SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

This is a new generation of space station that I made after 3 days and nights of hard work! Strive to become the best in the "China Sky and Space Station" configuration of the whole site! Welcome to communicate!

I think the most interesting thing in this production is the retractable extravehicular experimental platform design. Through the clever use of hinges, the experimental platform can adjust the appropriate angle and height and take back the cabin when needed.

Among them, the right side is mainly used for communication and general small scientific experiments, and there is also a basic food supply, and there is also a small cabin that can hide a small unmanned tugboat~

The left dream cabin is mainly used for scanning. The lower part facing the earth is full of various Earth sensors and resource scanners, while the upper part is a rotating (rotating) telescope.

The location of all scientific equipment and radar instruments is designed to ensure electromagnetic compatibility.

There are also extravehicular experimental platforms, homemade large robotic arms, advanced modified freight spacecraft (two robotic arms + expandable warehouses) on the drawings of the old Soviet Union, rotating large NFS flexible solar wings and other institutions.

At present, because I'm really sleepy, I plan to go to bed first. Let's shoot it into space in the next few days~

这是我经过3天没日没夜努力,做出来的新一代空间站!力争成为在全站“中国天和空间站”构型中最好的一个!欢迎大家来交流!

我觉得这次制作中最有趣的是可伸缩的舱外实验平台设计,通过巧妙的使用转轴可以让实验平台调整适合的角度和高度并在需要时收回舱内。

其中右面问天段主要用于通讯和一般小型科学实验,并且还有基本伙食供应,并且还有一个小船舱可以藏一艘小型无人拖船~

左面梦天舱主要用于扫描,其中面向地球的下部分堆满了各种对地传感器和资源扫描仪,而上部分则案有可旋转(转轴)的望远镜。

所有科学设备和雷达类仪器的位置都经过设计保证电磁兼容。

还有舱外实验平台,自制的大型机械臂,老苏联图纸上的进步改型货运飞船(两个机械臂+可展开仓库),可旋转的大型NFS柔性太阳能翼等等机关。

目前由于实在困打算先睡觉了,这几天有空分批发射到太空中去吧~

2ef6a32e282906bb.pngdcf00ae8992269e1.jpg

4TFtlA9.jpgSh5L5tg.jpg第一张图是我经过两天的修改和发射完成的空间站一期工程,第二张图是我的TG-05空间站二期工程,跟大家分享一下!

The first picture is the first phase of my space station project completed after two days of modification and launch, and the second picture is the second phase of my TG-05 space station project. Happy to share it with you guys!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's my first space station ever, which I docked my first vessel to a few days ago! It has plenty of supplies for restocking vessels, as well as most of the science experiments in the game. Pretty basic, but I like it. Also the antenna rotates around using the robotics :D. I also made a small resupply vessel inspired by Orion (and an SLS-style launch vehicle), but I had to clip the fuel tanks and engine in order for it to actually work and look good, which I know many players will frown at. Still don't have a name for anything in this project, perhaps the "Local Resupply & Science Station".

5fnsSeF.pngGLxYTIT.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got a couple success stories to post.  :)  Took some stubbornness determination, trial-and-error, and the eventual decision to "SEND IT!", but here are the results!

First off, the Thalia class station.

wFgsoe3.png

An amalgamation of Stock, Restock, Near Future, and Stockalike Station Parts Expanded, she can keep a potential crew of TOO MANY KERBALS quite comfortable and busy for long-term missions.  Generation 1 stations of this class were deployed to the orbits of Kerbin, the Mun, and Minmus to support extended exploration of each body.

However, the Generation 2 long term orbital habitat has been recently developed, and are in the process of replacing the older Thalia design.

Next up, the Urania class station.

Kwo9wmH.png

With a potential crew of FAR TOO MANY KERBALS, these behemoths have all most of the comforts of home.  (Only about 0.6 G, but better than nothin'!)  Stations have already been deployed to Kerbin and the Mun, with Kerbin's station hosting its first crew.  Station deployment to Minmus is forthcoming.

