The squares on the surface are a common issue, I believe it’s at least partly Kopernicus’ fault and I’ve seen it on many different planet packs in different versions of KSP.

As for the gas giant, I’m sure I’ve seen others talking about the terminator lines being rotated by 90 degrees before, but I can’t remember where- try searching through the forums, starting on the Kopernicus thread.

4 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

As for the gas giant, I’m sure I’ve seen others talking about the terminator lines being rotated by 90 degrees before, but I can’t remember where- try searching through the forums, starting on the Kopernicus thread.

I've dealt with that before. I believe its because the normal map is saved in an incorrect format.

The issue is likely with one of the textures (color map or height map). I recommend checking the Kopernicus logs to see if any exceptions occurred during the planet loading process. If you want to put the logs and config in a spoiler box here, I’ll take a look for you. Good luck!

2 hours ago, wpetula said:

The issue is likely with one of the textures (color map or height map). I recommend checking the Kopernicus logs to see if any exceptions occurred during the planet loading process. If you want to put the logs and config in a spoiler box here, I’ll take a look for you. Good luck!

Thanks I'll put the configs in here, the gas giant config is mostly temporary while I produce my own.

Spoiler

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/666150040158339094/964262066703712316/Mike.cfg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/666150040158339094/964262029848371280/Salus.cfg

Sorry that its a discord link, I sent it to a friend and copied the link so I can put it in the post. I am unexperienced with making file links.

Logs:

Slight problem, I'm an idiot and didn't know where to find them.

Edited by NimNimix

3 hours ago, NimNimix said:

Thanks I'll put the configs in here, the gas giant config is mostly temporary while I produce my own.

Thanks. For Mike, I see two major issues, although they might not be the source of the terrain squares you reported. 

• The "Biomes" section should be inside of "Properties"
  • The Normal Map should be .png (use KittopiaTech to generate it for you, then copy the file from the KittopiaTech folder into your mod map folder)

As for the gas giant, the Normal Map not being .png is likely why the lighting is all messed up. 

The logs should be found in a folder inside the "Kerbal Space Program" folder. 

On 4/14/2022 at 5:13 PM, wpetula said:

Thanks. For Mike, I see two major issues, although they might not be the source of the terrain squares you reported. 

• The "Biomes" section should be inside of "Properties"
  • The Normal Map should be .png (use KittopiaTech to generate it for you, then copy the file from the KittopiaTech folder into your mod map folder)

As for the gas giant, the Normal Map not being .png is likely why the lighting is all messed up. 

The logs should be found in a folder inside the "Kerbal Space Program" folder. 

Thank you so much, I have a lot bigger plans for the mod than these 2 prototype planets and I hope I can make it something nice.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.