SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

4 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

Two stations for your enjoyment.  Here's Eta station, which is actually currently around Thalia in high orbit:

cyIvRsE.png

Has two large craft docked to it, an interplanetary crew transport and a Karborundum miner which lands on Thalia.

You never come short in your designs, dude. :) And you always supply motivation for me to find something to do with Thalia. As Karborundum no longer personally interests me, it's as hard as can be to settle on something.

Meanwhile, I slug about with my Gauss station hibernating in high orbit of Loki. Codenamed Hermes it's indeed a messenger of the gods. Fueled by FusionPellets and Water it had dV for days, and made a 6 year trip in just over one year. It brought with it a spaceplane for those two moons which have atmosphere, two landers for Loki, the airless moon, two probes and a mobile base. This Hermes can be reconfigured to run on LqdHydrogen and can then refuel while hanging low at Catullus or any gas giant (see the big "intake" device between the landers, it's an exo scoop)...but I'm sticking with the hard way and trying to build up a re-supply of FusionPellets and Water.

FYRu8Tp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally decided to create an account here to show you a few of the space stations I build this month. In most cases I only went for design instead of functionality, I already had plenty of "practical" space stations.

All pure stock, the only mods I have are Vessel mover and EVE

So here goes:

Citadel: 804 parts (didn't build a lifter)

bTSwCWJ.jpg

Observatory: 245 parts (reusable lifter)

FDfdAaf.jpg

Helix: 317 parts (reusable lifter)

ECP3oro.jpg

Orion: 262 parts (reusable lifter)

Bjg7Fw5.jpg

As I was testing the lifter for the Orion station I figured it could look really good combined with the Citadel station, so just for fun I combined Citadel with 4x the Orion station, the result was a massive 1747 part city in space!

3FTAXox.jpg

18 minutes ago, Torn4dO said:

So I finally decided to create an account here to show you a few of the space stations I build this month. In most cases I only went for design instead of functionality, I already had plenty of "practical" space stations.

So here goes:

Its always wonderful to see a new member with awesome things to post. Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 8:32 AM, Torn4dO said:

So here goes:

bTSwCWJ.jpg

Observatory: 245 parts (reusable lifter)

FDfdAaf.jpg

Helix: 317 parts (reusable lifter)

ECP3oro.jpg

Orion: 262 parts (reusable lifter)

Bjg7Fw5.jpg

As I was testing the lifter for the Orion station I figured it could look really good combined with the Citadel station, so just for fun I combined Citadel with 4x the Orion station, the result was a massive 1747 part city in space!

3FTAXox.jpg

Nice space stations :cool: I would definitely get 5 SPF (seconds per frame) with those.

Hope you stick around!!!! 

almost having second thoughts about posting my station in progress here after seeing what you guys can do.

screw it, i have pride in my tin can.......and its functional.
first
XkuCYFx.png

second
sh3BinL.png

third
QKUg8nL.png

to bad my ocd wants me to rebuild the whole thing, the two vertical ports on the docking arms dont line up perfectly with the safety bubble, the safety bubble is a few degrees off center, the solar panels were supposed to be on the same plane as the docking arms, and the white paneling on the docking arms was supposed to run from the lab straight to the end of the arms unbroken.

On 11/6/2017 at 1:04 AM, DrLicor said:

Haven't seen much RSS/RO stations here, so here you go;

This is Space station Alpha, because it's the first of his kind in my current RP-0 install.
wsgBM3b.png?3

The first part that was placed in orbit was the spacela, short after that, the habitable module docked with it. 
0zLVNQy.png

A few days later, a shuttle assambled the airlock to the very young station and provided it's first crew for 30 days. This was also the shuttle's first flight.
5O9e49E.png

Reveal hidden contents

6FH7Wng.png

Later on a new MK-1 module with 2 crew members entered the station to receive the last module, an science module with all the early, eh, hightech science you need in the 70's. 
bPeVDad.png

I really like small simple stuff like this. It's probably something similar to what I would build.

On 5/31/2018 at 3:27 PM, RealKerbal3x said:

I would definitely get 5 SPF

I get 5 FPS no matter what I do.

BTW I'm in progress with mine. No Pictures until the finish. Also, do the stations have to be modded? Almost all the once I've seen in this thread are modded.

1 hour ago, MeepTicoMeep said:

I get 5 FPS no matter what I do.

BTW I'm in progress with mine. No Pictures until the finish. Also, do the stations have to be modded? Almost all the once I've seen in this thread are modded.

No, this thread is just about showing off your space stations. Your station can be stock, or it can use whatever mods you want :)

Edited by RealKerbal3x

Here is Kentrikos Station in LKO. Kentrikos is Greek for 'central' and that's what Kentrikos is- a central core for Kerbals in Space. Currently serviced by 6 kerbs, plans to expand the station are underway using the HOV (Heavy Orbiter Vehicle.) 

Based on the ISS, with 181 parts, Kentrikos is probably one of my biggest KSP achievements.

MKduMCb.png

My stock Soyuz on the way to Kentrikos (graphic mod, KS3P mod config)

iF91wBD.png

Ardley on EVA with damaged pod at the bottom and the Kentrikos Station in focus (no graphical mods)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my "KSS" station, still in assembly at the moment. I use the Herkul, spacecraft between shuttle and rocket, fully reusable, to bring modules to the station. Then I use RCS maneuvring probes, or lastly added the robotic arm "canadarm" to move and dock the modules to each others (but it is hell!) .

Current state:

b4Ys39Q.png

6TDsUOR.png

here the payload stage of the Herkul

ijkLIet.png

Bill working around

xCmeK85.png

zCDlz5q.png

some assembly phase

DjLg0h2.png

First module that was put in orbit

V8SP74P.png

New MOLE station.

• Toward the top is a service module delivering Equipment for reconfiguring the MOLE Lab, some resources for the Botany experiment, and lots of tank space to receive all the excess Soil/poop from its occupants. The service module is able to deorbit and land upright.
  • Towards the bottom is the MOLE Greenhouse and a beefy tug.
  • Towards the left with the spaceplane (Designed between X-20 and classic shuttle. One does not simply SSTO in 2.5x) is the first addon Hab with a docking hub.
  • Towards the right + center is the station core: the MOLE Hab and Lab.

arY5AAf.jpg

cOcBkcK.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 8:34 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

New MOLE station.

• Toward the top is a service module delivering Equipment for reconfiguring the MOLE Lab, some resources for the Botany experiment, and lots of tank space to receive all the excess Soil/poop from its occupants. The service module is able to deorbit and land upright.
  • Towards the bottom is the MOLE Greenhouse and a beefy tug.
  • Towards the left with the spaceplane (Designed between X-20 and classic shuttle. One does not simply SSTO in 2.5x) is the first addon Hab with a docking hub.
  • Towards the right + center is the station core: the MOLE Hab and Lab.

arY5AAf.jpg

cOcBkcK.jpg

What is that skybox texture if you don't mind? It looks interesting

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 2:10 AM, Munar pilot said:

What is that skybox texture if you don't mind? It looks interesting

oh, it's an EVE Online skybox. There's a link in my signature but I can't guarantee it will work right now with the current confusion of "replacer" mods.