SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

This is not really a space station, but more of a frame building kit. It comes with 24 modules and 12 extension arms as well as a large construction drone to help put it together.

There are enough pieces to create several different configurations.

351WUxv.png

Bootstrapping up an orbital dockyard - eventually it'll be using parts far too large to launch off planet, but you have to start somewhere. 90x2400km orbit to give constructed vessels a nice little boost.

16729799845_c1e7048848_b.jpg

And a little later after the dockyard module was built and there was some re-arrangement -

16704503736_41873f7927_b.jpg

Need to design a tank farm, which is easy enough - but I also need to find or create a model for a really large workshop, so suggestions welcome.

Edited by Van Disaster

16559784158_9f94de4845_b.jpg

And today's final config. The giant spacedock looks fantastic, but ... actually if I want to build a giant ship I'd need to use the original dock or it'd get stuck inside the structure. So I might pull that off again, or I might just leave it all like that.

So I started my Kappa Space Station Project today. Want to use it as a multipurpose Station for refuelling, Shipbuilding with Extraplanetary Lunchpads and as a small Colony.

As you can see I used a Transport Freighter with Nuclear Engines to get it up in a 200KM Orbit. I have to optimise the Lifter as i got it in 75KM high with the Help of the Infinite Fuel Cheat. (Shame on Me)

Landing didn't got well as planned, the whole rear section Blew Up after the touchdown.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by DrMoKerban

You know? I'm going to have to release this. It's that awesome. 192 parts on the pad, but the final breakdown in orbit is 149, divided in 50 (front section, 100% independent, I like to think of it as an escape section) + 70 (Big Ring section for full artificial gravity, 0.5G at 6RPMs) + 7 (tank in the middle) + 11x2 ( the two Drive pods)= 149. And it can still pull over 2 km/s for self-relocation at a comfortable 1m/s^2!! Plus, 69 crew seats, antennae, science lab, the works. I think I outdid myself in merging both amazing looks with full functionality in the smallest part count imaginable for such a thing:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Rune. Crazy staging sequence FTW!

Edited by Rune

New player here, I finished my first space station last week, during my first ongoing play-through. This is Kerbolab, based on Skylab. I launched the whole thing in one shot; the lab's built-in fuel tank was part of the launch vehicle. :) I had a tank on the other side of the jumbo docking port that had a mainsail engine on it, and had big orange tanks all around it. I was originally going to convert Kerbolab into an interplanetary vehicle, but decided to build Nautilus instead (seen in second shot) after I realized that I had no need for the extra hitchhiker can. Nautilus' fuel cluster was launched in one go, with the mainsail engines dropping off as the tanks ran out of fuel. Eventually I replaced its last mainsail with nuclear engines once I researched them.

http://www.spellflight.com/WIPS/Kerbolab.png

http://www.spellflight.com/WIPS/Kerbolab2.png

I can barely fly a stock ship to orbit, I can't do anything well without mechjeb. Why do I suck so terrible, I've been playing since 0.24.2

Long time player, but infrequent poster. Here's a shipyard I made that was inspired by the IXS release video shipyard and a shipyard released a long time ago with the tri-hex truss pack. (here's hoping I embedded this right...)

4qO7m9c.png

So next update, lunched another Storage module for Argon and Xenon as well as an Habitation Module with an Inflatable Workspace and another Habitationring wich creates artificial Gravity inside the Station. For the next lunches I plan to add an OKS Colony Center and Command Modules also a few more bigger Solarpannels.

Y0bFIW6.jpg

By the Way I accept requests and proposals for the Station ;)

Is it possible to put kerbals in the habitation ring?

Yep, the big one can hold up to 10 i think and the small one up to 5.

Next Update to the Station ahead. Brought up the Command Center with a Kerbitat and a few more Docking Ports for adding a Space Dock and more OKS Modules. Also Bob and Jeb joined the Party up there

Kq6UVZI.jpg