SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

I'm absolutely blown away. You guys are amazing. I have not yet tried my first docking, but I have my first test mission started.

My first orbital habitat and docking port is in a stable 100k orbit around Kerbin. It has enough battery and solar power to be self sustained. Jebediah volunteered to be the first and only kerbonaut to operate it. He is currently stranded in orbit with no way to return. It is up to the team at home to design and build a ship that can reach him, dock, and return home. Jebediah knew his was a one-way trip, but his bravery has sparked a massive interest globally. Development and innovation is at an all-time high. We are all confident in our abilty to retrieve Jebediah and return him home safely.

Or so we hope...

I'm absolutely blown away. You guys are amazing. I have not yet tried my first docking, but I have my first test mission started.

My first orbital habitat and docking port is in a stable 100k orbit around Kerbin. It has enough battery and solar power to be self sustained. Jebediah volunteered to be the first and only kerbonaut to operate it. He is currently stranded in orbit with no way to return. It is up to the team at home to design and build a ship that can reach him, dock, and return home. Jebediah knew his was a one-way trip, but his bravery has sparked a massive interest globally. Development and innovation is at an all-time high. We are all confident in our abilty to retrieve Jebediah and return him home safely.

Or so we hope...

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/hydrotech-rcs-autopilot/

try this mod. This is how I dock my ships. I hope to someday not have to use it is extremely helpful. There is also a video on how to use it so pay attention

I only run stock, but here's my input :)

Station-357

Parked in a 100KM orbit, she holds:

6600 Electric Charge

1800 units of Monopropellant

6120 units of liquid fuel

7480 units of Oxidizer

4200 Units of Xenon Gas

She has a 9 kerbal crew capacity and features multiple docking ports including:

1 Calmp-O-Tron Sr. Docking Port

3 Shielded Clamp-O-Tron standard ports.

2 Calmp-O-Tron jr. Docking ports

Fao59su.png

I'VE DONE IT!

00jj0PH.jpg

Please allow me to introduce the Science Obital and Aeronautics Platform! The Kerbals launched a manned mission to orbit about 2 days ago. Our brave Kerbonaut knew he would be stranded with no hope of return unless his fellow Kerbal scientists and physicists could develop a safe platform of which to retrieve him.

Kerbal S.O.A.P. has now had two successful launches adding both habitat space, needed supplies, and research equipment. Everything went smoothly, although section 2 is reporting some stuck equipment. The middle section in the images shows the tiny habitat that our bravest of Kerbins has to endure while awaiting technology to catch up. The two arms, reaching out as if awaiting an embrace, were the result of countless hours of hard work and very little sleep. Two separate launches within a short time frame enabled this wonderous program to succeed. All of Kerbinkind is proud. Today has been named a national holiday to celebrate S.O.A.P. and the accomplishments of one Jebediah Kerman.

Edited by mellojoe

I love that without having any previous experience with this thread, I knew that opening it would result in me seeing a ton of images of spacecraft with an infinite amount more solar panels than they need

This space station has a kethane drilling rig docked to it as well as a visiting ship that is refueling. Each of the 3 ships has its own unit that converts kethane into fuel and other resources. This requires large amounts of power so I actually do need these solar panels. :)

You can see the drills extending from the bottom of the craft on the left. (Normally you wouldn't deploy them unless you're stationary on the ground.)

For more about the kethane mod, go here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/23979-Kethane-Pack-0-4-3-Download-link-now-up-to-date-after-forum-catastrophe?highlight=kethane

wc2GKhv.jpg

Edited by Gus

In the spirit of true modularity, no two launches in the construction of this station were done with anything near remotely similar components. My first station looked cobbled together; this one has a nice silhouette in comparison. It's set up with a 140/150 Kerbin orbit to steer clear my scenario's junk-band at about 110km. I'm proud of 'er.

Features independent escape capsules, an RCS-powered space tug, multiple science/power platforms, a probe launcher, and occasionally enough leftover docking space to park a car.

