SOL: High Fidelity Graphics for KSRSS - Wen Release?!?

G'th

8 hours ago, dababykerman said:

oh man, im real sorry all this crap is happening g'th, i just want you to know you're still an amazing mod maker and not to feel pressured by anyone to come back :)

You'd think a game about space frogs wouldn't foster a community of users and modders that have this kind of contempt for each other but here we are. 

Like this isn't even internet feuding or whatever, this is just people being incredibly toxic for no good reason. 

I stayed up into the middle of the night last night helping someone install the mod, but then if I go ask a polite question with no expectation of getting an answer anytime soon, I get dog piled. And even more people harrassing me in my dms is just par for the course at this point. 

This mod already had development stop once because of this community and its clearer to me now that even if I wanted to continue, that the support I'm going to need to take the mod where I wanted it to go is never going to come from this community. I still need Sol to do what I needed it for, and I'll be sharing that soon now that I can skip modding and focus on writing, but Im not continuing with this. 

So for everyone that managed to get the mod before its deletion, congrats. [snip]

Those of you (you know who you are) whom I've already helped will still recieve support for as long as they want to use the mod, and thats the only courtesy I'm extending. 

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

7 hours ago, G'th said:

You'd think a game about space frogs wouldn't foster a community of users and modders that have this kind of contempt for each other but here we are. 

Like this isn't even internet feuding or whatever, this is just people being incredibly toxic for no good reason. 

I stayed up into the middle of the night last night helping someone install the mod, but then if I go ask a polite question with no expectation of getting an answer anytime soon, I get dog piled. And even more people harrassing me in my dms is just par for the course at this point. 

This mod already had development stop once because of this community and its clearer to me now that even if I wanted to continue, that the support I'm going to need to take the mod where I wanted it to go is never going to come from this community. I still need Sol to do what I needed it for, and I'll be sharing that soon now that I can skip modding and focus on writing, but Im not continuing with this. 

So for everyone that managed to get the mod before its deletion, congrats. [snip]

Those of you (you know who you are) whom I've already helped will still recieve support for as long as they want to use the mod, and thats the only courtesy I'm extending. 

Yeah, people can be terrible for no reason sometimes, well, it was an amazing mod and I wish you luck on your future endeavours!

This thread has been locked.  Since the original mod release thread has removed its download links and is, itself, locked, there's no useful purpose to be served by leaving this thread open.

We're always sorry to see a KSP mod go away, since mods provide such value to the community.  As everyone here knows (right?), this is of course entirely up to the mod author; it's their work, and therefore their decision.

I'm sure we're all especially sorry to see a mod go away due to an author having a poor experience in the community, and hope that folks can learn from the experience so that future occurrences can be avoided.