SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

This is my small science station. It has a telescope and science lab on board. All the docking ports have rototrons so I can align after docking. Escape pod and robotic arm with gantry crane to be added next.

51Vzt1x.jpg

Edited by hellblazer

from my last career game the jool space station:

47B448D74BE19E2E5B195209BDFDC81E9BD2BCE9

there are 2 SSTO planes docked for laythe flights and several rcs worker drones with multiple adapters to modify the station.

7206C99379531A940922ACD450ABCBEBBE9C2BD0

2 tugs are available to push around the lander and the planes.

E0F367274DCF2E057098C3C3AE6258E099F803EF

the main station transfer stage (center right 8x NERVA) also can decouple every single engine with fuel tanks and dock it to a mk1 lander can for a return mission to kerbin.

Holy Kerbonium. What is your FPS when you are around this monsters? -10?

I've been tackling that same problem, how to have beautiful, big stations while having a sane, enjoyable framerate. this is my answer:

okblpkA.png

The monolithic station is a mere 75 parts, and it has everything you might need (including space for 99 101 kerbals, incidentally) except fuel. Fuel modules as you can see, can be added ad infitnitum to your desired capacity, each Big Red adding 11 parts to the whole thing, and the drive pods to move them around are another 11. All in all, extremely frugal, I just built self-deployed a munar fuel depot with 3x Big Reds that is a mere 130 parts, drives included.

Rune. All thanks to gizmos, really.

Edited by Rune

Hi all. I'm fairly new to KSP and decided to try my hand at building an ISS replica. I'm about 7 days into it (bear with me, I've got a wife & little ones at home that share my time). The parts are 90% stock... The mods I'm using are Mechjeb, the B9 Aerospace Pack, Near Future's Solar Panels, and Romfarer's Lazor & Robotic arm system.

I'll share more photos as the build progresses.

This is after 3 days & a bunch of individual module launches/docking... The Robotic Arm hadn't been attached yet.

screenshot0_zps6a403bf1-1.png

This is after the Robotic Arm, the 'Soyuz' module, and a 'Huge Honkin' Solar Array' were attached.

screenshot1_zps20bbbcea-1.png

- - - Updated - - -

The K-S-S Mk. 2, my newest Space Station.

It has 2 Observation Modules, 3 Large Crew compartments, 2 labs, and several small docking ports for incoming and outgoing ships. I also got a Space Shuttle to dock with it!

I got a Solar Eclipse picture in the Album too which was kind of cool! :cool:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Just redesigned this station. 3 sections launched - 300 KM orbit.

• quad senior docking ports secure the two sections. Super rigid.
  • 2 Large barn doors w/ hydraulic hinges. Gantry crane for bay docking.
  • 2 Propulsion backpacks for EVA fun.
  • Fuel depot
  • Solar array tower
  • 150 ton - 400+ parts.

ba6RUft.jpgwaRGtBa.jpg

Edited by hellblazer

Now I want to build and show you guys an awesome space station...How do I post pictures on this site?

First you have to upload them to to a photosharing site like imgur or an equivalent. Then find and copy the URL for the picture. Then click the icon that looks like a painting. If you hover over it it says "Insert Image". Then past the URL, click ok and voila!

First you have to upload them to to a photosharing site like imgur or an equivalent. Then find and copy the URL for the picture. Then click the icon that looks like a painting. If you hover over it it says "Insert Image". Then past the URL, click ok and voila!

ok, thanks!