Turn off autosave... Please tell me there's a way!?

I'm fed up of the constant interruption of the autosave, and frankly I never need to recover from a persistent save so I would prefer to turn it off to enhance my game experience. Ps4 player. Searched everywhere and doesnt appear to be a way to disable this, I find it incredibly frustrating. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm totally with you about the auto save I hate it too,  it always pops up when I'm trying to do a video or plotting maneuvers mostly when I dont want it and it also wrecks some of my ability to redo unless I constantly manually save which I do so I do not need an autosave wish we could turn it off.

Since you are on PS4 I'm not sure what files/configuration interface you can access. I'm playing KSP on pc and I found these in the settings.cfg in the KSP folder.

line 92-94

AUTOSAVE_INTERVAL = 300
AUTOSAVE_SHORT_INTERVAL = 30
SAVE_BACKUPS = 5

line 285-286

CAN_ALWAYS_QUICKSAVE = False
QUICKSAVE_MINIMUM_ALTITUDE = 500

If you can access this settings.cfg, I think changing that AUTOSAVE_INTERVAL to some very big values could help. If you can't access the settings.cfg, I personally can't find out a way to do this. A lot of tweaks in the .cfg don't seem to appear on the in-game settings window.

Edited by AllenLi

On 5/14/2022 at 8:01 AM, AllenLi said:

Since you are on PS4 I'm not sure what files/configuration interface you can access. I'm playing KSP on pc and I found these in the settings.cfg in the KSP folder.

line 92-94

AUTOSAVE_INTERVAL = 300
AUTOSAVE_SHORT_INTERVAL = 30
SAVE_BACKUPS = 5

line 285-286

CAN_ALWAYS_QUICKSAVE = False
QUICKSAVE_MINIMUM_ALTITUDE = 500

If you can access this settings.cfg, I think changing that AUTOSAVE_INTERVAL to some very big values could help. If you can't access the settings.cfg, I personally can't find out a way to do this. A lot of tweaks in the .cfg don't seem to appear on the in-game settings window.

Sony will brick your system if you hack it, there is no access to the software period, Sony stopped allowing it years ago when aholes started using mods to hack peoples personal Playstation machines and accounts with Sony and putting malware on peoples system so Sony stopped allowing anybody personal access to the software........

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.