SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

Fixed those up for you...

Also- impressive...

Where'd you get the radiator things (what I presume the grey solar panel looking-things are)?

That's from an add-on. I'm not sure what mods were used, though.

Impressive nonetheless.

That's from an add-on. I'm not sure what mods were used, though.

Impressive nonetheless.

Whoever tells me the name of that mod shall receive 50000 internet bananas! That's Cabana Corp.'s entire rayroll resource pool for our monkey staff!

weldable???not sure i would know how to do that...is it an EVA thing?

Yes, you put on the stackable Quantum Core, which looks like the stock ASAS unit (unless you have the re-model pack). That gives you 8 deployable quantum struts, to be welded by your Kerbals in EVA...

Introducing: The Orbital Fuel Station

This station was supposed to be one of the core vessels of my future space program. It needs additional tanks docked to be functional, which I bring up by tank ships like the orange manned one you can see on the second pic.

forum_station_fuel1ljb87.jpg forum_station_fuel2jzlcz.jpg

(click thumbnail to enlarge, click again for full size)

It has seven docking nodes to supply up to six ships and enough own fuel and power to do bigger orbital maneuvers. A T-Can works as the administration office and a hitchhikers module was equipped with flushing toilets and pool billard to let up to 8 Kerbanauts feel like home, even 400km above ground. Jazz is played everywhere on the station.

It has some modded parts, like the adorable monoprop truss block between the docking nodes. The main solar panels are mod parts, too, I think they look much better than a stock solution would have done for this size. The layout makes docking of multiple ships quite easy as incoming vessels can choose which side of the station they want to dock.

Some stats:

90 tons of weight

170 parts

up to 8 Kerbanauts

10.000 EC

The posted stations here in thread let me think about constructing a new station... something bigger...

Hm, gotta go now :cool:

That's an unconventional positioning of the solar panels... Is there a third one on the other side, or was this built in SPH?

On the other side is the hatch, and other layouts would have blocked either the hatch or one of the two windows. So doors and windows are clear ;)

2013-05-11_00002.jpg

2013-05-11_00003.jpg

International Kerbin Fueling Depot and Space Station "Zeus"

Mods used Docking cam, Robotic arm, and the up/downsized structure mod thing oh and the one that makes you have to worry about electricity.

Ample room for 12 Kerbals and docking clamp, 57,600lbs of liquid fuel, 70,400lbs of oxidizer, 4500lbs monopropellant, and a Berin-1 Robotic arm for simple refueling and fueling. Just park your craft near it and magnetize the arm to the hull and begin your fuel transfer.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/6280-0-17-ExPI-Space-Stations-0-4-Interplanetary-Probes-0-1-2 here is the link to the mod that has the grey radiator panels the mod is called 'extra planetary infrastructure', the station pack , I am a novice when it comes to uploading photos, how do you upload a photo directly to the forum instead of uploading a link? Edited by jambon932

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/6280-0-17-ExPI-Space-Stations-0-4-Interplanetary-Probes-0-1-2 here is the link to the mod that has the grey radiator panels the mod is called 'extra planetary infrastructure', the station pack , I am a novice when it comes to uploading photos, how do you upload a photo directly to the forum instead of uploading a link?

Find a website that makes an embed code for it and past that in.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/6280-0-17-ExPI-Space-Stations-0-4-Interplanetary-Probes-0-1-2 here is the link to the mod that has the grey radiator panels the mod is called 'extra planetary infrastructure', the station pack , I am a novice when it comes to uploading photos, how do you upload a photo directly to the forum instead of uploading a link?

You win the bananas!

hm, one thing I often see... lack of lighting. If you just add some small lights to your stations you can make good screenshots even without sunlight ;)

Lighting accounts for maybe 200~250 of the parts on the current Hades Station configuration...

So yeah...

Following in Scott Manly's Footsteps, eh?

Totally, he inspired me to play after several months. But that game is deleted and I've started over. 70 mods, docking at 2 FPS driving me crazy even with autopilots and several things just didnt work for me as for Scott. Coz he's like... PRO :cool:

Here's Ctesiphon I, my first attempt at building a space station. It's mostly used for refuelling, since that's all you really can do with station at this point, but I like to imagine the Kerbins are doing some kind of science in the habitation module. At first I thought the huge orange cross design was silly, but it's really grown on me since.

ygbTWsP.jpg

The escape pod is waaay bigger than necessary. Due to my inexperience I failed to realize that a couple of RCS thrusters with a single small stock tank is enough to deorbit a three-person pod.

yM0Zgow.png

Here's my ginormous interplanetary vessel Magellan I refuelling before departing for Jool. It managed to leave four probes on the moons of Jool and strand its crew of ten on the surface of Laythe. The next one will hopefully do much better...

HRLp6hT.jpg

The first thing I plan to do with 0.20 is to build Ctesiphon II in orbit of the Mun with mostly the same design, but utilizing some tricks I've learned and a couple of new mods I've found like since building the original like quantum struts. The escape pod will be replaced with two Munar landers capable of holding 3 Kerbins, which should be able to return the entire crew to Kerbin on their own if there's any trouble.