The Kerbal Space Podcast!

N9 Gaming

Hello! I will be hosting a Kerbal themed podcast as we all wait with anticipation for KSP 2 to arrive, discussing everything from KSP to space news, space history, wacky concepts, and all sorts of things! The aim is to involve listeners via here, Reddit, and Discord as we will be talking with guest KSP developers, content creators, and other members of the community. If you have any questions, ideas, conversation topics you would really like talked about then by all means join us on our journey!

The first episode will be airing soon on YT, Spotify, and other places podcasts are found, but until then we've an introduction 'cast (YouTube link) to share with any and all members of the KSP community! We'll reach out with more specifics when able, but until then you can join in the discussion with these links: Discord - Reddit

Update, as I neglected to leave a link for this here - We have a "link hub" to help find the show on various platforms like Spotify, Amazon, and iHeart: https://thekerbalspacepodcast.buzzsprout.com/
Edited by N9 Gaming
Added links!

On 4/21/2022 at 8:27 AM, Vl3d said:

Any specific first guest you want to announce? :)

At the moment we're not sure! Though a handful of people say they'd love to join us for a conversation (very excited). Episode 1 we've decided not to have a guest just yet so we can get a feel for how long each episode will be and what not before we're joined by a third member of the community. However, the first episode with just Mark and I should air May 1st or 2nd Kraken willing! :D

I would like to announce our first guest will be joining us for Episode 2, Linx ! The KSP wizard behind the Parallax mod and several entirely new planet packs! The episode will fittingly be focused on "Destinations"; new planets we've seen confirmed in KSP 2, what the new terrain is going to be like, what we believe some real planets orbiting stars near our own could be like based on science, stuff like that! If you know of GamesLinx and have any questions/stories/discussion topics for the show, feel free to ask away! Otherwise, here's a link to their channel for you to check out! https://youtube.com/c/Gameslinx

Aside from terrain (destructible terrain and crash sites, rock fields, lava tubes, caves and underwater) I would like to know know his take on weather (rain, storms, clouds, lightning, vortexes) and modern Unity graphical features.

Also here are some crazy celestial body ideas to inspire you. Which of them are interesting or possible?

Hello! Here is the official word / proof for the "discovering planets with telescopes" idea: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/198386-would-this-make-sense-hiding-systems-in-progression/&do=findComment&comment=3888476

Also the magic boulder was in orbit around Ike, but now you can find it on... *spoiler*

Edited by Vl3d

9 hours ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

What is the name of it on Apple Podcasts?

It's not currently on Apple Podcasts, issues with the sign up process. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Also update: we will be skipping one week and airing episode 3 on May 23rd, fyi!

On 5/13/2022 at 2:18 PM, Lijazos said:

Heard it a couple days ago while having a walk, really enjoyed it! It was about time to have a chill KSP podcast. Are you guys planning on doing one every other week?

We plan on doing it every week actually! Though this week is a skip as I've been sick is all, feeling better though (:

Next episode will air June 6th and be focused on the topic of Construction/Building! Things like the new editor and its various features, what might be possible, what might not be, etc.

I also have to announce our schedule is going to be switching to every other week, and not every week: there are a few reasons for this:

1. We have more time to gather interesting details and do a little more studying up in our free time, of which I admittedly have less of than I would like to, at least for now.

2. It will be more likely guests will have available time to speak with us given longer in-between times, because time is a valuable thing for everyone.

3. Despite initial plans on 45 minute episodes, we are regularly close to doubling that, and going over the allotted time Buzzsprout gives us per month! Which I'm proud of honestly, I wasn't sure how things would go right away but it seems we have plenty to ramble about (:

That's all for now, carry on! o7

Edited by N9 Gaming

• 2 weeks later...

That would be fantastic, I'll likely reach out sometime - I saw their ring station and was quite impressed! The fact they are a NASA engineer would make for some great conversation I think! Great suggestion!

There's going to be a 1 or 2 day delay on episode 4, just working some timing out, BUT I can confirm our guest for the episode will be EJ_SA! If you're unaware, they are a rather popular twitch streamer known for crazy complicated KSP engineering - check them out here: https://twitch.tv/ej_sa

We'll be recording tomorrow so if you've got any questions for EJ let me know :D

What changes / improvements he wants for the VAB/SPH construction UI, orbital construction in KSP2, rocket / craft versioning, what new parts he wants for rover / mech?

Also maybe ask him about part software modules, as talked about below:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.