Minimum and maximum drag settings in CFG

Am I correct in assuming that minimum drag for a part should never be set higher than maximum drag? What happens if a part is misconfigured: very weird aero performance, or would it mostly be unnoticeable, or is KSP already smart enough to adjust values if the min and max are inconsistent with each other?

For example, here's a case of higher max than min in a B9 Aerospace crew tank:

dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.3
angularDrag = 3

The context is that I have 2 planes that are behaving oddly. I am using a procedural wing on a spaceplane, and the wing generates good lift but such little drag that reentry is very difficult. A second spaceplane generates much more drag from the same exact copy/pasted proc wing. I wonder if the problem isn't the wing itself and maybe the presence of a part with cfg quirks can affect drag on other parts.

After I understand the drag settings better I might write an MM patch that creates warnings when a part's drag is inconsistent.

Edited by DeadJohn

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.