Meet my newest station - Cheese 2.

qUxFjaQ.jpg

Hi

I'm new on the forum, but I've read it for almost two month now, since I've started to play KSP.

When 0.20 came out I've started a new 'career', and of course I've started with building a Space Station, the Damocles.

I try to use as much stock parts as possible, but because I'm not the most patient guy, I can't live without mechjeb :D

Hope you like it

This was the first launch with the Command Module:

981809_10201400385792006_1956182136_o.jpg

979862_10201400386152015_1572310008_o.jpg

Second launch with the Habitat Module:

964748_10201400386912034_673117885_o.jpg

981696_10201400388872083_1156379620_o.jpg

976595_10201400389952110_915448624_o.jpg

Third launch, the Communication Module:

981290_10201406963436443_901620753_o.jpg

704049_10201406965236488_2126217172_o.jpg

Update coming soon...

931248_10200169618018504_1242314842_n.jpg

Project Genesis (minmus base) was a success. Now its time to bring them home. To welcome them back I am building a new station. The largest one to date (that I've built).

Now it needs a name so Im asking y'all to help. Only rule is it must be Biblical.

LKO station, made using mostly B9 parts. Sadly she's over 300 parts and thus lags out if anything comes near, so isn't much more than a vanity project. I've ended up having to cheat her out to geostationary orbit just so that I don't have to worry about other craft coming nearby and rendering things unplayable.

AaN8aRC.jpg

Fyu0wKS.jpg

y1M7vHD.jpg

QzW15Hj.jpg

931248_10200169618018504_1242314842_n.jpg

Project Genesis (minmus base) was a success. Now its time to bring them home. To welcome them back I am building a new station. The largest one to date (that I've built).

Now it needs a name so Im asking y'all to help. Only rule is it must be Biblical.

So I have come up with 3 names

KSS Mt Sinai, KSS Masada, or KSS Covenant

what do you guys think

I'm assuming both these questions are directed at me (if they're not, then ignore this).

Is that a centrifugal gravity compartment?

The cross shaped end section (with the long arms seen clearly in the last picture) is fuel storage.

(Facepalm) what else can it be? btw turn it into an interplanetary ship, it is more suitable for that. Just dock a propulsion module and refuel it with some fuel, attach landers and there you go!

I'm running into the limits of what my laptop can handle even as is, so sadly she's stuck where she is right now.

The Faraday Space Station, a permanent output orbiting Kerbin. All docking areas are lit in blue. There is one standard docking port at the end of each truss section for docking unmanned craft. Also on each truss between the solar arrays are three standard and one large berthing port for future fuel storage and resupply or additional unmanned docking. In the manned portion of the station there are five standard docking ports at the bottom of the docking tower, one large port on the back science module and an additional standard on the front of the two Mk1-2 pods. All modules were launched in payload fairings to add some realism to the station construction.

ZgwUPqF.jpg

v8PlD0i.png

o7LtfDE.png

0yqB0qX.png

S.O.A.P. phase 3 is underway. Kerbal Scientists everywhere have determined that they don't know what they don't know. So a mandate has gone up: WE DON'T KNOW ENOUGH! The Science Obital & Aeronautics Platform will be getting a healthy dose of Science during this phase. We begin with construction of the Kerbin Radio Array for Scientific Studies. K.R.A.S.S. begins with a large central radio antennea.

g2vXpYB.png

aD2PtdL.png

And this was done with a successful crew refresh as well. Bob Kerman has joined Jebediah and Bill in the S.O.A.P. while Dysell Kerman returned home safely, after having served a brief tour in orbit. Here he is awaiting pickup from coast guard rescue, and dozens of admiring fans.

v9stpZ1.jpg

H.M.S. Wileen

Quite a huge beast! All of the parts were connected by tri-couplers, so it is quite sturdy and can maneuver pretty well with RCS! It can house 16 Kerbals and has 4 escape pods.

11final.jpg