[1.12.x] Resource Overview for VAB/SPH and Flight

linuxgurugamer

Originally made by forum user @SMILIE for 0.90, hasn't been updated for many years.  Original thread is here:  https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83840-090-resource-overview-for-vabsph-v1200-16-dec/#comment-1382943

Resource Overview for VAB/SPH and Flight

It's a simple plugin which shows you following things in the VAB/SPH:

• Total/Dry Mass
  • Crew Capacity
  • Part Count
  • All Resources on the vessel and their max amount

PUvdvpd.jpeg

Total/dry mass, crew capacity and part count can be toggled on/off in the settings window. Toolbar and stock app launcher can also be enabled/disabled via the settings window.

Dependencies

• SpaceTuxLibrary
  • ToolbarController
  • ClickThroughBlocker

Availability

Available via CKAN

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Thanks for adopting and updating this mod :).I do like the mod, it's very light-weight.

Some issues I encountered:

1. button image not loading, but that maybe also my messed up modded install:

Line 58290: [ERR 09:35:31.746] ToolbarControl: Cannot find texture to load:ResourceOverview/PluginData/ro_app_button_active.png
    Line 58293: [ERR 09:35:31.748] ToolbarControl: Cannot find texture to load:ResourceOverview/PluginData/ro_app_button.png

2. In the VAB the calculated TWR isn't very helpful, at least in relationship to  Kerbin, imho.

XdfnpqS.png

3. In-flight KER and RO seem to show slightly different values for the current mass and current TWR:

fa7mFSs.pngä

Edited by FasterThanFlourite

4 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

button image not loading, but that maybe also my messed up modded install:

Line 58290: [ERR 09:35:31.746] ToolbarControl: Cannot find texture to load:ResourceOverview/PluginData/ro_app_button_active.png
    Line 58293: [ERR 09:35:31.748] ToolbarControl: Cannot find texture to load:ResourceOverview/PluginData/ro_app_button.png

Incorrectly installed, see these lines from the log file:

[LOG 09:34:20.998] Incorrect ResourceOverview Installation: ResourceOverview has been installed incorrectly and will not function properly. All files should be located in KSP/GameData/ResourceOverview/Plugins. Do not move any files from inside that folder.

Incorrect path(s):
GameData\GameData\ResourceOverview\Plugins\ResourceOverview.dll

[WRN 09:34:21.062] File 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerbalChangelog\KerbalChangelogSettings.cfg' does not exist

In the VAB the calculated TWR isn't very helpful, at least in relationship to  Kerbin, imho.

Hmm, what about in flight?

In-flight KER and RO seem to show slightly different values for the current mass and current TWR:

I'll look into this.

3 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

making EC, LF, Ox, SF also toggable

The whole idea of this mod is to show the resources, and to be as lightweight as possible.  For now, that's not going to happen

changing font and spacing (I find KER's much easier to read)

Next beta will have a stock skin.  Again, lightweight, everything that gets added makes an impact

saving state and position in each scene  (so you don't have to drag it to your favourite position each new launch)

May be doable in the future, I'll keep this in mind

33 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Incorrectly installed, see these lines from the log file:

Whoupsie. After fixing the copy&paste mistake, I can confirm the icon shows up just fine.

Speaking of, I found a small typo in the toolbar controller:

iGdc7nX.png

33 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The whole idea of this mod is to show the resources, and to be as lightweight as possible.  For now, that's not going to happen

Next beta will have a stock skin.  Again, lightweight, everything that gets added makes an impact

May be doable in the future, I'll keep this in mind

I really do appreciate how lightweight the mod is and how it gives me a concise overview of resources in a draggable window. Saving the position would be great quality of life improvement, indeed :) .

No, I just downloaded via the link that you provided up top and copied the folder (which is why the copy&paste error with the logo happened).

I just checked, the current mass and TWR values are the same for both the stock display in the VAB and for KER, but are slightly different in RO.

Edited by FasterThanFlourite

2 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

No, I just downloaded via the link that you provided up top and copied the folder (which is why the copy&paste error with the logo happened).

I just checked, the current mass and TWR values are the same for both the stock display in the VAB and for KER, but are slightly different in RO.

How did you install RO?

And, what vessel are you using to test, along with how many Kerbals are in it?

Have you tested it on an unmanned vessel?

That's good to know

Edited by linuxgurugamer

27 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

1)How did you install RO?

2) And, what vessel are you using to test, along with how many Kerbals are in it?

3) Have you tested it on an unmanned vessel?

That's good to know

1) I  downloaded your 2.0.0 Beta 1 version, extracted it and put the ResourceOverview folder into the GameData folder.

2) The vessels were various ~40 part self-built vessels early in a modded career playthrough and (3) all those vessels were unmanned. Do you want me to upload any files in particular?

New release, 2.0.0.1

• Added functionality for stock skin
  • Fixed mass/twr calculations for RO
  • Added adjustable font settings
  • Added scene specific save locations (editor & flight).  Settings window only has a single location saved
  • Added color to fonts

Full release, out of beta.

New release, 2.0.1

• Added functionality to TrackingStation (this instead of adding another mod: "Resource Details in Tracking Center")

This addition was inspired by a request I got to revive another mod, I decided to incorporate the functionality of it into this since they were so similiar

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love that you've implemented the font size and transparency options, that's the only thing I was yearning for. Thanks :) !

Small note: I accidentally tried to change the window transparency with the alternate skin enabled and since that doesn't work, it throws a bunch of errors:

[ERR 11:46:14.583] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:17.636] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:17.657] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:17.685] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:17.708] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:17.730] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:17.753] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:17.775] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:17.797] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:17.825] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:19.365] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:19.389] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:19.412] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:19.434] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:19.456] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:19.478] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:19.505] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:19.527] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:19.550] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:19.571] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:19.592] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:19.615] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:19.638] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:19.665] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:19.688] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:19.710] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:19.734] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:19.758] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

[ERR 11:46:19.791] ResourceOverview: SetAlpha, GUI.skin.window.active.background is null

Probably has no long-lasting consequences and doesn't really matter much, though.

I absolutely love that you've implemented the font size and transparency options, that's the only thing I was yearning for. Thanks :) !

Small note: I accidentally tried to change the window transparency with the alternate skin enabled and since that doesn't work, it throws a bunch of errors:

Probably has no long-lasting consequences and doesn't really matter much, though.

Get 2.0.2.1, that was a bug that I fixed last night after I released 2.0.2.

Only appears in some installations.

If it's still happening with 2.0.2.1, please get me a log file

• 1 month later...

New release, 2.0.2.2

• Fixed missing image for Blizzy toolbar button

===================

On 5/16/2022 at 9:38 AM, FasterThanFlourite said:

(In my modded career) the bug appears in 2.0.2.1 installed via CKAN. Here's the KSP.log .

I'd prefer the Player.log

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.