Kerbin orbit

Edited by Mr. Feather34
Added more info

I have had a great station. I miss it.;.;

The "Computer Problems" were Windows refusing to start and haveing to replace the whole computer!:mad:

(Don't worry, everything's fixed now.)

Edited by DeltaDizzy

jreMBli.png

Ladies and gentlekerbs, may I present to you... the SpacePork One.

Now seriously, compared to the other amazing stations in this thread this 200 part station is nothing. Its my newest (the first module at the far left is 3 or 4 years old) LKO station, which I currently use as port to top off the supplies and transfer crew into my Mun/Minmus transfer ship at the back. It has enough greenhouses to support 6 Kerbals on orbit as long as there's enough fertilizer.

The station grew organically, I sent the first two modules up for station contracts. Then I decided to establish a LKO - Mun/Minmus mining rigs ferry for up to 5 Kerbals so I can do tourist contracts easier and generally save some cash on crewed Mun/Minmus missions. That's when I added the ship at the back. Later I realized that I need greenhouses and supplies to feed the Kerbals for the time they're on the station, that's when I added the greenhouse truss at the front.

The spaceplane at the right is my current cheap 6 Kerbal LKO ferry. Only thing needed to say about it: it flies like a brick, but it gets the job done.

[Work In Progress] The yet unfinished Valhalla Space Station in low orbit around Mün.

xs3r49f.jpg

QI4Vrra.jpg

I present to you, the nowhere nearly finished, 512 part, 329 ton space station:

The Valhalla

This space station was originally only supposed to be the single wheel with a couple of solar panels, but then i just kept going from there. Now the station features livingspace for 65 kerbals, a total of 19440 units of liquid fuel and 23760 units of Oxidizer in the central tank, four 2.5 dockingports for large crafts to dock and refuel, and plenty of space for expansion, and expand it will. In the near future i am going to add a second larger habitationwheel, plenty of new science modules on the 4way end section and i am also going to replace the current solar array section, with a larger and more sturdy one.

Here's the current configuration of the Curie Orbital Akademy and Gas Station.  I posted it before, but that was prior to installing Scatter/SVE/etc.  I've also docked a different SSTO (same class) onto the far end, instead of the somewhat crowded mid-station docking area.  Been emptying the fuel bags on various missions, so the station looks quite different.  Mostly, it's a nice angle.

P6mshyl.png
Those heat-shields on the MKS Akademy Module are also new, and are 4 copies of my nifty re-entry kits, you can see here:

Spoiler

I've recently unlocked Gigantors, and will add a Solar Array with more Radiators to help with the heat when I need to run the nuklear reactor (future planning for on-orbit manufacturing).

Ok,

well currently is a asteroid base, but originaly it was small space station, but now its medium sized asteroid base with 99.9% stock parts only mechjeb is unstock. its orbiting around kerbin at around 249km

Specifications:

-Crew capacity: 97

-Weight: 1840.650tons

-Part count: 1678

-Labs: it has 3 big ones

-Escape pods: it has two stored in hangars

Spoiler

Posnetek_zaslona_3.png

If you have a question just ask.