SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

Just started with KSP a few days ago; this is my first crack at a station;

jDdMUuu.jpg

Design goal was for a simple refueling station for ships to top up on consumables on their way to the Mun. Looking to set up first an orbital station there and then expand into kethane fueling, which will lead to missions to other planets.... This station orbits @ 150km's in LKO. A sharp eye will notice that I'm missing a solar panel array; it was sheared off in a collision with a spent third stage I was trying to deorbit after delivering a fuel tank to the station.

First station in career mode.

Bill sat up there the whole time during construction of the first 3 parts, just did a first crew exchange!

So happy that i'm finally getting the hang of doing rendez-vous, This last dock with the supply craft only took me 1 burn to get a close encounter, then just slide it on with the rcs and done! So easy!

dky7.png

Edited by 128MB

Hey guys, got some amazing looking stations! I just want to throw this out there I have a youtube series based off of deorbiting things and seeing how well they survive! I am kind of relying on people "donating" their stations for me and was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing that. if so just send me a message thanks.

little preview here:

The end goal for my fuel depot station:

screenshot1.png

It has space for a grand total of 20 jumbo fuel tanks, holding a grand total of 57600 units of fuel and 70400 units of Oxidiser. Resupplying this thing is going to be a bitch.

The girder segment at the top is an extended docking port, allowing ships to glide over and refuel without disrupting the tanks, although now that I look at it again it could do with being a little taller. It also includes room for 12 Kerbals, so it can also serve as a backup crew transfer module, if needed.

I created the main sphere via precisely tilting five 4X4 panels (4 way symmetry was a must!), each panel is about five or six tilts ahead of the prior one. After that, I stuck docking ports in the centre of each of the panels and Bob's your uncle. The fuel tanks are there simply as demonstration, it will have to be sent up piece by piece.

This is what it looks like pre tanks:

screenshot0.png

Now, this is actually version 1 of the depot, this I have gotten into orbit, but as you can see, no extended port, so it had to go.

screenshot2.png

This is the lifter for the sphere stage, which, as I said, has gotten version 1 into orbit with fuel to spare. So it should be able to get version 2 into orbit no problem. MechJeb gave the vessel a final mass of about 182.5 tonnes, with only about 22 tonnes of that being the sphere.

So, with 0 launches down, there's only 21 to go before this bad boy is finished.

11A4039100748D1CDA0D6EC3CE379F82CAA2AEC2

My first station! My first anything real in KSP actually... Had to run a rescue mission after the Living Quarters decoupled and had 0 fuel for the RCS thrusters... Had to learn how to dock pretty dang quick for that mission!

Fixed that for you :)

For the record, what you want to do next time is click on the image, then copy the URL that links directly to the picture and enclose that within the IMG tags. The "Share" link from the button just works as a URL redirect.

This is my big bugger lag isnt too bad, approx 250 parts. Its very stable, sent it up all empty and generated the fuel, its almost 800 tonnes and climbing.

screenshot2-2.png

screenshot1-1.png

Its got 35k of fuel, 29k of Mono, 1M Xenon, 37k Oxygen and 164k of Electricity. It has space for 23 Kerbals, 10 docking ports and theres room to expand if needed.

screenshot3.png

Plan is to use it as a staging point to expand into the rest of the system, all I need to do is get the hardware up in 1 go, I can refuel as much as I need there. Next big target is a Industrial Kethane Refinery on Mun and orbital fuel depot in orbit.

Qpwhcpt.jpg

my coolest picture of it

KRwnUH0.jpg

couldnt add more massive lag was already hard to deorbit it

FO1Z3kC.jpg

normal picture

the second stages I used to orbit quite small but capable

sQFkKto.jpg

used poodle to fairing hide the other 4

and my approach tactic

mkA9MFY.jpg

mods used kw rocketry only the fairings!!!

Edited by deadelitezealot

Old and new version of my MISS - Minmus Industrial Space Station.

The old one was assembled in Kerbin orbit and reached highly inclined 1500km Minmus orbit with about 31 m/s delta-v left. Built the first (decomissioned, due to instability problems after landing) kethane miner in orbit. Had enough delta-v after one mining-trip to but the station in a 0° 500km-Orbit.

Did two more trips down to the surface (with the newer miner that's shown in the second pic) and build the replacement station directly in Minmus orbit. The new station uses about half the parts (new station + miner = old station w/o miner), without performing less well on the job.

Damn that part-limitation... Would've loved to build a huge spacedock that seems "fitting" for larger interplanetary crafts. Ah well, can't have everything.

screenshot56.png

screenshot59.png

I'm not making a crack at you hacking it into orbit, but you should know that the LMPM isn't on Node 2, and definitely not on the station twice. I really wish BobCat would fix that.

1. I actually didn't hack it into orbit.

2. I know, but since its MY creation, I can do whatever I want with it.

My old game corrupt, so here are a few of the bigger stations from my newest game.

The late K.S.S.

This station was a beast, You cant quite see, but I have three Sumghai Orion's docked underneath too, those ships are absolutely everywhere on my game.

Those big things docked are my interplanetary delivery ships, You can still make out the station though I'm sure.

The smaller one of the two delivery ships had just arrived back from Duna and the bigger was just about to set off for Laythe :P

screenshot480.png

Duna Station

In all of it's glory with the said smaller delivery ship and its cargo all docked up

Was easily enough equipment to land on Duna and her moon before returning back to Kerbin :)

screenshot210.png

Laythe Station

All ready to be used as HQ for some moon landings in the Joolian system when I can be bothered.

This station is cool, I sent it flat packed in two ships and built it in orbit with little drones ;)

screenshot592.png

The second K.S.S.

Built after the earlier one had it's unfortunate error :(

My other one resembled the I.S.S. a little I thought, so I designed this one after the concept I.S.S.

Not quite as many docking ports or solar panels on this one unfortunately, Though there's less lag now, lol

screenshot582.png

Its basicly the same station :-S

I quite enjoy building stations...:-/

Cheers

Space Station Alpha, 100,000m over Kerbin orbit. 100% stock. Loosely inspired by ISS design.

The spaceplane docked is a vertical multi-stage assent to orbit, horizontal runway landing transport that can carry up to 4 crewmen. Very Space Shuttle-y.

Tried to keep the part count low without losing esthetics and practicality, for performance purposes.

u8ng.png

mwdn.png

tru9.png

edl9.png