SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

thats alot of space planes there :P and a mean looking station

Thanks, it being my first station, I used it mostly to test concepts and practice manual docking. Only the "wendy" spaceplane is stable in atmo, the lthers tend to flatspin and they dont even have landing gear. I'd like to add another 2 planes to the station, but fps is down to about 5 near the station so im probably just going to start a new project.

Hey guys, here's a station I built a while ago as a sort of personal challenge. The starting part count is 414, and initial weight is 637.03 tons. Its final part count is 202, and weighs in at 98.24 tons. It can hold 44 Kerbals at once, and has 12 docking ports for modularity, should I ever choose to expand it. It was launched in one piece. The only non-stock component on it is the MechJeb control module, because I had no chance of manually flying it at the framerates I got during takeoff.LVfd5G5.jpg

Yes, those are Ion thrusters on top. And no, I really don't expect it would be able to move much with them.

EAflPyv.jpg

Hey there everyone! I'm posting screenshots of Space Station Archangel, my primary all-purpose space station in LKO.

Daytime:

screenshot446.png

Nighttime:

screenshot460.png

I named her the Archangel because, besides watching over all of the other ships, probes, and satelites orbiting Kerbin, I wanted her to be a grand station that can and will weather through any and all odds to fly on. Those of you who can accurately guess the inspiration for her name (hint: anime) gets cookies!

She is a modular space station by design, built around a "Core" 6-Way Module. Towards the front is the Command Module "Archangel", where Jeb (commander!), Bill, Bob, and Derdred command and oversee the station. Above and below the 6-way right behind the CM are the two primary Service/Habitation Modules "Eternal" (below) and "Freedom" (above) that also serve as lifeboats and secondary solar array modules. The two SMs work in tandem together with the CM to manage and housekeep the station, checking each other for any errors in their calculations, providing redundancy and accuracy to help ensure a safe flight!

Towards the rear is the Communications Module "Ptolemaios I" where Archangel keeps in touch with KSC and all other appropriate vessels, and further behind it is the Docking Hub Module "Ptolemaios II" where all visiting ships dock to the station for refueling, resupplying, and crew boarding/deboarding.

To the port and starboard of the station from the 6-way are the two Solar Array/Habitation Modules "Aile I" and "Aile II" (inner starboard and port respectively) and the two Solar Array/Greenhouse Modules "Ptolemy I" and "Ptolemy II" (outer starboard and port respectively), the two Aile+Ptolemy modules provide the primary means of producing electricity for Archangel as well as food (KerbalSnax!) in the case of Ptolemy I and II.

Archangel is in a ~150km circular equatorial prograde orbit above Kerbin, usually its front pointed towards Kerbol for maximum solar array efficiency with a Normal+/- vertical orbital orientation for easier stationkeeping and docking.

When 0.21 rolls around, I am hopeful that I can get her up and running again so she can keep on flying. ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Edited by King Arthur
Typo fix.

So just finished up my new KSP Command Station. It's nothing too big or crazy, in fact it's very clean and minimalistic. I used mostly Karmony station parts, some from the ISS Comunity Pack and a few other parts to. I think the only stock KSP part I used was the Copula. It is MechJebbed and Remoteched and tied in with my Relay and GPS systems. It holds 14 crew members or will once we transfer over the administrative and support crew. Jeb, Bill and Bob are keep on limited flight readiness. Bills CEO of my "Bosh Space Program", Bob is in charge of everything flight and launch related and Jeb...Jebs on the board now... we keep Jeb locked in the Copula. It's just safer that way. There will be a station commander, a communications officer, a couple of secretaries, 2 maintenance crew, 2 cook/station cleaning crew, a med officer and a Starbucks barista...

I used a combination of Ariane V, Ares V Delta IV and Proton launch vehicles, I think around 30 flights to get it all set up.

Here's a nice daytime view from the side....

TopHatDay1.png

And another daytime view from the bottom....

TopHatDay2.png

I have all of the lighting systems setup so that they can be switched on independently of one another...

No lights on...

