SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

On 2/7/2016 at 3:47 AM, Spartwo said:

V4 looks pretty nice, it's an actual ring instead of a spurred wheel:p

I see you used the Mk3 Adapters to make the joints. It works great, doesn't it?

s2G23wS.png

Rune. Shorter sections actually make it look more regular.

I shamelessly took @Rune's wonderful method of making MK3 ring stations in stock KSP (utilizing the shuttle engine adapter part) and made myself a 'lil Duna rest stop-station.

3dQUwAp.png

Alongside that, I finally crewed-up my main LKO station, Valhalla, which utilizes a mixture of a habitat ring, an "inflatable" module, and fuel storage+docking adapters to provide plenty of services to ships traveling to and from Kerbin.

fY5LIYc.png

All-stock here, by the way (save for visual FX mods).

WvtsvkP.png

PqqPB3c.png

eTvqGWu.png

The yet-to-be completed Installation 01-K. Each cargo bay has 2 ASAS units, 2.5m probe cores (for redundancy and power storage), and 2.5 meter docking ports.

At this rate, Installation 02's going to be much, much larger. (Might need to get the VAB/Hangar extender mod to build it though. :P)

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

Here's a random collection of space junk, Errr...I mean my space station.

It's from a fairly early point in my latest career save, I was feeling too lazy to come up with any sort of cohesive design and just started docking things I didn't need anymore to it willy-nilly.

It's since been abandoned because at 350+ parts it's starting to become a real pain in my FPS. Anyways, I think it qualifies as "interesting." :confused:

YwuAquL.png

The most interesting space station I've ever had was the massive, over-1,000-part DysonCube Station.

xlJEC41.png

I docked the bottom two modules to it (in addition to a 1,000 part heatshield I docked later on), and I had docked three maintenance jetpacks I had used to destroy some unwanted parts, too. (the blue lighting is from the jetpack...)

bHmkmV1.png

No screenshots, but I had an interesting station-building time in 0.25 or so with TACLS and Station Science (which includes some heavy parts like the cyclotron and requires you to dock experiment modules then undock them to return them to Kerbin). I settled on an an entirely line-astern station - that way a tug attached at either end could easily drive it with thrust straight through the CoG - one end Clamp-o-Tron SR for heavy equipment like the tug, the other standard Clamp-o-Tron; ships would come up from Kerbin, dock on that end, rotate their crew onto the station, then when the experiment was finished other crew would come back down with it. By designing the experiment missions to have surplus life support, the station could be kept resupplied, and with KAS (no KIS back then) minor problems with the station (like idiots (me) knocking off a bunch of solars docking) could be fixed up on EVA missions.

That was the most station-buildy game I had. It was in Science mode, so I wasn't guided by contracts, just by the need to run the experiments.