Rescale10x+Realantennas: Having a really mysterious issue here with commnet connection: No connection until I'm like 200m off the pad

Fergrim

So basically as the title says, I'm using a rescaled stock system at 10x, realism overhaul and real antennas.

None of my probes have any connection while on the launchpad, but if I force them to launch anyway (using gravity turn or mechjeb ascent) consistently five seconds later or so, the connection pops up.

This happens with every conceivable setup I could think of, all kinds of antennas and power settings.

One clue, I think, is that the DSN on the map appears to be in the ocean, like off to the east of KSC a little bit.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I could fix this?  Despite the workaround I've established, it's still really frustrating.

Edit:

My basic theory is that it has something to do with the rescale, and the kerbin DSN being in the ocean.  Figuring rescale somehow resulted in the DSN being in the ocean (which I thought was prevented by the scaling code) and that might be why I can't connect on the launchpad.

Maybe it's occluded until I get just a little above the launch pad?  

Ugh I'm not sure, that's just my best guess as of now

Edited by Fergrim

I had the same issue a year ago.  Finally I gave DSN antennae the same coordinates as KSC. I cannot tell you exactly where or in wich files you have to make that adjustments. I am building up my install from ground after a complete hardware loss.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.