SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

Show off!  LOL

What is that, Class E? And did you move it into a Kerbin orbit? If so, you gotta show us the ship you used. 

What's the best way to anchor a structure into an asteroid? I've not tried any myself, but I can only think of using an Klaw, since the gravity is virtually non-existent.

Edited by maddog59

6 minutes ago, maddog59 said:

Show off!  LOL

What is that, Class E? And did you move it into a Kerbin orbit? If so, you gotta show us the ship you used. 

What's the best way to anchor a structure into an asteroid? I've not tried any myself, but I can only think of using an Klaw, since the gravity is virtually non-existent.

It's a comet. Size H, I think

No it's still in it's regular orbit

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2021 at 9:55 PM, Nicodo123 said:

I  put a space station in orbit around Minmus.

On 4/9/2021 at 4:13 PM, Nightmare said:

Hm but that is minimus

I, too, called it Minmus for the longest time. That second 'i' was completely invisible to me. It wasn't until I heard someone pronounce it Minimus in a video that I was able to see it.

13 hours ago, DialoMalison said:

I, too, called it Minmus for the longest time. That second 'i' was completely invisible to me. It wasn't until I heard someone pronounce it Minimus in a video that I was able to see it.

What am I missing here?

VvAWSwx.png

On 10/4/2020 at 7:36 AM, The Space Dino said:

Originally just a lab with solar panels to farm science in my career save, but I upgraded it to be able to mine asteroids and convert it to fuel. Unfortunately I barely break even with the fuel needed to get the asteroid to the station in the first place so I'll probably disassemble it. I have not tried towing a D class asteroid yet though, maybe that will allow me to break even; any thoughts on that? Or would it be just a lot easier to mine on Minmus and have some craft deliver the fuel mined on the surface to Minmus orbit to refuel other ships

2ya9TEy.png

The craft with a bunch of nuclear engines is the asteroid tug in case anyone is wondering

gMC3yxd.png

nsn93QE.png 

This image below is from when I was adding an additional ISRU module to the station (with a smaller asteroid being mined as well)

5nKe7XT.png

The station is named "Wet Sandwich Station" , honestly I don't remember how I came up with that but I like it :P

That's pretty nice.

23 hours ago, Dientus said:

What am I missing here?

Ummmm.... I think the original comment/confusion is not on the spelling (which is, indeed "Minmus"), but on the fact that the picture showed a vessel in front of Minmus, but the caption stated it was in orbit around the Mun (after having gone into orbit around Kerbol).

I don't know where "Minimus" comes from, unless someone's trying to gaslight us...  :sticktongue:

1 hour ago, maddog59 said:

I don't know where "Minimus" comes from, unless someone's trying to gaslight us...  

:joy:That was were I got lost too. I thought for a minute it was my dementia kicking in.

On 4/11/2021 at 4:11 AM, DialoMalison said:

OK, my antique brain suffered a massive failure when I posted that.  It was actually the other way around. I actually saw a non-existent 'i' and called it Minimus for a long time.  I guess because it is a small (minimal) moon. It did take hearing someone pronounce it correctly in a video to set me straight. Sorry for the confusion guys. :blush:

Edited by DialoMalison
Grammar

7 hours ago, Mazlem said:

After a few months hiatus, my kerbals are building new mining and fuel delivery architecture at Minmus, starting with a spacedock:

Reveal hidden contents

7ezpU32.png

MgQTREg.png

t1EQc7s.png

8ne7wMa.png

92zsR2w.png

This is a very fine piece of craftsmanship! (I could never build something this good in stock)  Keep it up!

On 4/21/2021 at 1:43 PM, WelshSteW said:

This is Kerbin Station. It's a work in progress, having taken 6 launches to get it to this stage.

Hide contents

What mod are you using that has all of those cool parts?