KSP Map icons continually shake in flight.

Above you can see that I said IN FLIGHT, that is because in  the tracking station the icons work perfectly fine, but in flight, all hell breaks loose (on the map) 
I have had the weird orbital lines flickering bug for a couple years now and I can deal with it, but the map icons shaking just doesn't sit right with me, and I need to fix them.

Mods I have

1. Galaxies Unbound (Fire Expansion, Nova Kerbani, Epsilon Eridani)
  2. Event Horizon
  3. Distant Object Enhancements
  4. Scatterer (Scatterer Sunflare)
  5. Interstellar Extended
  6. TweakScale

I have around another 20 mods but they are minor ones I know are not the cause of the icons shaking.

• 3 weeks later...

I have same issue (it's not just ship icons, the whole map screen is jittering and even planets in high orbit become weirdly smeared), the only mods we have in common I think are Scatterer and DOE, but you should post ALL of your mod list, literally just print dir to file using console. I'd add that it started after I updated both of those mods. It could be a rendering issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been having this issue too and can definitely confirm that it's a scatterer based issue, I don't know if it's a mod interaction or just scatterer itself but it went away when I removed scatterer and only scatterer and came back when I re added it

Another discovery I just made: using scatterer version 0.0831 (the first release for KSP 1.12.3) as opposed to the latest version also removes the issue, if I had to guess that means the problem probably lies somewhere in the anti aliasing changes made in 0.0834 but I can't be sure of that 

1 hour ago, JZG said:

Another discovery I just made: using scatterer version 0.0831 (the first release for KSP 1.12.3) as opposed to the latest version also removes the issue, if I had to guess that means the problem probably lies somewhere in the anti aliasing changes made in 0.0834 but I can't be sure of that 

You sir are a godsend
Are there any other differences between the latest Scatterer release and 0.0831 that I need to take into account?

This is a known issue with scatterer's TAA implementation (and how TAA works in general).

There's no need to roll back to an earlier version, just turn it off in scatterers config dialog if you don't like the jitter/jaggie tradeoff.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.