TopHatNight1.png

Fuel tank avoidance lights...

TopHatnight2.png

Deck lighting...

TopHatnight3.png

And module lights(from the bottom)...

TopHatnight4.png

My next few flights are going to be ferry flights from my ISS...

My ISS is also not from KSP stock... just the Copula and a few solar plans...

Here's a few shots of my ISS, everything was assembled in space except for the truss system. After a bunch of failed attempts at getting assembled in space, I assembled it in the SPH and hyper edited it to orbit...

ISS2.png

You can see a ATV and a Kliper Shuttle that I sent up to ferry the crew and there stuff to there new home...

ISS1.png

And I have a Mir Complex that I keep quite busy...

Here's a couple of nice daytime shots...

Mirday.png

Mir1-1.png

And I still get the chills when I have to dock at night from the bottom... Mir is kind of scary looking.

MirNight.png

I used only Photon and Soyuz launch vehicles to get Mir into orbit.

KSS Troy is complete! (for now) Gotta love these big space station parts by udk_lethal_d0se.

QVCARX0.jpg

View from docking end, Aeneas Service Modules are blue when activated. Nav lights for incoming craft ...lol

L061Eg8.jpg

One last shot!

FZ4KJEu.jpg

Where do you get the different colored lights?

Trying to replicate the real ISS with as low part count as possible. This is how it looks so far, some Russian modules still missing. I just installed the Quest Airlock, and the part count is less than 120.

It contains some fuel for refueling, and tons of Monoprop and electricity.

Its in 400k orbit with zero inclination due to practical reasons. Main launch vehicle was Proton almost for all of the modules except a few which were delivered with Buran, and some with Ariane 5.

Mods used are ISS Pack, Soviet Pack, and ESA pack. Im still looking for something useful like a CanadArm and Dragon.

20921425_z.jpg

20921423_z.jpg

20921302_z.jpg

20921431_z.jpg

20921430_z.jpg

20921427_z.jpg

20921424_z.jpg

I have been working on my KSS a lot and I think it's at a show-able state. Please don't mind the cargo-delivery probe still attached to the newly-installed spherical fuel tank; I had just delivered it when I took the screenshots!

rzi5.png

1czj.png

lr8u.png

yaeh.png

On the image below, these are the modules from top to bottom:

• Command and Observation Module
  • RCS Maneuver Assistance Module
  • [2x] Hatched Crew Habitat Module (Capacity for 8 Kerbals each)
  • 2.5m Hex Node
  • [sides, 2x symmetry] 2.5m Battery Module
  • [sides, 2x symmetry] Large Solar Energy Module
  • [sides, 2x symmetry] RCS Maneuver Assistance Module
  • [2x] 2.5m Oxygen Storage And Recycle Module
  • RCS Maneuver Assistance Module
  • 2.5m Long Structural Spacer Module
  • Large Spherical Fuel Tank Module

Below the spherical fuel tank is the "2.5m Cargo Delivery and Docking Probe"; With per-mission specially fit structures to give the cargo structural stability (because I learned soon enough that I need to reinforce things a bit if I don't want my cargo to bend 90º, break off and destroy everything below it during launch and ascent) as well as balanced RCS thrust for docking (because during the delivery of previous modules I learned that trying to dock cargo with all my RCS thrust to one side of it only causes the whole thing to spin on it's weight center rather than the intended up-down-left-right movements initially intended)

q5qc.png

Trying to replicate the real ISS with as low part count as possible. This is how it looks so far, some Russian modules still missing. I just installed the Quest Airlock, and the part count is less than 120.

It contains some fuel for refueling, and tons of Monoprop and electricity.

Its in 400k orbit with zero inclination due to practical reasons. Main launch vehicle was Proton almost for all of the modules except a few which were delivered with Buran, and some with Ariane 5.

Mods used are ISS Pack, Soviet Pack, and ESA pack. Im still looking for something useful like a CanadArm and Dragon.

20921425_z.jpg

20921423_z.jpg

20921302_z.jpg

20921431_z.jpg

20921430_z.jpg

20921427_z.jpg

20921424_z.jpg

Starting to look good m8...

