What constitutes a "Flyby" of a planet?

Hello,

I'm curious as to "What constitutes a "Flyby" of a planet?" I've landed on Minmus many times  and returned but have not gotten the "Flyby" trophy (PS4), I got the one for the Sun but was not even close but figured it had something to do with it being in the center of the Kerbal solar system when I went to Eve?.....

I don't know for sure about PS4, but on PC, to get progress for a flyby contract, all you need to do is have an uninterrupted trajectory through the target's sphere of influence. Meaning, as soon as you have a trajectory that enters the SOI of Minmus and then goes on to escape it again, you're performing a flyby. You should get the progress attributed to you at the very latest when your vessel actually enters the SOI. You can even change your trajectory with a burn after that (f.ex. to capture) and not lose the flyby attribution.

If your trajectory hits Minmus directly, that doesn't qualify. That's a collision, not a flyby :P

Additionally, if the trophy specifically says "flyby of a planet", then Minmus itself may simply not qualify, because Minmus is not a planet. It is a moon. Try with Duna or Eve, they are both fairly easy to reach as long as you are within the correct transfer window.

3 hours ago, Streetwind said:

I don't know for sure about PS4, but on PC, to get progress for a flyby contract, all you need to do is have an uninterrupted trajectory through the target's sphere of influence. Meaning, as soon as you have a trajectory that enters the SOI of Minmus and then goes on to escape it again, you're performing a flyby. You should get the progress attributed to you at the very latest when your vessel actually enters the SOI. You can even change your trajectory with a burn after that (f.ex. to capture) and not lose the flyby attribution.

If your trajectory hits Minmus directly, that doesn't qualify. That's a collision, not a flyby :P

Additionally, if the trophy specifically says "flyby of a planet", then Minmus itself may simply not qualify, because Minmus is not a planet. It is a moon. Try with Duna or Eve, they are both fairly easy to reach as long as you are within the correct transfer window.

Thanks for replying,

For PlayStation you get a trophy for doing a flyby of each planet? and all the moons and one for landing on and returning from each planet and all moons, its allot of trophies they list them in the trophy section for each game but never say what you have to do for the trophies which sux sometimes like now, and trophies for things like first space docking, first rocket, first orbit, stupid thing like that, but I'm thinking I should have gotten the Minmus one but haven't and maybe I need to just flyby and keep going? to who knows where haha???. ill try that and see what happens but I think I have to return to Kerbel for the trophy?.

Thanks Again

Blue Skies

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.