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2022 at 2:13 AM, Aaron11 said:

4TFtlA9.jpgSh5L5tg.jpg第一张图是我经过两天的修改和发射完成的空间站一期工程,第二张图是我的TG-05空间站二期工程,跟大家分享一下!

The first picture is the first phase of my space station project completed after two days of modification and launch, and the second picture is the second phase of my TG-05 space station project. Happy to share it with you guys!

这不得让五院造出来(

Before going to bed last night, I made a replica of the space station depicted in Blue Öyster Cult's Club Ninja album cover (see below)

220px-CNINJA.jpg

• Source: Wikipedia
  • Shuttles not included, although I won't be surprised if someone made spacecraft similar to those already
    • Besides, I already have a couple of solid docking-capable spaceplane models for this
      • Not the P-5 Olympian, since it would most likely end up colliding with the station

I390mEU.png

• The Club Ninja at 300 km altitude with a 45-degree inclination.
    • The delivery rockets still had ~2700 m/s of delta-V left before detachment.
      • A subsequent test run proved that the rockets would have at least 2,800 m/s left if launched at an orbit half that altitude and at 0 degrees inclination. Plenty of fuel to get to Ike.
  • I installed support beams at the center of the curve so that it didn't wobble and break off during liftoff.
    • Whoever drew that album cover must have rejected the idea of the entire station being sent in one launch - or was too drunk/high to remember supports.
  • Honestly, I'm surprised nobody else built this already. 

Craft file: https://kerbalx.com/Mars-Bound_Hokie/Club-Ninja

I guess I'll see ya "Dancin' in the Ruins" tonight

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/25/2023 at 2:52 PM, CNF_EKEA said:

Built one of the concepts for the IRSO Space Station.

- Sources were offical and unoffical renders. 
I mainly used tantares for my parts

https://imgur.com/Eps9OMM

you can post photos by pressing the "Insert image from URL" at the bottom right and make sure to put a .png OR .jpg at the end if it does not work go on imgur then photos/images and then click the phote/image you want to put in your reply/thread and make sure you copy the "Direct Link" should look something like this:

Then Go To Direct Link And Click Copy And Then If You Did It Correctly You Should See Your Image In Your Reply/thread

4nD8iHv.png

• 1 month later...

Yes, in the forward part of the landing module, it is also used to refuel the ship in an emergency situation can bring ore on board. On the sides of the two modules to capture asteroids and they are also additional engines and two shuttles here you can see only one, on the reverse side another one. There is also a robot for docking and undocking containers and other tasks. In general, it is interesting to fly on it, it's just a lot of unpredictable adventures. Unfortunately, I now have another KSP compilation and that would open it need to restore mods, but if anyone really want to try. 1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here is Kerman Station in its current configuration! 15 crewed missions, 7 modules, 6 Kerbals on board, and 1 year of a constant Kerbal presence in space!

2GgfDd4.png

Look at the full story of the still ongoing construction of Kerman Station on my mission report Beyond, and download the completely stock version here: https://kerbalx.com/Some_KSP_Player/Kerman-Station

After the end of the Trinity program, KASA redirected their efforts to LKO, where they established Space Station Roadhouse, the first ever space station in orbit. Starting from just a single module only 1.875m in diameter, it will soon be expanded to have at least two more modules. The first expansion was the "Batt-Man" node and battery module. It was hastily built and launched out of necessity, because SS Roadhouse had insufficient EC to last through the orbital "night".

img%5D

The initial configuration of SS Roadhouse. A Trinity CSM named Roadhouse-2, which carried Valentina K., Irene K., and Bob K. to the station, can be seen docked.

img%5D

The station in its current configuration, with the Batt-Man docked.

Follow along with the construction of Roadhouse, as well as the missions leading up to it, on my mission report The Sky is Not the Limit.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, first image was my final effort to create a self-sustained base using the TACLS (Life support) 

The bottom one is a service polar orbit station. Mods: FreeIva, Kip docking ports.   Just for fun  it didn't have much use.

Portugalia-III-space-station.png

Nova-Station-stock-polar-orbit.png

Edited by Vulcano53