more diverse tech.

in ksp 1 every part looks to be from the same era. including the buildings. the kerbal suits kinda look more futiristic then the spaceships but not much.

in ksp 2 i think it would be cool with actuall tech increases. not just size. wich we actually have seen in the trailers. but theres one thing we havent seen, old tech. it would be cool if the game begain with classic looking suits and parts like from the moon landing. and maybe also make the tech of the suits and command pods functional. maybe you cant have an old command pod in space for more then a certain time before the oxygen runs out or the kerbals die of radiation poisoning.  and maybe even make the ksc look a little more 1950s. of course it would only look like that in early game but i think it ould be a cool detail. maybe even make it so that the buildings dont get upgraded. you just build ne ones so the old ones would still be there. this could atleast be a thing with the colonies.

the "problem" is that KSP is inspired by reality, the game came out in 2011 (1.0) the post shuttle era, since then there have been no such significant missions that have involved the creation of new rockets by NASA and others, because Space X as well as other private agencies have not been integrated into the game. I believe that KSP was made to be as sandbox as possible, even with the DLC parts belonging to rockets from NASA, ESA and the Russian space agency that have been using the same rocket since the 60's are added. the futuristic parts you speak of are part of a possible near future, but none of those components have ever been made so far. That said, nothing is yet known about a possible tech tree, but I deduce that the flow is practically the same as in the first chapter.

however I would like to remind you that there are components in ksp that belong to sputnik (1957) as well as parts of the shuttle (1981-2011), I would say that a generation gap larger than that ... only the wright brothers' planes are missing.

just to make you understand, this is the timeline:
Space-Exp-Timeline-1024x690.png

i believe at least 1 component of any space mission is present in ksp.

in short, we are very slow in advancing in space technology;.;

16 hours ago, Laxez said:

sputnik (1957) as well as parts of the shuttle (1981-2011)

the problem with that is that that is just too little parts. i could use the sputnik thing but i wont be able to launch it on a rocket that looks even similar to the rocket that launched sputnik. and in ksp 2 we know we will be able to paint rocket parts so maybe we wont be able to make the weirdly shaped russian ones(the possibility is still there) but one fuel tank could fit in in multiple eras more easily. 

the fact that they are not identical is due to the copyright combined with the fact that ksp wants to be as sandboxed as possible, also I invite you to go and see the videos of Matt Lowne like the one that I share below, where he builds rockets as you would like to build them:

sure then it makes use of mods to place the parts, but the parts are the stock ones.