SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

Haven't seen much RSS/RO stations here, so here you go;

This is Space station Alpha, because it's the first of his kind in my current RP-0 install.
wsgBM3b.png?3

The first part that was placed in orbit was the spacela, short after that, the habitable module docked with it. 
0zLVNQy.png

A few days later, a shuttle assambled the airlock to the very young station and provided it's first crew for 30 days. This was also the shuttle's first flight.
5O9e49E.png

Spoiler

6FH7Wng.png

Later on a new MK-1 module with 2 crew members entered the station to receive the last module, an science module with all the early, eh, hightech science you need in the 70's. 
bPeVDad.png

Edited by DrLicor

Two RSS Stations I've been working on:

lHAFqZM.png
Space Station: Earth, in its current configuration after four launches.

IJsqgKP.png
The (Future) Space Station: Mars with attached Transfer Tug.  Currently has enough dv to reach a stable Mars orbit, but since the transfer window is nearly a year away, we will likely add additional modules before sending it off.

On 06/11/2017 at 9:04 AM, DrLicor said:

Haven't seen much RSS/RO stations here, so here you go;

This is Space station Alpha, because it's the first of his kind in my current RP-0 install.
wsgBM3b.png?3

The first part that was placed in orbit was the spacela, short after that, the habitable module docked with it. 
0zLVNQy.png

A few days later, a shuttle assambled the airlock to the very young station and provided it's first crew for 30 days. This was also the shuttle's first flight.
5O9e49E.png

Reveal hidden contents

6FH7Wng.png

Later on a new MK-1 module with 2 crew members entered the station to receive the last module, an science module with all the early, eh, hightech science you need in the 70's. 
bPeVDad.png

I love it! Do you play in 1.1.3 or in 1.2.2?

The shuttle is awesome!

6 hours ago, NSEP said:

I love it! Do you play in 1.1.3 or in 1.2.2?

The shuttle is awesome!

Thankss. I did play this in 1.2.2. however, my hard drive crashed past week, I do have a new one and a SSd too, but all the progress is lost for now. 
I'm trying to recover some of it, so there's still hope. Would be a pity if all those hours and designs where lost haha

10 hours ago, tater said:

Wow, part of the reason I use it is my ancient computer I usually play on.

Ok well actually now it doesn't crash my game but I'm now having glitches... connection nodes disappearing when I try to put  the SSTU parts together and right-clicking the parts can cause my game to freeze... 

I'm looking for suggestions with this. It started with just tossing mostly some station science parts into orbit so I could run through those experiments, but with the intention of eventually detaching and deorbiting those parts as I don't like the appearance much (just my taste, no criticism intended) and building mostly around SSTU parts.

Intent is fuel station and eventually EL building of some pretty big things. And almost certain I'm going to add one of the SSTU radial spinning habs, and mostly use SSTU DOS-series station parts.

I know I could page back and see a hundred good designs, but that's more than I want to know if that makes sense. Some basic suggestions leaves most of the design up to me.

This is the part I intend to keep, going off-screen right will disappear, except that the Morgenrot reentry pod in the middle will go. I spiffied-up the station science cyclotron and it's big enough to not be overwhelmed by the solar wing, so I'm keeping it. Below it is a 5m rosette baseplate with 8 x 1.25m nodes and one 2.5m on the bottom. Just above that are 8 of my little AES escape pods that are radially attached around the bottom of the cyclotron. On the bottom is a 2.5m monoprop tank and four LFO tanks, the other four spots taken by station science experiments that will be decoupled and reentered as they are completed, leaving that section with about 5k MP and LFO storage each. I assume I'll need more including LH2 and rocketparts/metal/scrap metal.

3d5qpQJh.png

It's 0.875t, 300Dv with everything, SSTU core and EC and reaction wheels and procedural tanks and heatshield and two stock radial drogue chutes, but it could land safely with just one. And a few unnecessary antennas and lights just for coolness factor.  I like how tiny they are and this is a case where the parts work together to look like a coherent design. Only trick is you have to do a control from here on one of the parts aligned with the correct axis, the AES pod is turned 90 degrees from the direction it expects to go.

jVGV7qX.png

Looking the other way, you can see the fuel tanks and below that an octogirder node with construction ports so I can go any direction from there.

nkNw57Lh.png

And on the end we have an SSTU DOS lab with a six-way node, the reentry pod is temporary. Again several unnecessary antennas and things just to add more detail.

ENfRwUvh.png

Any suggestions appreciated :)

Here we'll change that to what do ya'll think of this design? EL building slip at end, lots of large- and small-ship docking space, refueling for LFO, MP, LH2/LOX, and Lithium, enough storage for rocketparts to build a battlecruiser, and enough living space for the whole kit, kaboodle, and kaboose of my space program. This is just general layout, lots of accouterments needed still for the provisional parts and then have to start figuring out how to break it into launches, focusing on getting EL/rocketparts so I could build the rest in situ.

