SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

I made this six-spoked, circular station reminiscent of 2001: A Space Odyssey. I play with RemoteTech so it has four dish antennas. I like how the solar panels turned out. Having 24 XL panels pointed 12 different directions means more than enough power no matter which way the station is oriented and they are all safely out of the way of docking vessels.

Qlb94RU.jpg

While I've been working on my fleets in Sandbox, I continued to expand Moho Station

LpcF3bZ.jpg

Here's Moho Station right now - or at least Parts 1 to 7. Currently 130.8 metric tons and has an occupancy of 30 people, equipped with 2 labs and has quite the capacity for ore storage and conversion. Moho Station will also double as a refueling port for kerbals wanting to get on and off the hot rock.

I'm saving Part 8 for when I have a feasible Moho departure plan ready, which will be a while. When I do send Part 8 of the station, I'll put the first crew in it and dock it with the bottom port near the center when I get there. WHEN MOHO STATION IS BUILT, THE PLANET WILL BE MINE.

nU8P0In.jpg

Adrastea 1, the first space station in my 1.6 save. It is fully stocked with Kerbalism supplies to support a crew of two for 40 days; I am planning to use it for three such crews, with resupply missions in between crew transfers, before it is de-orbited. The last of its three crews will probably be transported in the first two-kerbal spacecraft (as opposed to a pair of single-kerbal spacecraft), once I have the payload capacity to launch said spacecraft.

• 2 weeks later...

My first serious attempt at a space station using just KSP demo;

space-station.jpg

the big problem is of course that in demo that has to be launched as a single structure which makes for a rather cumbersome and unstable launch craft;

space-station-VAB.jpg

https://kerbalx.com/jnbspace/Space-station

At launch it is 541 parts and 300 tonnes. The orbiting station is 151 parts and 20 tonnes.

Edited by jnbspace
change link to kerbalx

Finally got my first (second but first designed) space station to dock with its first module and crew complement. Been having issues with the mechjeb and the planetary base system docking modules so I went with plan b and docked at the "misc. craft docking ports". Pic from just before separation of the booster stage. Any suggestions? First post so i guess I cant post images yet so here's the imgur link https://imgur.com/a/BbEHEDf 

On 2/24/2019 at 8:05 PM, shootnscoot said:

Finally got my first (second but first designed) space station to dock with its first module and crew complement. Been having issues with the mechjeb and the planetary base system docking modules so I went with plan b and docked at the "misc. craft docking ports". Pic from just before separation of the booster stage. Any suggestions? First post so i guess I cant post images yet so here's the imgur link https://imgur.com/a/BbEHEDf

Welcome to the forum, and nice space station :)

I don’t think the forum prevents you from posting images if you’re new. Try copying and pasting the ‘direct link’ from imgur.

On 1/20/2019 at 11:56 PM, Sinister Dexter said:

I made this six-spoked, circular station reminiscent of 2001: A Space Odyssey. I play with RemoteTech so it has four dish antennas. I like how the solar panels turned out. Having 24 XL panels pointed 12 different directions means more than enough power no matter which way the station is oriented and they are all safely out of the way of docking vessels.

Qlb94RU.jpg

You can use the offset tool to tuck the segments in so you don't have those unsightly gaps everywhere. Also I prefer the structural tubing for the spokes of my ring stations over empty boosters. Granted they don't look quite as good.

On 1/20/2019 at 6:56 AM, Torn4dO said:

Artemis, 486 part ring(153m) station.

HDvx2Pi.jpg

aXEvEx3.jpg

Craft file

You know I've never built a ring out of those huge passenger cabins. Maybe I should.

Edited by Zosma Procyon

• 2 weeks later...

A stock replica of the very first space station: Salyut-1! Built at 3/4 scale. Interior still pretty WIP but I finally got it to orbit and just wanted to share some pictures before they go stale.

p5zVH8S.png

In low Kerbin orbit.

GntdkPz.png

Docked with a Soyuz 7K-OKS spacecraft. 

rvUIjHX.png

skV0jyf.png

Jeb enters from the transfer compartment. "Kinda dark. Smells like burning..."

Qj0xZSq.png

Lights on. Much better!

71nx1TB.png

Conical secret technology container.

↓↓Download here↓↓

Station only: https://www.dropbox.com/s/woc9f5k83ymyqxp/Salyut 1.craft?dl=0

Launch configuration atop Proton-K: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6u8zfal0ddrqvm/Proton-K [Salyut 1].craft?dl=0

Edited by tehmattguy
Added download links

On 3/20/2019 at 6:21 AM, tehmattguy said:

A stock replica of the very first space station: Salyut-1! Built at 3/4 scale. Interior still pretty WIP but I finally got it to orbit and just wanted to share some pictures before they go stale.

p5zVH8S.png

In low Kerbin orbit.

GntdkPz.png

Docked with a Soyuz 7K-OKS spacecraft. 

rvUIjHX.png

skV0jyf.png

Jeb enters from the transfer compartment. "Kinda dark. Smells like burning..."

Qj0xZSq.png

Lights on. Much better!

71nx1TB.png

Conical secret technology container.

Edited Wednesday at 06:22 AM by tehmattguy

Can we get a download link? That looks awesome!