SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

Originally just a lab with solar panels to farm science in my career save, but I upgraded it to be able to mine asteroids and convert it to fuel. Unfortunately I barely break even with the fuel needed to get the asteroid to the station in the first place so I'll probably disassemble it. I have not tried towing a D class asteroid yet though, maybe that will allow me to break even; any thoughts on that? Or would it be just a lot easier to mine on Minmus and have some craft deliver the fuel mined on the surface to Minmus orbit to refuel other ships

2ya9TEy.png

The craft with a bunch of nuclear engines is the asteroid tug in case anyone is wondering

gMC3yxd.png

nsn93QE.png 

This image below is from when I was adding an additional ISRU module to the station (with a smaller asteroid being mined as well)

5nKe7XT.png

The station is named "Wet Sandwich Station" , honestly I don't remember how I came up with that but I like it :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A small space station called Starlab.

t2IWFUu.png

Starlab began it's life as the Deep Space Zero G lab, launched as a single launch space station. It's original mission was to study the effects of Zero G on kerbals, which it turned out to be practically nonexistent.

Spoiler

e4jEbtZ.png

UFwtYbq.png

054CNsC.png

Starlab was visited by a spaceplane, the Eclipse, which crewed it, and the rest of the 2 years aboard the space station passed by uneventfully.

z6gn7B5.png

The space station was visited once again to decrew it, and the space station was reorganized awaiting the addition of new modules.

NwxDxj7.png

And such, 7 modules were added to the Deep Space Zero G lab, renamed Starlab.

• 3 weeks later...

IOS-GP-1 (International Orbital Station-Guinea Pig-1) was the first international space station. It was launched in December 1976, and was the second and (for the time being) the last cooperative spaceflight between the US and the USSR (the first being the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project). It has dockings ports for Soyuz and Apollo CSM spacecraft.

It is in the shape of a guinea pig.

hNkMsBc.png

DRLSu8O.png

pqux2re.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2012 at 12:12 AM, mintyhippo136 said:

Replica of the ISS!

RbbYi.png

4Dm9V.png

bottom view ^

Love that,realy good replica of ISS. Just imagine how it is to work there doing researches and space review for such giant companies like NASA or UK Space Agency. By the way I'd like to know tools you used to create this project.

• 2 weeks later...

My newest creation on sandbox (I Had To Get It Into Orbit Using Cheats Due To Lag I Play On Xbox For Now) i plan to do it properly when i get my new pc which is coming soon.:cool:xsGbivH.png

• 4 weeks later...

The Aroma space station. I'm really proud of it since I didn't use mechjeb to make it. it currently has 3 modules and the current modules dont have that much docking ports, so the next module that ill send to the station it gonna be more of an expansion module, it is currently 100km above Kerbin.https://ibb.co/1RDZJTh

Edited by PigeonThePilot

1 hour ago, maddog59 said:

@The Doodling AstronautThis is intriguing ... what's the purpose of the articulated (?) arm? It looks like the end of it is opposite the base of a fairing?   How did you get that part to stay attached after deployment? And are these all stock parts?

I think that @The Doodling Astronaut made that arm to imitate the arm which holds the antenna receiver on a large radio telescope style dish. The open fairing half resembles the reflecting parabola half of such a telescope or antenna. He can correct me if I'm wrong.

In a newer update to KSP they added the ability to leave fairings open ended during construction. I believe that when you have partially created a fairing in the VAB holding down "left-alt" while left-clicking will leave the fairing open and it will remain that way for launch until staged away. There should be a text message during fairing construction while in the VAB which clarifies this.

Edited by HvP

4 hours ago, HvP said:

I think that @The Doodling Astronaut made that arm to imitate the arm which holds the antenna receiver on a large radio telescope style dish. The open fairing half resembles the reflecting parabola half of such a telescope or antenna. He can correct me if I'm wrong.

In a newer update to KSP they added the ability to leave fairings open ended during construction. I believe that when you have partially created a fairing in the VAB holding down "left-alt" while left-clicking will leave the fairing open and it will remain that way for launch until staged away. There should be a text message during fairing construction while in the VAB which clarifies this.

nope spot on

:) 

1 minute ago, maddog59 said:

Dang! That's one big 'scope! Not as big as Arecibo (RIP) but still...! :) 

There is a big one someone from our group made, but I can't tell you from wat yet...

Lunar Gateway around 2027. This was based on one image and reading off the descriptions of the modules on Wikipedia so it is not 100% accurate. The lander is based on the ILV from the National Team.

Within to history of my game, Lunar Gateway is actually the second lunar space station, built to replace the 1980s vintage OLS.

KMd1Fy7.png

mC8KWSY.png

• 2 weeks later...

Here we have: my small micro station, a small ship (the one with the poodle), and my newest creation (which is largest than the station). The station is called SSIV but the big ship is unnamed. Any ideas?

(P.S you cant see but im in a 100km orbit of kerbin).

20210311160016-1.jpg

Edited by STORMPILOTkerbalkind

16 hours ago, STORMPILOTkerbalkind said:

<snip>... the big ship is unnamed. Any ideas?

You may want to consider coming up with a set of themes for your different types of vessels. For instance, my satellites are named for precious stones; science bases are named for scientists; stations are named for mountain ranges; orbiters (i.e., atmo-capable ships) are named for avians; transfer vehicles (non-atmo) are named for literary characters, and so on.