Petiton for menu music

Ksp's royalty free music has a vibe to it that I don't have the know-how to explain but I would be a little sad to see go. That said, I'm pretty sure Nate Simpson has praised the composer multiple times on the forums so I'm not too worried 

I've never been a fan of just slowing down the original piece and rerecording it as an orchestral score.  I've always felt it was cliche and sort of lame.  I'm glad they have a composer working on it and am sure that they'll do an acceptable job assuming it's someone competent.

28 minutes ago, siklidkid said:

I really want it to just be a remixed version of the old one. It is royalty free music, after all.

I especially don't want KSP 2 to be retreading old ground rather than creating something original.

2 minutes ago, Jcklemme said:

I've never been a fan of just slowing down the original piece and rerecording it as an orchestral score.  I've always felt it was cliche and sort of lame.  I'm glad they have a composer working on it and am sure that they'll do an acceptable job assuming it's someone competent.

KSP 2 should avoid blatantly reusing old assets that don't need to be reused.

28 minutes ago, THE_JUDGE said:

Ksp's royalty free music has a vibe to it that I don't have the know-how to explain but I would be a little sad to see go. That said, I'm pretty sure Nate Simpson has praised the composer multiple times on the forums so I'm not too worried 

The royalty free music was only fresh the first million times I listened to it in space. Now I can't bring myself to listen to the tracks in KSP 1.

4 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

The royalty free music was only fresh the first million times I listened to it in space. Now I can't bring myself to listen to the tracks in KSP 1.

Listening to the same few tracks for a decade has gotten stale. 

They could put the main theme in as an Easter egg, say it plays when you're within a certain distance of some anomaly, say the old run down Kerbal Space Center from the first game.  Other than that I agree, let's get some new stuff.

Edited by Jcklemme

I love it. They do have a composer on staff, Howard Mostrom, and his work has been fantastic so far. I do love the little nod to nostalgia on this track. Are there legal issues with remixing royalty free music for a profit or no and thats the point?