RfNeplO.png

My first big(ish) station of my 1.3 career game: Spacelab. It's actually two older stations docked together on a newly-launched central core. It has four berths and lifeboats for six. It is likely to be expanded again soon.

Also on the cards are an expansion of the small research and refuelling outpost at Minmus (aka 'the Gas 'n' Go') and the construction of a station around the Mun and a much larger, multi-purpose station in synchronous orbit above the KSC.

9CCB1938B1094D53FCCC457C946A961202064ABF

Edited by Inverurie Jones

Forgot to post this here, put it over in SSTU. Requires 29k rocketparts, hence the giant SSTU tank attached, that I intend to keep, why not, that's why it has all the solar and lights and various acoutrements, some required, some just for appearance's sake. About 2/3 done with some modification from the original design above.

Above was yesterday, since then dropped off the station science parts and added the next section, only about 30t this time, not like the 140t rocketparts monster on the last launch. Next launch will add the EL orbital building dock and I'll build the rest in orbit and just run rocketparts up as required. Then maybe I'll figure out how to attach a bunch of engines and fly the whole thing to Tellumo.

As you see it has a second solar wing now which makes it much more balanced, plus this launch also included a S.A.F.E.R. reactor, and with 75k EC and climbing I'm pretty sure we're good for power.

bFQFtZR.png

Here is the construction steps of my "Manchu Station" a large space station in low Kerbin orbit.

First the central part with large liquid fuel tanks, the engine returned back to Kerbin. The next parts were more large tanks bring together in one rocket, they also came with the a tug boat for large parts

y4mKY81U_f0uaIkU_0phrJQTj8cDFCoEzw8Sq5nuy4mDmQKPnuwCiUMwF9ne03o00r_974FD9Fo0FjIT

I need more big tanks ! At this step there is no room for kerbals, the station is fully automatic.

y4mmkeWph6JyPHsrIoeoOagOIdCXJIJv69wXghvty4ma-Hu9yRgl5JrVXopAGuh0G5n9xbQS7DqH54zY

So it's time to bring room for more peoples with the laboratory. Quickly followed by the arms of the habitat ring.

y4mQkNxUO7M5lCWtZuHSukCYWWQ6ADY3Q6E2pSc-y4mSOa8rj-wEjzl-qLCGMs-8Bb-_g4Mn367eFP6y

That station starts to look nice. But I need more room ! The ring launch has been quite stressful...

y4mX9HL0MjnGJ1F2ndtSymOfe8uAK3hOVwdUEMtky4mc2CCVDP0BvF86gA5kptb8UqmYKOoHa0wXJpoB

Ring assembly with small tug boat.

y4mRECoFPEIGKrP2PYzNaUCOo6nwP0ZZ4R7aWXhgy4meY6rsDrOOg5W3BCzdwKHBX2GKyZD-i-bsJNl6

Since the station is not big enough and lack power I added more arms to receive the solar arrays. Unfortunately these arrays did not survive the stress of space and were destroyed...

y4m3XckyEmjfYN1G-jdmVT_mRNVkIH4j2Xp5xI89y4mIPS7_ZVbDiCk2pUMFuaVjD7vZL7Yw4hF15Tp5

A new stronger design has been made and launch ! New circular solar arrays are now powering the station.

y4muOHPKeWQeie7KnUtwm2w_AgbwafK_VAP4zRnuy4m4znMKVJwMqQPwp7PQUJrdMvu6Dxonzyqpl6tw

The final parts of the station coming in a rocket SSTO, the station also have a supply ship with ore coming from Minmus. Communication arrays are the last parts added to the station.

y4mXzN8nf6UhzYkRAjGVyHI0fZ2bM6ha1lcffObW

The final view of my station, you can notice that the supply ship left to return to Minmus.

y4m3V1zttr8OhJTNElhV5zq2VXomWnon1VC8jpQb  y4mrqiGnnSSkt_82H9hM62wJxMZOycqlE5vr0qEz

This station will for fuel supply during the preparation of large Duna mission with space station, mobile base, rovers....

Edited by Urus28
space between pictures.

Having posted that, I was annoyed that I didn't check on the actual tanks of the real lockmart proposal, so I redid the station, cheated it to Duna, then transferred the crew and deorbited the old station core.

GXgSenN.png

Although still due to get another hab piece, with the arrival of the second LH2 tank and the opening of Jeb's restaurant, the station has been designated as fully operational with 25k rocketparts, 210k LH2, 6k LF, 20k Oxidizer, 22k Lithium and 25k MP. Valentina cried at the ribbon-cutting ceremony and then punched Jeb for laughing.

TZLbE5D.png

4i4oz9P.png

KGJu5rF.png

• 2 weeks later...