Better Part Descriptions?

lpmalakye

Hello, Recently I started playing KSP again and quickly I realized why I stopped in the first place lol Items have little to no description or are extremely vague on what they are used for. I was wondering if there was a mod/video series that cover what the different items do and maybe examples of how they do it. Id appreciate the help. I really enjoy this game and would like to have a better understanding of what I am doing. Thanks for your replies ^_^

Long ago I tried to drum up interest in a mod that would do this, and even wrote a lot of the descriptions myself. No one seemed to find it useful enough to want to contribute but if you're interested by all means check out what I did. Feel free to use it, expand on it, or whatever.

On 5/3/2022 at 2:01 AM, Superfluous J said:

Long ago I tried to drum up interest in a mod that would do this, and even wrote a lot of the descriptions myself. No one seemed to find it useful enough to want to contribute but if you're interested by all means check out what I did. Feel free to use it, expand on it, or whatever.

This should be added to the Wiki.

I have discovered that other users here have much more knowledge about individual parts than I can find either in game or in the wiki.  Better parts descriptions would be a big help.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for all the replies, Yeah I mean I an enthusiast for Astronomy but know little to nothing about aerodynamics or rocket design. A lot of the parts I'm sure are (obvious) for people in some type of engineering, shoot! maybe even shop class in grade school but I really don't know much unless its obvious...like dead obvious lol Hopefully they keep that in mind for KSP2. I mean I get a lot out of watching videos, its just a lot to take in sometimes XD  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.