Im at Dres in a equatorial orbit, how much Delta V does it take to get back?

it is enough, barely, provided that your ship has good aerobraking.

with 1447 m/s at dres you can get a kerbin intercept during a tranfer window. minimum cost for that is 1230 m/s according to alexmoon tool. You have just enough fuel for course corrections. then you aerobrake in the atmosphere, if your ship can take it you're back.

if your ship cannot aerobrake, then i recommend going for duna; with 1447 m/s you can orbit duna easily - aerobraking there is a lot easier - and it's a lot easier and cheaper to mount a rescue mission at duna.

finally, in the future i recommend making sure that you can return before actually getting stuck there

On 5/4/2022 at 7:44 PM, Newgame space program said:

Yeah, how much do I need? I have 1447 meters per second of Delta V on my return stage, is that enough?

It's also possible to get back to Kerbin for under 1,000 m/s, provided that you go from Dres to Jool.  There are flyby trajectories that have you using Jool for a braking gravity assist to drop you into the inner system for a Kerbin encounter; the best flybys that I've found so far can do it for between 950 and 980 m/s.  These are obviously very time-dependent (transfers that coordinate three moving bodies--not including your vessel--are an order of magnitude more complex to plan than two-body transfers) but the window does reopen every few thousand days.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.