Your building it as it is now right?

This is the most resent pic/render I could find on the web... It's for MArch or May 2013 I think.

ISS5-2013.jpg

Do you have any other pics or renders? I'm thinking of reconfiguring mine yet again and I'm always looking for the most up to date set up.

I recently finished constructing a stock ISS. It was really hard to put together.... there are so many parts that it grinds my poor laptop to a halt! I had trouble recreating some parts, notable most of the Pressurized Mating Adapters. The only semi-accurate PMA is on Unity. Here's my version of ISS:

http://imgur.com/a/WfcNS

Here are some images from the album. Click it to view some more.

3yecT6Fl.jpg

5jS7Xljl.png

B9Cn4zxl.png

It was really hard to assemble! I put it on a 400 km orbit with a 51.6 degree inclination. That makes rendezvous a little harder. I also made some mistakes, and assembled some things 2 at a time. It took more than 22 launches, and about 4-5 more docking maneuvers to get everything in the right place. Not including the general explosions of rockets on the ground... lol.

Edited by Quantum Jim

To SouthPhilly, yes im building it as it is right now, i probably spent more time reading and researching the thing than actually building it, because all of the parts orientation, position etc. But as i said in the other thread, since my PC is not top end im trying to keep the parts down below 150, some parts must be skipped, such as lower panels on the truss segment, scientific stuff, lights, additional RCS thrusters, batteries and stuff.

I will however try po make the Poisk, Pirs and Rassvet for my ISS, but there is no mod containing those parts so theyll have to be stock, and stock doesnt really have similar parts.

I tried this in the way the Quantum Jim did it in the pics above, but it was unplayable due to lag. Mods keep the station simple, big acurate parts with RCS integrated so each module is les than 10 parts on average. Even the soyuz and buran are somewhere around 10-15 parts each.

Ill be updating pictures as i go, sorry for the low graphics settings, but if i put everything on "fantastic" it takes quite some time to extend the panels, scientific cargo and all the deployables. And the frame rate drops to about 1fps.

The most difficult launch was the whole section of Columbus, Harmony, JEM and ELM-PS alltogether, since Columbus and JEM wtih ELM -PS only have one attachment node.

My station, the HORIZON

Maximum capacity: 9 kerbals

Launches to build: 5

Just realised how insignificant it is compared to other stations on this thread :blush:

hB9bTwH.png

Its fairly simple because I don't have an amazing pc, and I prefer to dock at more than 2fps :sticktongue:

Anyway I have loosely based it on this Apollo era NASA concept

hXqUEwE.jpg

Mods used are:

- Large Structural/Station Components (this one is awesome)

- KW rocketry

- B9 Aerospace

Edited by tcawte

http://imgur.com/a/CxU6p#bwL2kYL

My SS-1 with Bobcat's Buran docked to it. Oh and how do you post the large images like that? can't get my head round how to do it...

I've really had a fun day today... SS-1 randomly disassembled itself and killed all 24 Kerbals, I launched SS-2 to replace SS-1 (obviously) and then that spontaneously exploded while docking a crew transfer vehicle to it... I dread to imagine what will happen to SS-3, If I make SS-3...

I've really had a fun day today... SS-1 randomly disassembled itself and killed all 24 Kerbals, I launched SS-2 to replace SS-1 (obviously) and then that spontaneously exploded while docking a crew transfer vehicle to it... I dread to imagine what will happen to SS-3, If I make SS-3...

#4 will mysteriously disappear after an unexplained tachyon surge

#5 should be good though

So, here is my piece of pure station-ness(Have yet to deliver it to the Munar orbit. Pretty much finished, might not look like it because there's a lot of docking ports. Still it's totally possible to continue building it but i'm good at where i am.):

Screenshot6.png

View from near the Morrigan M&E(Mining & Exploration) ship's cockpit which has been helping the James Station O-5 throughout it's construction period and was the first ship that docked with it.

Screenshot7.png

Another One:

Screenshot8.png

Edited by Plymouth